Yid no more

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yid schmid! The fact that far-right cunts are attacking our fans in Europe BECAUSE of our perceived Jewish links is surely their problem, not ours!
We ARE - like it or not - 'labelled' with the Jewish tag, and this merely seems to bring out the worst in opposing fans... GOOD! LET THEM SHOW THEIR TRUE COLOURS, cos now we know what a despicable, backward world we live in!

I'm a Jewish Spurs fan, but wouldn't define myself as a Spurs fan BECAUSE I'm Jewish, and that probably goes for the vast majority of JSF's (I'm abbreviating, naturally)

Neo-Nazis are gonna hate anyone they deem fit, or unfit.... It just happens to be Jews, in their various guises. Tottenham as a club are an obvious target, but believe you me, if we stopped calling ourselves Yids tomorrow, do you think the abuse and the hissing, and the Nazi salutes, and the chairs through windows would stop? Would it fuck!

....ask a black man to 'white up' cos some National Front cunt don't like the colour of his skin... and see what response you'd get!

If you Don't like the word Yid being used in a POSITIVE way amongst Spurs' fans.
A) Stop using it yourself
B) Explain to people why it offends you, if the only reason is we're getting stick for it, that's really not a good enough reason for us to lose PART of out identity.
We are not entirely Jewish but it out support has been/ is still largely Jewish, this being said there are probably the same amount of Jewish Gunners than there is Yids.

Oh and.. YID ARMY!

The problem is the violent nobheads really though isnt it?

The authorities need to come down harder on this kind of thing, or actually turn up when shit kicks off. God forbid actually anticipating and planning ahead to stop trouble preemptively.

Are we going to ban cars to stop car theives?

That's not the worst of it:
images

Michael Dawson » Inside Ireland

...are you telling me there's actually MORE THAN ONE MICHAEL DAWSON...?

BOLLOCKS!

Gareth Bale, Gareth Bale!
He was born because his mummy and daddy loved each other and had a special cuddle,
He was born because his mummy and daddy loved each other and had a special cuddle!

They attacked us, planned it, because we have a Jewish connection that will never go away and not because of the Y word.
I mentioned in the Lyon thread and I'll say it again here.

There is absolutely no coincidence that, after nearly a decade of being back in European competition with no ill events to speak of, we have now been targetted for two games in succession after Peter Herbert has dragged our Jewish roots to the forefront of his crusade of self-promotion.

The guy now has blood on his hands in my opinion. Apart from the antics of West Ham and Chelsea, I honestly believe that our past had been all but forgotten for most non-Spurs. But this odious little tit has dragged it bombastically into the public domain, and this is the consequence.

If it was anything to do with us using the Y word, then this would have happened alredy in Milan, or Madrid, or Kazan, or any other number of cities.

I agree the violence needs to stop, however the argument "stop using the word Yid" is the same as saying," if you don't want to get raped, don't wear a short skirt".
The issue is not the association of our heritage and the use of a word we reclaimed, the issue is the violence aimed at us because of that association.

Treat the cause, not the effect.

I've grown more ambivalent about the yid chanting as time has gone on. I used to like it but reading these boards put me off it. When the Society of Black Lawyers started making a fuss people on here were saying 'It's our term, it just means Spurs supporter, we'll sing what we want' I said at the time it wasn't your term if you weren't Jewish. I wasn't in either bar but it wouldn't have been the first fight I'd been in or the first kicking I'd taken for being Jewish. But look at you now, at the first sign of trouble, tripping over yourselves to disassociate yourselves from us. I though you had our backs?

I think you will find that most of us still do. Those against using the term/& for disassociating Spurs from the Jewish connection are in the minority.

Yid for life ;)

We in the majority as West Ham fans deplore that sort of stuff and it will have no place in modern football as now these morons will be getting bans. What about spurs fans calling West Ham fans pikies (yes I know it is a case of pot calling the kettle black). Pikies is a term of abuse for gypsies and they also are a minority group subject to racial discrimination and were gassed at Auschwitz. Not very nice is it.
I only know one West Ham fan. He's called Andy. He actually lives in a caravan. Ergo, he's a pikey.

So you all are.

Hope you understand all that. I kept the big words down to minimum. Now give us our three points and fuck off back to selling pegs or running the waltzers.

To be honest this summed up today appropriately[tweet]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pre October 2012 - no anti semitic attacks on Spurs fans. Peter Herbert speaks up. Two attacks follow. Happy now? <a href="https://twitter.com/search/#THFC">#THFC</a></p>&mdash; Charlie Marks ( cdmarks90 cdmarks90 ) <a href="https://twitter.com/cdmarks90/status/304523700861030400">February 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tweet]

Back
Top Bottom