Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
Because you and Top Spurs are telling us the direct opposite things.

You are saying we have the platform to be competitive. He is telling us that we can't do it against the top and that we won't for years.

So which one is it? Could you possibly coordinate your excuses before you get back to us?

Why do i have to coordinate with anyone - i speak for the situation as i see it.

The post you were responding to from topsur was talking about not being able to compete, long term, if we had stayed at WHL,.

Last season was the only change in a steady downward trajectory. From 16/17 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th. I'd love to say we'll finish 4th again this season but our football is poor and another window has pretty much come and gone without much improvement. More likely 5th/6th. Its then difficult to see how we get back in with Newcastle, Woolwich, Man Utd improving, Chelsea spending like they are and Liverpool wont be bad for long.

We've been quite relient on other clubs failings in getting respectable finishes of late, i mean Solskjaer as manager for 3 years, Arteta learning the ropes but our competitors have sorted themselves out by and large. We need to start to do the same.

Yeah last season was a bit of a perfect storm, Conte was a big ol' shot in the arm, we gained lots of momentum & the January signings massively exceeded expectations. .. plus Woolwich & United totally flatlined late on. You have to give credit to the club for that but the question is 'will we sustain that progress?' and I expect the answer to be no. The signs since aren't good, we look much more likely to drop back to 6th/7th than we do to be a top 4 team in the next 5 years or so.

We've been damn lucky that Liverpool & Chelsea are in the midst of transitions/massively under-performing otherwise the league table would look very ugly. These teams have won CL's and PL's in recent years so their fans will be more patient with the club than we will, rightly. Right now we're closer to Brentford & Brighton than we are the top four, and we're spending like a team who feel comfortable and can take their time.

I think it's a good idea to periodically remind ourselves exactly what our owners are all about, guys.

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr

I live for the day when these cunts get out of our club and a rich arab or American takes the club and gives it the respect our long suffering supporters deserve

Why do i have to coordinate with anyone - i speak for the situation as i see it.

The post you were responding to from topsur was talking about not being able to compete, long term, if we had stayed at WHL,.

He said specifically that now, all the sudden, for reasons baffling to most people,it will be "another few years" before we are able to "compete".

So which one is it then?

He said specifically that now, all the sudden, for reasons baffling to most people,it will be "another few years" before we are able to "compete".

So which one is it then?
Of course it’s going to take years. The stadium wasn’t built to win us the title the season after it opened. It was built with a longer term strategy in place. Hopefully allowing us to compete with the other top clubs.

Surely you know this and are just being awkward for the sake of it?

Yeah last season was a bit of a perfect storm, Conte was a big ol' shot in the arm, we gained lots of momentum & the January signings massively exceeded expectations. .. plus Woolwich & United totally flatlined late on. You have to give credit to the club for that but the question is 'will we sustain that progress?' and I expect the answer to be no. The signs since aren't good, we look much more likely to drop back to 6th/7th than we do to be a top 4 team in the next 5 years or so.

We've been damn lucky that Liverpool & Chelsea are in the midst of transitions/massively under-performing otherwise the league table would look very ugly. These teams have won CL's and PL's in recent years so their fans will be more patient with the club than we will, rightly. Right now we're closer to Brentford & Brighton than we are the top four, and we're spending like a team who feel comfortable and can take their time.

We have also been lucky, that Newcastle is the only other club being gobbled up by wealthy investors.

Things could be very different if e.g. West Ham and Aston Villa had went the same way.

Of course it’s going to take years. The stadium wasn’t built to win us the title the season after it opened. It was built with a longer term strategy in place. Hopefully allowing us to compete with the other top clubs.

Surely you know this and are just being awkward for the sake of it?

Odd, because that isn't what ENIC nor the sycophants have been saying for years.

- Wait for the CL quals
- Wait for the training ground to be done
- Wait for the stadium project to print us money

But sure, out of interest, let's go with your presumption, then. For how many - more - years will it take before all these things make us able to "compete", then?

