Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Also, little personal tip. Don't show off that you aren't willing to change your opinion in the face of changing evidence and situations. It's just you telling us all you're stubborn.
Thanks for the lifestyle advice, Deardrie. I'll take it on board.

Now. That apology from Sammy......

tenor.gif

Another John trope.

When caught in the web, he attempts to deflect attention to the poster that put him in it.

People are incapable of admitting they're wrong.

I thought we'd be title contenders this season. I can already see how wrong I am.
I thought we wouldn't build a stadium.

I was wrong.
See. We can be manly and admit it when we make mistakes.

But saying we should target the title doesn't contradict my dissatisfaction that we don't.

That's pretty obvious to anyone who isn't just trying win a lost argument like Sammy.
You've backed a losing horse this time mate.

Sammy the loser

I was wrong.

But saying we should target the title doesn't contradict my dissatisfaction that we don't.

That's pretty obvious to anyone who isn't just trying win a lost argument like Sammy.

Sammy the loser

Well done for seeing a stadium

I was wrong.

Sammy the loser
Lol, you don't want to pull that thread mate.

You only finally admitted it after you couldn't actually anymore, despite mountains of evidence.

In that interview I posted, which you obviously haven't seen and are refusing to watch, Poch says that we are targeting, specifically, the Premier League title and the Champions League title.

Therefore, you saying we don't, is provably false. Because the man in charge of football at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club says we do.

I hate to say it, but Mauricio Pochettino knows the targets of Tottenham Hotspur better than John Thomas.

John, if the whole interview is too much, he literally says it in the first ten seconds.

He says our target is top 4

He agrees with someone who says it isn’t top 4

Then he denies saying we should target the title

Then admits our target should be the title

When he finally looks at the video he will say that he agrees with Poch because he said we should target the title

Then I will say “so Poch failed?”

And he will say “No because our target is top 4”

So you agree that for our greatest manager of the Premier League era to oversee such a dramatic decline in performance suggests something is not right behind the scenes. That managers don't turn to shit overnight. That there are deeper lying issues above that shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet.

Good. It's nice when two traditional antagonists finally see eye to eye.
Other forum members should take note

But didn't Levy go out and sign what could eventually equate to about £150m worth of talent in the summer? I don't really know how much more people can expect from a chairman who will always spend within his means and rightly so.

Just because the majority of football has gone mad doesn't mean Levy has to throw his life's work out the window and turn the club into a circus.

Ndombele will eventually rise to £62m, Sanchez was £40m, Sissoko £30m Lo Celso anything from £50m-£55m, Sessegnon probably around £30m that ain't pocket money being thrown about.

Poch also wanted Grealish and was said to be annoyed that we didn't fork out the kind of money (rumoured to be about £45m in the end) for Grealish. He hasn't exactly shone in recent times. Also wanted Berahino, Schneiderlin as well for upwards of £20m-£25m. Chose Aurier instead of Ricardo and snubbed moved for the likes of Brooks and Maddison apparently. It's not as if Levy hasn't been prepared to dip into the funds as and when whilst getting the stadium sorted.

Everton are nearly £100m in debt after apparently winning the transfer window. It's risky if signings don't come off and let's be honest most of Pochettino's have been a bit lame bar the odd couple he's been after. I think Poch can spot a technically good player but o also think he struggles with the jigsaw pieces of a team. Sanchez and Aurier I can see why he went for them but ultimately I think they are poor. Is he someone who Levy can trust with funds? For me the answer is an affirmative 'not sure'. Would you give Poch the keys to the city based on his past targets? Tough call

John, if the whole interview is too much, he literally says it in the first ten seconds.
Exactly. Thanks for sharing.

Poch is an ambitious man. His target is, and should be, to win the title.

Unfortunately, this isn't a philosophy shared by the owners.
And this is the crux of the problem.

We have an ambitious manager, who said himself, the target was to achieve CL qualification when we moved to the new stadium.

He achieved it well ahead of schedule. Against all the odds. At a neutral stadium. On a pittance budget.
And now he wants to go further. To win the big titles.
Good for Poch. I love Poch.

Unfortunately, the heirarchy don't share his ambition.
Top 4 and the money train is king.
Now this is the root of the plight we currently find ourselves in.

Unstoppable force meets unmovable object..

Again. A good find and thanks for backing up my point.

Exactly. Thanks for sharing.

Poch is an ambitious man. His target is, and should be, to win the title.

Unfortunately, this isn't a philosophy shared by the owners.
And this is the crux of the problem.

