League Cup - The Dawson Derby, The Andy Reid Looking In A Fridge For The Last Pork Pie Parade, Conte's 45 Minute Wonders. ON WEDNESDAY AT 19:45!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've done a lot to help Liverpool look good these past two weeks.
They play a lot of youngsters as well and somehow managed to stay in the comp. However we played a strong experienced 11 and could hardly muster a shot v bottom of league side with 9 changes, what motivational powers does conte have?

Well it seems Conte goes from risk averse (except the way we drop deep is fucking risky) to going all guns blazing and leaving gaps everywhere and still not playing quality football just hoofball
He doesn’t know how to and hasn’t coached our squad to play football with the ball. When he made those subs it was basically just throwing all the cards in the air and hoping for the best. There was no structure or idea of the team would play or set up.
He don’t give a fuck I reckon. To be done by copper with a second string!

He was bright, but you can see why he's not meshing with Conte yet.... He created as much chaos for us as he did the oppo........... He's all over the shop and just rendered Kulu a baffled bystander.
I think you could see he was nervous. There were times I think he wanted to run at them and then changed his mind and went backwards

He's so tired Conte is saying he's pulling out of training sessions. World Cup round the corner so there's zero chance he's going to go for it in a league cup game.

It's not ideal but you deal with it and go strikerless for a league cup game. Try to dominate the ball and hope someone comes up with something, it's a better plan than whipping our only goalscorer to the point of exhaustion in a mid-week league cup game that we lost anyway.
It felt like so a half arsed idea of a line up. Kane tired? Don’t play him then. Not going for the win? Then start Spence, Gil, Sarr, Devine etc.

I don't know where we go from here tbh.
If we put a totally changed side out I would give a rats arse tbh.
But that was a side with quite a few so called first teamers.

I still think keeping Conte is best for the club but I don't believe he (or anyone) can get a tune out of a lot of these players.
This team is, apart from a few players, bang fucking average on a good day and disastrously bad on a bad day.

If these players hadn't been letting down coaches since 2018 (and earlier) then I'd say it's Conte, but they have and they cannot be allowed to force another coach out.

Just woke up at my hotel on La Reunion. Tried to check the result in the middle of the night but Wi-Fi was down. Did I miss anything? :contefacepalm2:

Blatant I’m on holiday and I can speak a bit of French post.
Go and ask some people this to enjoy your day! Thank me later.

“Bonjour! Ou est la plage nudiste??”

And our transfers in the summer were not cheap and most were happy with the window. Now this turgid shit.
Many were just happy that we were signing players for once. Many were concerned that the calibre of player being signed lacked technic and creativity. Surprisingly the overpayment for Richy who we all like but has offered so little, the Brighton midfielder just another holding player and the poor punts.
The summer window has been a disaster as the team has gone backwards since the end of the last season.
We should look at players like Madison to raise our game but it never happens.

good things of the match:
spence is alive
forster is a good second gk
richarlison, kulu are fit again (just in time for the world cup...)
bad things of the match:
doherty looked like emerson royal
sessegnon: no words
sanchez: embarassing player

Beer cups that fill from the bottom up.

We are living in the future today!!! Unbelievable times!!!!
That's probably the reason fans always argue with eachother. Half a pissed and half are sober. At that stage they're not watching the same thing.
I actually think the drunkest fans are the ones who take the least in and then patch together an opinion from fragments

I'm conflicted. I truly think we're better off out of this competition, this year - but on the other hand, what a fucking shambles!

If these players hadn't been letting down coaches since 2018 (and earlier) then I'd say it's Conte, but they have and they cannot be allowed to force another coach out.
I don’t know why people keep saying things like this.

Most of the players out there last night haven’t been with us since 2018.

People keep saying it’s the same players letting coach after coach down - in fact, there has been some continuity but also quite a big turnover of playing staff.

That's probably the reason fans always argue with eachother. Half a pissed and half are sober. At that stage they're not watching the same thing.
I actually think the drunkest fans are the ones who take the least in and then patch together an opinion from fragments

Add some Bolivian matching powder into the mix and you have a lot of very opinionated people with no idea what is going on

Back
Top Bottom