Would you swap top 4 for a trophy?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we need to win a trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spurs hasn't won a trophy since 2008, although the club has made forward strides in the league and cups but failed to register a silverware.
We had memorable matches at home and away in the league and champions league, finished top 4 on seven occasions recently, reached CL final. Enic built state of the art stadium. Some success has been made on and off the pitch but nothing to show for.
What do the owners want to achieve? Is financial success sufficient? Is top 4 enough? Do we need to start winning trophies?
It feels bad when compared to our rivals, Spurs has won fcuk all for 14 seasons.
We have Conte now, the club has spent money in this 2022 summer transfer window, current owners won't spend more or such in coming windows. Our top players in Kane, Lloris and Son are at their peak. It feels like we will never win a trophy if we don't win one this season. We can't have more excuses for the dusty cabinet.

Bottom half PL fans don't expect to win trophies, their main target is PL survivor. Spurs are top 4 club without a trophy for 14 seasons, hence the poll.

Last edited:
Yes, not winning one doesn't make following the side over the course of a season pointless or anything, but winning one is pretty much the peak level of elation you will get from supporting the team (up there with announcing a signing for some!).

Would fans of any of the rest of the 'top six' make this thread?

Ask Harry Kane if they matter. I bet he'd pretty much sell his soul for a half decent one.

It's not a break season but it would be disappointing if we didn't win one, fortunately we will one this season.

Sacha Baron Cohen Yes GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Spurs hasn't won a trophy since 2008, although the club has made forward strides in the league and cups but failed to register a silverware.
We had memorable matches at home and away in the league and champions league, finished top 4 on seven occasions recently, reached CL final. Enic built state of the art stadium. Some success has been made on and off the pitch but nothing to show for.
What do the owners want to achieve? Is financial success sufficient? Is top 4 enough? Do we need to start winning trophies?
It feels bad when compared to our rivals, Spurs has won fcuk all for 14 seasons.
We have Conte now, the club has spent money in this 2022 summer transfer window, current owners won't spend more or such in coming windows. Our top players in Kane, Lloris and Son are at their peak. It feels like we will never win a trophy if we don't win one this season. We can't have more excuses for the dusty cabinet.
Wrong we won the Audi cup in 2019, massive achievement.

Most improved trophy
4th place trophy
Best stadium trophy
42 lap trophy

They may not be metal, but we've won them all. Get in!

Teams in the bottom half of the table don't expect to win trophies, main aim for them is PL status.

Spurs is different, we are top 4 club. Hence the question.

Yes of course they matter. It's why games like Ajax away lose a bit of their meaning after the CL final result. When we beat the goons at Wembley in 91 SF, it wouldn't have had the same "enjoyment value" if we had lost to Forest in the final.
Also, it's a constant stick our rival fans continue to beat us with, whenever we make a signing, or share any other good news.
I will be disappointed if we don't capture at least a domestic cup this season, if only to get that monkey off our backs and build up the self belief of the team that they are winners.

Yes of course they matter.

I will be disappointed if we don't capture at least a domestic cup this season, if only to get that monkey off our backs and build up the self belief of the team that they are winners.
Then vote to the poll above.

You still owe Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and me drinks from 2019/20 season and with interest.

Edit: Sorry you have voted, my bad.

Last edited:
Yes. As a kid, I will never forget watching spurs winning 2 FA & 1 UEFA cups in the early 80's, which cemented my love for the club.

It was at a time, it seemed like the whole world supported Liverpool. But we were massive and one of the big 4 back then. And it felt so fucking good to be respected, as we were capable of winning numerous trophies. Don't forget we had won the most FA cups in history back then.

Spurs have one big monkey on their back at the moment, and that's the lack of recent silverware and if we could change that, it would change the whole mentality of the footballing world about the club.

Back
Top Bottom