Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
Similar to them saying we can’t keep up with the likes of city because of all their oil £££. Then in defence of us not spending they say it’s a waste of time anyway. One minute spending wins you stuff & then the next it’s a liability.

... never mind the excuse, that 20 years of yoyo was justified in making os "competitive", when in fact there are no genuine proof that ENIC intents on even attempting making us just that. Competitive.

Nah mate, Sugar did actively let those players go

The reason being that the club was in deep shit due to the previous owners mismanagement and us being on the verge of going broke.

Gazza most definitely did not want to leave.

I'll give Sugar credit for saving us from going under, but he most certainly did not have any interest in investing enough money to make us champions.

As I said you can slag off Enic/Levy, god knows there's plenty there, but don't make things up about the previous owners to suit an agenda.
Good debate. Sugar v ENIC who is worse…always Sugar for me. And I can’t stand Levy. But to me, Sugar just had no clue what was happening on the pitch, while being a cheap and objectionable arse hole off it.

Few things I remember. When Sugar joined the bank debt was not the threat he said it was ( and would hide behind for years ) The sale of Gazza had settled the “threat” to the club. Re Gazza’s situation and as best I recall, that his advisers Stein and Lazarus had him for sale to European clubs for months while Venables was doing everything he could to keep Gazza. He begged them to let Gazza stay and he would build the team around him. They all told Venables to jog on. That’s the loyalty of Gazza’s camp. That’s football.

Venables put so much into trying to get the club off Scholar, especially so when Maxwell was hoovering too ( he’d given a massive loan on the quiet to Scholar ).

If I recall correctly, Philip Green offered £1m to Scholar to jog on, and take over with Venables and Morris Keston added into the mix as Chairman. But greed got the better of Scholar and the deal never happened. Gazza was formally sold thereafter.

Post cup final Sugar ( for reasons best known to him ) got involved in the club. He was well within the top 50 richest people in the U.K. in those days. He buys in and keeps his hands well away from his personal cheque book for the next 10 years, no different to some other owners I could name.

His investment was under £4m at the time, he walked out with a lot more than that !

And along the way, he oversaw…Venables antics but rather than deal with them forced the guy out, then remarkably recruited Ossie who himself would end up on Panorama due to his “creative” accounting ! but it’s the remarkable tactics on the field we all remember.

Sugar also oversaw Gerry Fucking Francis, the bloke with the tube ticket, the man in the Trenchcoat ( whisper this I liked GG) Sol Cumball’s antics, the washing his motor with Kilnsman’s shirt on BBC less than two years later begging Klinsman back! selling Teddy for £3m to pay £6m for Les, refusing to sign foreign talent and buying foreign duds from Wimbledon. And on this last point, As Sir Jimmy said, “Sugar has turned Tottenham into Wimbledon with fans”.

ENIC are a shady bunch, and there is not much between them and Mr “you’re fired”… but in terms of impact on status, they have put Tottenham back into the Top bracket. Sugar did the opposite. Hate the geezer.

Last edited:
The fatalist approach might be the way to go for all of us , embrace disaster as a trophy

Season 8 Tns GIF by THE NEXT STEP
Yep. When the goons take the piss out of us with their title & also our trophy cabinet caked in more dust. I am going to say it’s for the greater good to get enic & levy out. Best thing that could happen to us. As we won’t succeed with them. So there!
Not the best comeback granted. But it’s all true & had to happen for change to occur.

Good debate. Sugar v ENIC who is worse…always Sugar for me. And I can’t stand Levy. But to me, Sugar just had no clue what was happening on the pitch, while being a cheap and objectionable arse hole off it.

Few things I remember. When Sugar joined the bank debt was not the threat he said it was ( and would hide behind for years ) The sale of Gazza had settled the “threat” to the club. Re Gazza’s situation and as best I recall, that his advisers Stein and Lazarus had him for sale to European clubs for months while Venables was doing everything he could to keep Gazza. He begged them to let Gazza stay and he would build the team around him. They all told Venables to jog on. That’s the loyalty of Gazza’s camp. That’s football.

Venables put so much into trying to get the club off Scholar, especially so when Maxwell was hoovering too ( he’d given a massive loan on the quiet to Scholar ).

If I recall correctly, Philip Green offered £1m to Scholar to jog on, and take over with Venables and Morris Keston added into the mix as Chairman. But greed got the better of Scholar and the deal never happened. Gazza was formally sold thereafter.

Post cup final Sugar ( for reasons best known to him ) got involved in the club. He was well within the top 50 richest people in the U.K. in those days. He buys in and keeps his hands well away from his personal cheque book for the next 10 years, no different to some other owners I could name.

His investment was under £4m at the time, he walked out with a lot more than that !

And along the way, he oversaw…Venables antics but rather than deal with them forced the guy out, then remarkably recruited Ossie who himself would end up on Panorama due to his “creative” accounting ! but it’s the remarkable tactics on the field we all remember.

Sugar also oversaw Gerry Fucking Francis, the bloke with the tube ticket, the man in the Trenchcoat ( whisper this I liked GG) Sol Cumball’s antics, the washing his motor with Kilnsman’s shirt on BBC less than two years later begging Klinsman back! selling Teddy for £3m to pay £6m for Les, refusing to sign foreign talent and buying foreign duds from Wimbledon. And on this last point, As Sir Jimmy said, “Sugar has turned Tottenham into Wimbledon with fans”.

ENIC are a shady bunch, and there is not much between them and Mr “you’re fired”… but in terms of impact on status, they have put Tottenham back into the Top bracket. Sugar did the opposite. Hate the geezer.

Agreed

I can’t stand the cunt

Mrs B likes the Apprentice though so I have to endure the cunt every week who somehow thinks he’s funny reciting carefully scripted remarks

Tosser

People will still say that we can't compete with Liverpool etc...

Not convinced that’s true. Pretty sure Barcelona and Madrid make a lot more than any other side.

But yes, we now make about £20m - £25m more per season than Liverpool. Only the last couple of seasons though after many years of being below them.

Not convinced that’s true. Pretty sure Barcelona and Madrid make a lot more than any other side.

But yes, we now make about £20m - £25m more per season than Liverpool. Only the last couple of seasons though after many years of being below them.
I think Barca in particular sell a lot of cheaper tickets. Much of this is down to the realities of the local economy.

Back
Top Bottom