League Cup - The Dawson Derby, The Andy Reid Looking In A Fridge For The Last Pork Pie Parade, Conte's 45 Minute Wonders. ON WEDNESDAY AT 19:45!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...because I'm so stupid and believe in the team!

COYS!
sadly at the moment - the team seems to be suffering an identity crisis - and seems really low on the confidence to believe in themselves.
We all know that we would prefer upgrades in defence and the midfield, but the immediate requirement is to get the team to fire on all cylinders

Football was shite but it was a good day general. Great turn out and met some people I haven’t seen for a while.
Forest really are a cringe muggy set of fans., very similar to Leicester but without the plastic clappers.
They sing mull of kintyre, was expecting them to follow it with a rendition of Jingle bells. They still do that embarrassing bollocks when a keeper runs up to take a goal kick, that was pathetic in the 70’s. Definitely a lower league mentality.

There were lots of players that need to take a good look at themselves this morning. Many couldn’t be arsed, it’s clear to see that their focus is on the World Cup which is unacceptable as they are paid handsome wages by the club not their country.
I have no idea what England are expecting from Harry Kane as he is fucked, he was barely jogging last night.
It beggars belief that our FA thought it was a good idea to make our teams play 9 games in a month on the lead up to a World Cup. The players are already on empty.
This is going to be a long silly season with injuries galore.

Football was shite but it was a good day general. Great turn out and met some people I haven’t seen for a while.
Forest really are a cringe muggy set of fans., very similar to Leicester but without the plastic clappers.
They sing mull of kintyre, was expecting them to follow it with a rendition of Jingle bells. They still do that embarrassing bollocks when a keeper runs up to take a goal kick, that was pathetic in the 70’s. Definitely a lower league mentality.

There were lots of players that need to take a good look at themselves this morning. Many couldn’t be arsed, it’s clear to see that their focus is on the World Cup which is unacceptable as they are paid handsome wages by the club not their country.
I have no idea what England are expecting from Harry Kane as he is fucked, he was barely jogging last night.
It beggars belief that our FA thought it was a good idea to make our teams play 9 games in a month on the lead up to a World Cup. The players are already on empty.
This is going to be a long silly season with injuries galore.

Not sure there's anywhere else where you could fit these matches, FA Cup starts in Jan and then EL and CL commences in Feb, can't blame the FA on this one I'm afraid - fingers just need to be pointed at FIFA.

I don’t know why people keep saying things like this.

Most of the players out there last night haven’t been with us since 2018.

People keep saying it’s the same players letting coach after coach down - in fact, there has been some continuity but also quite a big turnover of playing staff.

Dier (2014)
Sanchez (2017)
Kane (beginning of time)

Just outside of 2018
Sessegnon - 2019 (all 4 coaches still)

Bench
Lloris 2012
Tanganga (beginning of time)

That's just from last nights match day squad. For this season Son has been bad, Davies has barely been mediocre, Moura is not a viable option,

There's far too much shit in this squad still. Can't depend on them. Can't drop them in when needed. Definitely can't use them as starting 11 players.

There's still Winks, TND and GLC on loan as well lets not forget. They could, scarily, come back.

We've done a lot to help Liverpool look good these past two weeks.
We can continue that this weekend by getting battered by Leeds too, proving that losing to them wasn't entirely shameful for Liverpool...

Obviously the defeat was bad, but they were 2-0 up with 15 minutes to play by the time they went a man down, there's no need for this tweet to exaggerate, the reality is bad enough!

I know that I shouldn't think this but thank goodness that I didn't have enough points for this game and saved myself a painful journey home. Instead I went out for a lovely meal with my cousin for her birthday.
I didn't know who the team was until after the game and was surprised that it wasn't filled with youngsters, which would have made the result a little more palatable.
Anyway, in a way, if we're not going to win the thing, I'd rather we go out at the first hurdle. If Conte is not going to fully rotate, then I'd rather we saved our energies for the rest of the campaign.
Kudos to the supporters who endured that performance, it's extra tough when you feel the players aren't performing to their best.

It's Levy's responsibility. He simply won't take the financial hit. It's going to be the same with Emerson and sess...if all he thinks about is balancing the books, things will never change. And with his extra curricular music and boxing activities and NFL thugs running riot on our sacred ground, he's laughing all the way to the bank....
he's taken a fair few financial hits already still paying the wages of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon, Winks etc

Dier (2014)
Sanchez (2017)
Kane (beginning of time)

Just outside of 2018
Sessegnon - 2019 (all 4 coaches still)

Bench
Lloris 2012
Tanganga (beginning of time)

That's just from last nights match day squad. For this season Son has been bad, Davies has barely been mediocre, Moura is not a viable option,

There's far too much shit in this squad still. Can't depend on them. Can't drop them in when needed. Definitely can't use them as starting 11 players.

There's still Winks, TND and GLC on loan as well lets not forget. They could, scarily, come back.
Do not be silly. But the problem we have at the end of the 18/19 season we had Toby and Verts as our cbs both in their 30s both lost a step. Now we have Dier in our team week in week out. The fact is Spurs have failed miserably when it comes to reinforcing our back line.

Lloris as much as I love him and the ten years he has played for us, now plays a lot deeper as keeper. Our Centre Backs are not good enough and we have not done a good enough job replacing the two top class Centre Backs we used to have.

Poch, Jose and Conte are top quality managers but if you give them one of the worst back lines in the league they are all going to fail.

How is Sanchez still at the club when he makes mistake after mistake.

We were awful last night.
Only upped the tempo when some of the subs came on,still wasn't good though. One highlight for me was Forster. A half decent keeper on the bench is a plus.
But the rest?
It's almost like the club didn't want to progress in this tournament...

Do not be silly. But the problem we have at the end of the 18/19 season we had Toby and Verts as our cbs both in their 30s both lost a step. Now we have Dier in our team week in week out. The fact is Spurs have failed miserably when it comes to reinforcing our back line.

Lloris as much as I love him and the ten years he has played for us, now plays a lot deeper as keeper. Our Centre Backs are not good enough and we have not done a good enough job replacing the two top class Centre Backs we used to have.

Poch, Jose and Conte are top quality managers but if you give them one of the worst back lines in the league they are all going to fail.

How is Sanchez still at the club when he makes mistake after mistake.
Not sure why your first 4 words were "do not be silly" then basically followed up with agreement.
Was it because I included Kane and Son?
Son has been as much use as a wet fart this season. I'm desperately clinging to the hope it's FOMO for the world cup and he comes back like last season.
Kane is steadily scoring still, granted, but it feels like he's becoming a fair bit less influential than he once was. He could run a game on his own but lately feels like other than scoring he's not doing much.

Back
Top Bottom