We have an ambitious manager, who said himself, the target was to achieve CL qualification when we moved to the new stadium.

He achieved it well ahead of schedule. Against all the odds. At a neutral stadium. On a pittance budget.
And now he wants to go further. To win the big titles.
Good for Poch. I love Poch.

Unfortunately, the heirarchy don't share his ambition.
Top 4 and the money train is king.
Now this is the root of the plight we currently find ourselves in.

Again. A good find and thanks for backing up my point.
This is embarrassing for you, John.

Is it really that hard to say ''yea, fair enough, our target has been the Title'' instead of this pathetic dance around?

Poch said OUR target is the Title and the Champions League. Not MY, ME or HIS...OUR...WE...US.

Stop being a baby about being wrong.

Last edited:
But didn't Levy go out and sign what could eventually equate to about £150m worth of talent in the summer? I don't really know how much more people can expect from a chairman who will always spend within his means and rightly so.

Just because the majority of football has gone mad doesn't mean Levy has to throw his life's work out the window and turn the club into a circus.

Ndombele will eventually rise to £62m, Sanchez was £40m, Sissoko £30m Lo Celso anything from £50m-£55m, Sessegnon probably around £30m that ain't pocket money being thrown about.

Poch also wanted Grealish and was said to be annoyed that we didn't fork out the kind of money (rumoured to be about £45m in the end) for Grealish. He hasn't exactly shone in recent times. Also wanted Berahino, Schneiderlin as well for upwards of £20m-£25m. Chose Aurier instead of Ricardo and snubbed moved for the likes of Brooks and Maddison apparently. It's not as if Levy hasn't been prepared to dip into the funds as and when whilst getting the stadium sorted.

Everton are nearly £100m in debt after apparently winning the transfer window. It's risky if signings don't come off and let's be honest most of Pochettino's have been a bit lame bar the odd couple he's been after. I think Poch can spot a technically good player but o also think he struggles with the jigsaw pieces of a team. Sanchez and Aurier I can see why he went for them but ultimately I think they are poor. Is he someone who Levy can trust with funds? For me the answer is an affirmative 'not sure'. Would you give Poch the keys to the city based on his past targets? Tough call
It's a good post Mark although a lot of the supposed targets you mention are based on speculation rather than fact.

One thing I would say is that after achieving CL qualification yet again after a whole season at Wembley he was fully justified in expecting the backing he so openly talked about.

The fact he got not one of his targets that summer was the start of the breakdown in his relationship with Levy.
And its my opinion that the summer of 18 led to the situation we now find ourselves in.

A stale squad. Players running out of contract. Players not wanting to stay at a club who's hierarchy are only interested in top 4 money.

But I appreciate your opinion and commend you for not resorting to the nasty insults desperately thrown around by a few losers on here

Stop being a baby about being wrong.
What was I wrong about? I said we should always strive to win the title. Always said that.
I agree with Poch.

Like I said, you should just climb down and admit, that on this occassion, you backed a loser.
We've all done it mate

Tottenham 10 all time most expensive signings:
Ndombele
Sanchez
Sissoko
Soldado
Lamela
Son
Moura
Sessegnon
Aurier
Bent

Six signed under Poch, three were record signings.
Simple google will help eliminate these basic mistakes.

7 were signed under Poch. The only ones who were non Poch signings are Soldado, Lamela & Bent.

With Lo Celso being a perm option that list will inevitably turn to 8 of our top 10 signings being Poch boys. Ultimately who is to blame if the gaffer struggles to form a team with these boys whilst others like Maddison, Brooks, Robertson & Ricardo slipped through the net? I thought Soyuncu had an outstanding game against us as well at the weekend. Another surely on the clubs radar who we possibly opted against. Can't keep blaming e lack of money if there's evidence money has been spent and there were cheaper options elsewhere.

The fact he got not one of his targets that summer was the start of the breakdown in his relationship with Levy.
More John tropes.

You have yet to provide a single bit of evidence to prove this theory.

Poch has always said his relationship with Levy is strong. Levy has always said his relationship with Poch is strong.

You are just utterly incapable of contrition. That's why you pretend that everything, for or against your argument backs you up. It's why every poster that agrees with you, you kiss the arse of sychophantically.

And pull the other one trying to elicit sympathy for insults. You've done it plenty in your time.

I used to. I agree.
But I like to think I've mellowed in recent years. I've come to realise life's too short.
If I've insulted you recently, I apologise.
I don't care about being insulted mate, and I'm sure you haven't recently. We've debated far too much to be offended by one another.

Now, back to Spurs...

...you stupid motherfucker.

:allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom