Yid no more

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 of the arrested attackers are Lyon hooligans and the fact they are chanting 'Lyon Hooligans, Lyon Hooligans' whilst smashing the windows.
Do local hooligans wear balaclavas: Local news mention police looking at local neo nazis called Bunker Korps Lyon. not sure how credible that is with press and all but you never rule anything out.

Tiem to move this to classics?

And when I say move it to classics I mean kill it with fire, turn it into monkey food, feed it to a monkey, send the monkey into space, then blow it up.

Fine, nor did most Spurs fans, so they got their wish when we lost the bid.

Here's hoping our stadium is built before West Ham move into the OS. Otherwise you know the nonsense comparisons that West Ham fans are going to come out with. 'We're bigger than Spurs', blah, blah, blah.
West ham in the Olympic Stadium.
bored-jester-in-empty-stadium-uid.jpg

Always the clowns

Do local hooligans wear balaclavas: Local news mention police looking at local neo nazis called Bunker Korps Lyon. not sure how credible that is with press and all but you never rule anything out.
yeah a lot of ultras groups in Europe wear balaclavas these days. Get them designed so other ultras can tell it's Lyon or whoever yet they still have their faces covered.

2 of the arrested attackers are Lyon hooligans and the fact they are chanting 'Lyon Hooligans, Lyon Hooligans' whilst smashing the windows.
Thanks for the info TRS.

This article on NewsNow is perhaps a bit off beam then?

http://www.threematchban.com/Articl...s-dangers-as-does-being-a-spurs-yid-overseas?

What I find most interesting is the quote from the injured person.

“To us, [using the term ‘Yids’] is our badge, it’s what we are. It’s a throwaway term that we use for ourselves,”

As I've been arguing, most people using the term 'Yids' aren't displaying any great affinity to Jewish culture or making a political stand. Certainly this is the case for Mr Eccles and he believes it to be the case for Spurs fans in general, which has been precisely one of my points all along.

Having been in The Smoking Dog - the attackers definitely "Seig Heil'd" us and shouted anti Jewish slogans. Worth noting as well that the "other" person arrested, the Rhone police have confirmed, IS part of a known Far Right movement.

Having been in The Smoking Dog - the attackers definitely "Seig Heil'd" us and shouted anti Jewish slogans. Worth noting as well that the "other" person arrested, the Rhone police have confirmed, IS part of a known Far Right movement.

Thanks for comments Larry and I appreciate you were there and I was not.

We have a reputation in the UK and also in Europe as being a club with a known element. Therefore, we will always be a target for clubs trying to make a name for themselves on the hooli scene. I personally believe that attack happened regardless of the jewish element and that was just in addition. If Chelsea were there I honestly think they would of done the same.

Thanks for the info TRS.

This article on NewsNow is perhaps a bit off beam then?

http://www.threematchban.com/Articl...s-dangers-as-does-being-a-spurs-yid-overseas?

What I find most interesting is the quote from the injured person.

“To us, [using the term ‘Yids’] is our badge, it’s what we are. It’s a throwaway term that we use for ourselves,”

As I've been arguing, most people using the term 'Yids' aren't displaying any great affinity to Jewish culture or making a political stand. Certainly this is the case for Mr Eccles and he believes it to be the case for Spurs fans in general, which has been precisely one of my points all along.

You're right Greavesy and that is the general consensus for the mass majority of Spurs fans.

We've played in Europe for consecutive years now and not sampled this kind of labelling before. Rome was the real deal, this I am not sure about.

the bloke on twitter that I already mentioned in this thread said that the nazi salutes etc. were done to "bait" the spurs fans to try and get a reaction out of them

I think the point is if we didnt use Yid to describe ourselves, there would be no connotation to the Jewish faith, so the thugs wouldn't have an excuse to attack us. It's a fair comment as I'm pretty sure no other English club is getting the hassle we do abroad as this excuse doesn't exist with them.

Even though this is the reason for us being attacked, it should not be a reason to stop doing it. That would be giving up and letting these fuckers win. When it offends the majority of our own support, then we should stop using Yid, but until then, fuck everyone else.

I think the point is if we didnt use Yid to describe ourselves, there would be no connotation to the Jewish faith, so the thugs wouldn't have an excuse to attack us. It's a fair comment as I'm pretty sure no other English club is getting the hassle we do abroad as this excuse doesn't exist with them.

Not sure about that. The excuse would be we're English.

Quite often English clubs get hassle abroad. Just so happens twice in recent months we've been in the media for it more etc.

Back
Top Bottom