League Cup - The Dawson Derby, The Andy Reid Looking In A Fridge For The Last Pork Pie Parade, Conte's 45 Minute Wonders. ON WEDNESDAY AT 19:45!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched this having not seen it all last night. Sanchez needs binning. Lenglet very mid, wouldn't be making him permanent on what I've seen. Dier probably the best of back three. Need two new starting cb's.

Sess and Doherty useless outside of one good Doherty shot. Offering us very little at the moment. Skipp was poor, not going to get many minutes for us this season, think I'd loan him out. Bissouma was our best player. Hojbjerg meh, but has been run into the ground this season. Ditto Kane. Perisic out of position, hard to judge.

We were awful last night.
Only upped the tempo when some of the subs came on,still wasn't good though. One highlight for me was Forster. A half decent keeper on the bench is a plus.
But the rest?
It's almost like the club didn't want to progress in this tournament...
Jason’s in-depth analysis on Last Word on Spurs just about sums this game up:

Just watched this having not seen it all last night. Sanchez needs binning. Lenglet very mid, wouldn't be making him permanent on what I've seen. Dier probably the best of back three. Need two new starting cb's.

Sess and Doherty useless outside of one good Doherty shot. Offering us very little at the moment. Skipp was poor, not going to get many minutes for us this season, think I'd loan him out. Bissouma was our best player. Hojbjerg meh, but has been run into the ground this season. Ditto Kane. Perisic out of position, hard to judge.
Skipp is one of the best holding midfielders in the prem to play him on the right is a waste of his talents and I am seriously beginning to question conte for playing him out there - he looks useless not his fault though

he's taken a fair few financial hits already still paying the wages of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon, Winks etc
He needs to be realistic about their selling price or he's going to keep paying them until their contracts are up....bite the bullet so we can move on....

Last edited:
We can continue that this weekend by getting battered by Leeds too, proving that losing to them wasn't entirely shameful for Liverpool...

Obviously the defeat was bad, but they were 2-0 up with 15 minutes to play by the time they went a man down, there's no need for this tweet to exaggerate, the reality is bad enough!
We must beat a team with an American coach, surely...! That would too embarrassing for words....

Ich denke, Sie werden viel glücklicher sein, die Eintracht zu unterstützen
That alone doesn't work anymore, spaniel.
Yesterday we sent Hoffenheim home 4-2 and Hoffenheim could be happy that there weren't 7 or 8 goals against them.

What is happening?
I'm thinking about the loss of Tottenham and what the hell happened that after a perfect second half against Liverpool you play like you've got nothing in your cupboard!

It's nice when Eintracht Frankfurt wins, but in the meantime THFC's success must also come into play, otherwise it's not really fun.

Absolutely stupid to have pissed this game away. Total lack of desire from management down to the players on this game. Fuck the world cup, why should we care about that? Probably the only realistic chance to win something and we've binned it off. Taking kane off when we've just gone 2 down too.
Much as I would have loved to compete on all fronts until the bitter end, this year is fucking awful year to try that, especially with such a thin squad. Conte knows that and I think he threw this game under the bus. We, on paper, looked like we tried, but we didn't.

I turned the game off around the hour because 1) I knew, I FUCKING KNEW, we were going to lose it well before it started and it was hard being right and 2) Seeing those newly-minted smug cunts think they're fucking great because we are shit is miserable fare. Bastards.

If we fail against Leeds, then I will properly melt. But, realistically that will be because most of our team are off to the WC and won't want to fuck it up, so I'm kind of expecting them to.

I think it's a real testament to how they think of Conte, this next game. If they don't even turn up for the second half then they've checked out and they can fuck themselves. I think Bents and Pierre will turn up.

Squad needs 300M pumped into it.

Dier, all the wingbacks, no creative midfielder, CB, another winger/attacker

The squad isnt there at all and Contes playing on bare minimum
I thought we had a squad that is easily top 4? Pundits all say we that and all the fans thought we had a great transfer window. How many players have we bought in last 3 windows. I’d say say we have splinter money on most average players who have not improved our starting 11. How many get excited by watching richarlison starting or coming on. Not exactly a player to get you really looking forward to watching him. Plus contes reluctance to play some as well completely ignoring any of our youth players. How about trying Sarr , white, etc. we may as well scrap the youth setup as conte is even less interested in them than jose.

Many were just happy that we were signing players for once. Many were concerned that the calibre of player being signed lacked technic and creativity. Surprisingly the overpayment for Richy who we all like but has offered so little, the Brighton midfielder just another holding player and the poor punts.
The summer window has been a disaster as the team has gone backwards since the end of the last season.
We should look at players like Madison to raise our game but it never happens.
Think a lot of that is down to conte and pat on the type of players they want. We never looked like going fir Maddison, ericksen or raphina. They went for hard working richarlisin plays all front 3 positions who now everyone says cannot play from the right. I really believe if we spent £60M for him we should spent that on Maddison. We’d never get him for that amount now especially if has a decent WC. Conte I assume wanted perri which on free made sense and he is actually good. However they wanted rid of reg, Rodon who never got a game and even jasphet. Are we now say those 3 are that much worse than the donkeys who currently play? They are all young and could do a job. Conte has hardly played jasphet. His not been injured for ages. Romero gets to injured whenever he chooses. It’s not just money but how it’s spent and then what you with the players.

Playing a medically fatigued Kane for this was absurd. It seems like Conte it making a statement rather than trying to make the best of it.
He always dies his got previous. Fucking joke always makes out it’s someone else’s fault abd he can’t do anything about. How about rotating more, make better use of subs especially if we are winning, give players a chance, stop playing donkeys, introduce some youth players and finally actual coach the team to play something that passes for professional football you’d expect from players who cost millions and who earn millions. Oh also how about actually justifying your £15/20M salary rather than just throw your arms in the air.

Do not be silly. But the problem we have at the end of the 18/19 season we had Toby and Verts as our cbs both in their 30s both lost a step. Now we have Dier in our team week in week out. The fact is Spurs have failed miserably when it comes to reinforcing our back line.

Lloris as much as I love him and the ten years he has played for us, now plays a lot deeper as keeper. Our Centre Backs are not good enough and we have not done a good enough job replacing the two top class Centre Backs we used to have.

Poch, Jose and Conte are top quality managers but if you give them one of the worst back lines in the league they are all going to fail.

How is Sanchez still at the club when he makes mistake after mistake.
Don’t play as many of them as you can in a dinasour sustem of football.

Skipp is one of the best holding midfielders in the prem to play him on the right is a waste of his talents and I am seriously beginning to question conte for playing him out there - he looks useless not his fault though
Yeah said that before as well. His played that role now in a few games. I just don’t get it. Conte played skipp cm last season so knows what he can do. His certainly not a right side almost attacking midfiekder. Conte has basically sent him out to fail there!

Back
Top Bottom