League Cup - The Dawson Derby, The Andy Reid Looking In A Fridge For The Last Pork Pie Parade, Conte's 45 Minute Wonders. ON WEDNESDAY AT 19:45!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched the whole of this match and thought that it summed up all of our problems in 90 minutes. Spence, when he came on looked like what I want from a Spurs player. Skipp looks hungry, but needs to be played further forward, as a link up. I don’t know who we could get that would do a better job than Conte, but, for the love of the sweet baby Jesus can we find out who it might be, because we have a squad of incredible individual players, but no identity. I have loved this team from the minute that I knew what football was, through thick and thin, but I can’t think of a time when we had such an outstanding team and played such appalling football. Conte, bless him, is too stubborn to bring us the glory that this team deserves.

Much as I would have loved to compete on all fronts until the bitter end, this year is fucking awful year to try that, especially with such a thin squad. Conte knows that and I think he threw this game under the bus. We, on paper, looked like we tried, but we didn't.

I turned the game off around the hour because 1) I knew, I FUCKING KNEW, we were going to lose it well before it started and it was hard being right and 2) Seeing those newly-minted smug cunts think they're fucking great because we are shit is miserable fare. Bastards.

If we fail against Leeds, then I will properly melt. But, realistically that will be because most of our team are off to the WC and won't want to fuck it up, so I'm kind of expecting them to.

I think it's a real testament to how they think of Conte, this next game. If they don't even turn up for the second half then they've checked out and they can fuck themselves. I think Bents and Pierre will turn up.
We don't need to compete on all fronts. It is too early to pick and choose. It makes no sense to have decided now we could bin this off. It is the easiest to win, especially now given the draw. We then might have decided later not to care about the fa cup especially in the early rounds or bin it for this season because we are further in the other domestic cup comp for example. I know the money men might say different but focusing on league cup plus top 4 was the first two priorities for me. given we arent winning the prem or UCL realistically. Great chance to win something pissed away. fuck the world cup. kane is fine. it will affect everyone. should one in with the strongest team

We don't need to compete on all fronts. It is too early to pick and choose. It makes no sense to have decided now we could bin this off. It is the easiest to win, especially now given the draw. We then might have decided later not to care about the fa cup especially in the early rounds or bin it for this season because we are further in the other domestic cup comp for example. I know the money men might say different but focusing on league cup plus top 4 was the first two priorities for me. given we arent winning the prem or UCL realistically. Great chance to win something pissed away. fuck the world cup. kane is fine. it will affect everyone. should one in with the strongest team

Unless the domestic cups mean fuck all to one, then it's a dichotomy.

There is no tidy little answer to what you're talking about other than to take each game as it comes; rotate according to your medical/conditioning team's advice along the way and see where it takes you come the business end of the season....... And by saying this; it seems like you concur to this thinking:

"It is too early to pick and choose."

Yet:

"league cup plus top 4 was the first two priorities for me"

.....To whatever extent you are picking and choosing too.

"I know the money men might say different but focusing on league cup plus top 4 was the first two priorities for me. given we arent winning the prem or UCL realistically."

If you're happy to ignore the money men, then why strive to finish top 4 if only to de-prioritise the CL once you're in it?

.......Why not go all out for the LC and FACup for instance?

I think conte made a choice between carabao and epl/CL and chose against carabao. I can’t argue vehemently against that. But I broadly agree with what you are saying. Frankly, I don’t like the idea of prioritising a lesser ‘more winnable’ cup, but I do get it.

Back
Top Bottom