League Cup - The Dawson Derby, The Andy Reid Looking In A Fridge For The Last Pork Pie Parade, Conte's 45 Minute Wonders. ON WEDNESDAY AT 19:45!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's completely insane. We were at least holding level until he started doing his forward runs, inexplicably hanging out at the top of the box as a second striker and calling for the ball! I mean honestly- what the hell is the point of playing a back three if your CCB is running forward to provide an extra target in the box?

I really have no idea why Conte would possibly sanction this. It seems like incredibly stupid tactics, yet Dier gets game, after game, after game...
Well it seems Conte goes from risk averse (except the way we drop deep is fucking risky) to going all guns blazing and leaving gaps everywhere and still not playing quality football just hoofball

If it wasn't for this competition we'd have nothing at all to show for the last 30 years. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

Who are we to look down on it?

Disagree, nothing to show for it is not true.

Pochettino regularly qualifying for the CL on a shoestring budget enabled us to help fund the best stadium in Europe.

Fans might not like it, but qualifying for the CL is more important than winning the Carabao Cup or FA Cup. Football has moved on from the 70s and 80s.

Never like to lose... But, honestly, tonight's loss.. no Biggie.. plus's? decent from bissouma... Would like to see him run at defenders a little more, if he wanta to 'step up' he needs to be adding goals and assists. And thought Spence looked ok.. a little sloppy with his passing sometimes.. but a decent enuf 20ish mins from him and fraser, after a decidedly dodgy opening spell Seemed to settle in and performed well.. the rest.... Bulk average at best... And overall thought we were lucky to get away with only losing by 2..
No Biggie he says

This club have won two trophies in 24 years , both league cups btw

Last time we won a trophy that wasn't the League cup was over 30 years ago

I will never understand this fanbase

Pochettino regularly qualifying for the CL on a shoestring budget enabled us to help fund the best stadium in Europe.

Fans might not like it, but qualifying for the CL is more important than winning the Carabao Cup or FA Cup. Football has moved on from the 70s and 80s.
If that's true then fuck the league and let's resurrect the superleague if the only thing that matters is qualifying for the CL for its own sake is the only objective.

Going into this match, I predicted a boring, lazy affair, simply because it's an early-round LC game right before a World Cup. Gotta be hard to get most of the Spurs first-team players hyped up for this. Even if only subconsciously, a lot of them are going to be thinking about their stamina and fitness for the WC. Forest didn't have that problem, have a much weaker squad, and even played a weak XI. So, for Spurs, playing the second team, of whom none would be going to the WC, would've been a better shout (especially instead of the sort of half measures Conte chose).

But the game was disappointingly boring and lazy even with my low expectations. I'm not sure what the plan was.. Hope that the superiority of Spurs' first XI would overpower Forest despite a defensive setup and all of the aforementioned problems? Kane's been clearly in need of a rest for weeks and if Conte won't rest him tonight, when will he? We saw how taking him off made absolutely no difference, for better or worse, so evidently he wasn't capable of running the game in his current state (nor could his replacement do better with the same setup and backbone). A Kane substitution when the team isn't winning comfortably is a collector's item and the implication is obviously that he should've been rested from the start.

(Although it's only an extension of the same thing we've seen for most of the season: the rest of the team struggling to get the ball into Kane and Son. And not for lack of trying on their part. I see Kane making runs and signalling for the ball all the time and with a feasible lane open, but nobody's sufficiently brave, adventurous, and confident in their ability to try the pass to set him away. It's much the same with Son, who also suffers tremendously from Kane not getting enough of the ball.)

Last edited:
I guess no home cup ties opens up the possibility of an extra non football event at the sports and entertainment complex?

Silver linings and all that
Yes apparently Levy is trying to sign up Jedward for a concert who are making a comeback. Will make a change for the stadium to have only a couple of jokers performing on the pitch instead of the usual 11!

Yeah but you can qualify for CL AND win this poxy cup

God that was awful - stronger starting XI that I was expecting but we can’t keep in with this boring passive shite - the team look lost - play like that on Saturday and whatever the result I’ll be Conte out!

No Biggie he says

This club have won two trophies in 24 years , both league cups btw

Last time we won a trophy that wasn't the League cup was over 30 years ago

I will never understand this fanbase
But the food at the stadium though, and the beer that fills from the bottom wowzors!

And those glory glory NFL nights.

Fury v Chisora

Guns N Roses

Isn't the corporate cock up your arse wonderful?

Maybe if we stopped wasting half of our lineup every week on average defenders who seemingly want to give away goals, we might be a bit better. Go to a back 4 once in a while ffs
Even today he brings on Gil kulu and rich but leaves 3 CBs on so we only have bent and Biss in cm. Got over run a bit. We didn’t need 5 defenders in the first place not to mention the in midfield with no creativity in any. Skipp playing right side as well!

No.
This fucking braindead fanbase deserve it. Bring it back and let this club slide back into midtable mediocrity with mighty Poch in charge, the one true love.
What’s with the blanket abuse of your fellow Spurs fans? You are clearly a Conte fan. What is it that you think he is doing so well at the moment that puts him above criticism?

I’m gonna say it…

I’m miss peak Poch footballer. Free flowing, attacking fullbacks, slick passing and goals for fun.

Not saying I want Poch back, I would however if Conte went, I just want to enjoy my football viewing again.
Nah fuck off, I'll take 8 at the back any day, all it needs is a few more £60m players to be effective...

Back
Top Bottom