Yid no more

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck that
Fair enough, i'd rather that than 36K at the Lane and no title challenge. More importantly so would Mr Levy, who I believe is the leader of the 'Yid Army'. Though I ain't seen him down the Park Lane or Bricklayers giving it large yet, nor Alan Sugar either come to think of it :)

I thought the reason the UAE and other Arab nations ban Israeli citizens is solidarity with Palestinians, so IMO the Palestinian issue is relevant to what you said. Israel in effect has turned Gaza into one huge concentration camp, where Palestinian stone throwing is met with tanks and bulldozers and every Israeli incursion where they commit horrific war crimes is blamed on unprovoked rocket attacks from Gaza, while the truth is usually that it is Israel that breaks the ceasefires in the region, and the rocket attacks are rarely unprovoked and usually against military targets while the Israeli response is disproportionate and indiscrimate.

Discrimination against Palestinians in Israel is rife in all areas of life, poverty is the norm, and the USA and EU turn a blind eye to Israeli atrocities because of the burden of guilt about the Holocaust. Yet Israel gets away with war crimes from the Sabra and Shatila massacres which they didn't directly carry out but facilitated with flares and non-intervention, to the Gaza blockade itself and Operation Cast Lead in 2008, where Israel targeted and killed hundreds of civilians using indiscriminate weapons, and intentionally destroyed civilian infrastructure.

So my point is, that anti-Zionist sentiment by Arab nations in the Middle East against the state of Israel, should not be confused with anti-semitism against Jewish people all over the world. The two things are distinct in my view. You can very much be opposed to the right wing government of Israel and try to bring them to account for their crimes and not be anti-semitic. Likewise, you can oppose the repressive dictatorial regimes that subjugate women and working people that characterise alot of the Arab governments without being anti-Muslim.

Quite a few inaccuracies there. The rocket attacks are not mostly aimed at military targets, they're aimed at civilians in cities like Sderot. Over 12,000 in the past 11 or so years. There have been few casualties because of excellent interception systems - but last time I checked, rocket fire is rocket fire even if nobody gets killed. No country waits until there's a particular death toll reached before defending its sovereignty.

Hamas' own charter says they want to annihilate Jews. Not just the ones in Israel, but all over the world. Welp. They don't exactly distinguish between Israelis and non-Israelis. They target Jews for being Jews.

Hamas keeps weaponry in places like universities, so of course there are civilian casualties, it's a war zone. Suicide bombers affiliated with Hezbollah don't particularly aim for government officials, they aim for large crowds of civilians.

The concentration camp example is one that I hear frequently. While it makes good editorial copy, it's completely wrong. The ultimate goal of concentration camps is to decimate a population. Gaza's Palestinian population has been growing significantly for decades. The birth rate is far higher than the death rate. Population growth was roughly 3.5% in 2010. In concentration camps, populations don't grow. People don't have children there. People are worked to death, starved to death, cut down by rapidly-spreading disease. That is not happening in Gaza. Average fertility is about 4 kids per woman - that doesn't happen when people are being starved out of existence. There's food in the markets, there are even posh restaurants catering to foreign journalists. Israel allows in tons and tons of aid to Gaza. I'm not saying it's a nice place. But it's nothing like a concentration camp. And the comparisons that I've heard to things like the Jewish Ghettoes of WW2 are even more inaccurate - the population of those went down to zero due to total extermination. Gazans are not being rounded up and slaughtered en masse.

Do you sing "We are Tottenham, from The Lane"?

Clearly, NONE of us are actually Tottenham (either the area or club) and we are not from WHL. Ridiculous to sing that.

How about "One Michael Dawson"? I BET theres more in the world.....somewhere.

"By far the greatest team"? Hmmmmmmmmmmm, not really though are we?

:avbnaa:

Pretty sure we are the greatest team. Then again that may just be my biased view, but I don't give a shit.

Fair enough, i'd rather that than 36K at the Lane and no title challenge. More importantly so would Mr Levy, who I believe is the leader of the 'Yid Army'. Though I ain't seen him down the Park Lane or Bricklayers giving it large yet, nor Alan Sugar either come to think of it :)

Realistically, how many teams in the world right now would be able to beat out United for the title. I see 3 possibles, the obvious, Real (ignoring their lack of results, and judging on squad), Barca, Bayern. Some of you will yell for others, but the point is, not many teams can compete with United, Right now. We've proved we can. We just need to maintain the form we play against them, against all opponents. If we have a good Summer window, to improve our current 11 and build on our depth, i see no reason why we won't be in the title race next season. The way i see it, 3rd is ours, 2nd is an hope, 4th is a disappointment.

Lol no offence Greaves, I just don't get the idea of moving Tottenham Hotspur to Stratford.
No problem SLR, it's not going to happen, so it's all academic now.

But obviously ENIC saw the money that was in that thar stadium and so wanted to go there.

Depending on the deal it's like getting a £100m to £200m free gift. What's not to like?

West Ham can see the money that's being given away, so can't wait to get in there.

It's an absolute goldmine if handled correctly.

Yes but I don't like Stratford.
Fine, nor did most Spurs fans, so they got their wish when we lost the bid.

Here's hoping our stadium is built before West Ham move into the OS. Otherwise you know the nonsense comparisons that West Ham fans are going to come out with. 'We're bigger than Spurs', blah, blah, blah.

Back
Top Bottom