Would you swap top 4 for a trophy?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we need to win a trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it's the CL cup I'm fine not making top 4. Else we bloody better make top 4 if we want to attract the players that will help us win the whole lot at some point.

I said no because we are seeing what getting the CL means a far as getting top players in. That combined with the additional revenue makes it likely that a team will stay in the top 4 , continue to get good players and then win a trophy as a result. So I’d rather build a perennial top 4 that will likely have a chance at a trophy every year than have a one off trophy season.

There are two trophies - CL and PL. the other two don’t really matter that much to me unless we fuck up Goons or Chelsea in the final.

Sorry

No. Dropping out of the top four puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to attracting/affording top players.

Plus I hate playing in the Europe League/Europa Conference more than I'm desperate for a trophy (I'm a Spurs fan, I don't expect us to win trophies lol)

As bizarre as this sounds, for me, it's all about the experience of the individual matches. I'd rather play amazing entertaining football and get knocked out in the semi final, than play dull football, and win it.

Sue me.

That is the point. Until we win a major trophy, we will continue to get mocked. We need to get that record off our backs. I suspect it will take more than 1 trophy to stop the record being quoted.
Oh, I agree. We need to start winning trophies, not just for us fans but for the players themselves. I was saying a thread asking if trophies were important was embarrassing. It’s such a small time thing to say. I understand sometimes you can be unlucky in the cups, but for fans to say they don’t matter is a joke.

Not at this particular moment because we're still trying to build something for the long term. We need to revamp our brand/image and make the club an attractive destination for top players. That said, it's crucial that we finish top 4 and make the CL over the next couple seasons. Then at some point, the trophies must come at all costs.

I know its not the question but we need both so that we are seen as a serious option for top players .Only finishing fourth and never really competing for the biggest prizes will hurt as would winning a cup but finishing maybe top six would also deter top players .

Oh, I agree. We need to start winning trophies, not just for us fans but for the players themselves. I was saying a thread asking if trophies were important was embarrassing. It’s such a small time thing to say. I understand sometimes you can be unlucky in the cups, but for fans to say they don’t matter is a joke.
It’s not the cups don’t matter, it’s the fact they are now so far behind CL/PL. does anyone watch either domestic final if we aren’t playing?

Might switch in if Goons play City to see them lose, that’s it

Not for a league cup but fa Cup for me I'd absolutely trade it. I've seen enough top 4 finishes it's time to lift some decent silverware so we stop getting beaten with the trophyless stick.

I said no because we are seeing what getting the CL means a far as getting top players in. That combined with the additional revenue makes it likely that a team will stay in the top 4 , continue to get good players and then win a trophy as a result. So I’d rather build a perennial top 4 that will likely have a chance at a trophy every year than have a one off trophy season.

I can't actually believe that people still think a shitty league cup is a bigger deal for the club than playing in the CL. And even more un-believable that they'd actually give up CL football for it.

Top 4 has to be the minimum requirement. Any cup wins have to be classed as an additional bonus.

Yes but not at the expense of finishing below the top 5, and probably been said and not looked at the other responses but winning the CL means back in it.

FA Cup would be great. League cup less so but still.

If we won the other trophy the question is moot, so we are only talking the domestic cups in truth..

Yes, not winning one doesn't make following the side over the course of a season pointless or anything, but winning one is pretty much the peak level of elation you will get from supporting the team (up there with announcing a signing for some!).
How come you voted, 'No' we don't need a trophy, then? I don't get it.

No I want us cementing that top 4 spot over the coming years, obviously we can do this and win a trophy, no need to pick one over the other

Back
Top Bottom