Odd, because that isn't what ENIC nor the sycophants have been saying for years.

- Wait for the CL quals
- Wait for the training ground to be done
- Wait for the stadium project to print us money

But sure, out of interest, let's go with your presumption, then. For how many - more - years will it take before all these things make us able to "compete", then?
It’s not odd. It’s obvious that an investment like the ground isn’t going to start shitting hundreds of millions of profit on the day it opens. I’m struggling to believe you don’t know this and really do suspect you of just being awkward to suit your agenda of ENIC out. Surely you are an adult who works in the real world and understands that success and ROI doesn’t happen overnight?

As for how long will it take? How the fuck should I know? We don’t operate in a vacuum. There are numerous factors outwith our control that would have to be taken into account. Again, I know you know this. I’d suggest that our present position, a few points off top four, in the next round of the CL, top manager, top players, etc, all point towards us competing anyway.

It’s not odd. It’s obvious that an investment like the ground isn’t going to start shitting hundreds of millions of profit on the day it opens. I’m struggling to believe you don’t know this and really do suspect you of just being awkward to suit your agenda of ENIC out. Surely you are an adult who works in the real world and understands that success and ROI doesn’t happen overnight?

As for how long will it take? How the fuck should I know? We don’t operate in a vacuum. There are numerous factors outwith our control that would have to be taken into account. Again, I know you know this. I’d suggest that our present position, a few points off top four, in the next round of the CL, top manager, top players, etc, all point towards us competing anyway.

It's odd you are associating those beliefs to me, since those are the arguments used by ENIC and the sycophants for the investments - not me.

It's very telling for the level of debate, though, that first you question both my maturity and my professional understanding of football, after which you dramatically refuse to know anything about it yourself.

But point taken. You don't know when we will be competitive but it will take years, appearently, yet you still arguing that perhaps we are really competitive already? Ironically, it probably summons up the pro-ENIC segment brilliantly.

The factors you’ve mentioned are absent context like the team in fourth having a game in hand, us getting the easiest CL group in history, and the top manager we have almost certainly walking away in the summer.

So, it’s all about perspective. Our position right now isn’t stable and I’d wager we won’t progress in the manner you think we will via the new stadium funds. All we can really do with that is wait a few years and see, right?

It's odd you are associating those beliefs to me, since those are the arguments used by ENIC and the sycophants for the investments.

It's very telling for the level of debate, though, that first you question both my maturity and my professional understanding of football, after which you dramatically refuse to know anything about it yourself.

But point taken. You don't know when we will be competitive but it will take years, appearently, yet you still argue that perhaps we are really competitive already? Ironically, it probably summons up the pro-ENIC segment brilliantly.
Depends on your idea of “competitive” I suppose.

If you mean close to or winning titles, it’ll take time. If you mean top four and cup runs, aye we are competitive now.

7th the season before and 6th the season before that and looking far more likely to have another season in that range than we are to finish top 4 this season.
I notice how as soon as I mention finishing 4th it's changed to a negative and you only seem to remember the seasons where we didn't do as good.

7th wasn't a great finish but considering that was the lowest we had finished in how many years?

Depends on your idea of “competitive” I suppose.

If you mean close to or winning titles, it’ll take time. If you mean top four and cup runs, aye we are competitive now.

Again you are projecting things onto me.

*I* don't specify competitive.

ENIC specified it, and priced it accordingly. For 2 decades now.

I notice how as soon as I mention finishing 4th it's changed to a negative and you only seem to remember the seasons where we didn't do as good.

7th wasn't a great finish but considering that was the lowest we had finished in how many years?

I mentioned the two seasons directly following last & the current season. Seems pretty relevant to me.

Last season was good but it wasn’t a blueprint for sustained success. If you feel differently that’s fine, but I expect to be proven correct within enough time .. possibly before the season is even finished.

So which one is it then?
I said one sentence about using the stadium as a means to compete long term. Yet you make a mountain out of mole hill out of it. Think you're just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing.

Back
Top Bottom