Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can. They just don't like to admit they've got it wrong for so many years.

Or they've invested so much of their time to defending them at every turn it would be a crushing psychological blow to finally let go.

Akin to being devoted to your lover for years only to find out they'd been cheating on you all the time, you may prefer to turn a blind eye to their misdemeanours rather than face up to what's staring you in the face
do you think I am one of them John?

I've said yes to a few questionable ladies at 2.30am just because I didn't wanna go home empty handed.
It doesn't mean I wanted them. Or at least, them specifically.
Buy would you pay for a hooker for your mate who’d already said he didn’t want one? And then have to give her away for free?

Venables was great but bent and nearly sent us down with a points deduction.
Pretty sure Sugar "let" those players go rather than actively selling them.

Yeah we were a shit mid table club but that wasn't the business model. We are where we are now by design Steve. Bout time you realised that.
Nah mate, Sugar did actively let those players go

The reason being that the club was in deep shit due to the previous owners mismanagement and us being on the verge of going broke.

Gazza most definitely did not want to leave.

I'll give Sugar credit for saving us from going under, but he most certainly did not have any interest in investing enough money to make us champions.

As I said you can slag off Enic/Levy, god knows there's plenty there, but don't make things up about the previous owners to suit an agenda.

Nah mate, Sugar did actively let those players go

The reason being that the club was in deep shit due to the previous owners mismanagement and us being on the verge of going broke.

Gazza most definitely did not want to leave.

I'll give Sugar credit for saving us from going under, but he most certainly did not have any interest in investing enough money to make us champions.

As I said you can slag off Enic/Levy, god knows there's plenty there, but don't make things up about the previous owners to suit an agenda.
To be clear, I'm not a sugar fanboi. I doubt anyone is.

I don't think his time at the club, even though it directly preceded ENIC is comparable though. Different club, different era, different expectation, different competition.
If you do compare them, then you have to then compare Sugar to Scholar. If you do that, stopping the club going out of business and becoming stable is a decent achievement.
And I maintain this opinion - if we got a 12 point deduction next season. Levy wouldn't break the bank to make sure that 12 points doesn't see us go down. He would unequivocally wait until the January window to see where we are.

To be clear, I'm not a sugar fanboi. I doubt anyone is.

I don't think his time at the club, even though it directly preceded ENIC is comparable though. Different club, different era, different expectation, different competition.
If you do compare them, then you have to then compare Sugar to Scholar. If you do that, stopping the club going out of business and becoming stable is a decent achievement.
And I maintain this opinion - if we got a 12 point deduction next season. Levy wouldn't break the bank to make sure that 12 points doesn't see us go down. He would unequivocally wait until the January window to see where we are.
You'll get no argument from me on that.

But that wasn't your original point ;

Sugar was fucking shit. But if we had an absolute world class coach and we needed 2 or 3 decent players to put the club up with the best 2 teams, he'd have done something.

This is what I'm saying is bollocks.

You'll get no argument from me on that.

But that wasn't your original point ;

This is what I'm saying is bollocks.
Maybe/definitely not in the first half of his time in charge as he had to deal with debts, points deductions etc.
He coughed up £11m for Rebrov though. Also got players like Ferdinand and Ginola from a Newcastle team who were much, much better than us in that era. Suggests to me he must have paid them a wedge.
We did obviously sign a fair few players from lower clubs who weren't great, but we weren't afraid of big names and we often got them.

Maybe/definitely not in the first half of his time in charge as he had to deal with debts, points deductions etc.
He coughed up £11m for Rebrov though. Also got players like Ferdinand and Ginola from a Newcastle team who were much, much better than us in that era. Suggests to me he must have paid them a wedge.
We did obviously sign a fair few players from lower clubs who weren't great, but we weren't afraid of big names and we often got them.
As you said (or someone did 🤷) different times, different finances,
No petrol/russian clubs. Everybody was in the same boat more or less bar Utd.

You'd only turn a blind eye if she looked like Margot Robbie and fucked like a professional.
Daniel Levy looks like Susan Boyle and fucks like..........well, Susan Boyle
gross james van der beek GIF

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom