Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Funny thing is most of these bottom half teams have invested more then levy has. TV revenue has changed the game. Which is why these clubs are smashing their transfer records recently. The money is there. Levy can no longer peddle the stadium capacity myth as a reason why he can't sign players but you can be fucking sure he will use the "got to pay off the stadium" excuse for the next decade to come.

Our team should be capable of beating lower clubs however the players who have been here for years are no longer playing for the badge and all want moves away as they approach the business end of their careers and want to join serious clubs that put their hand in their pocket now and again to win trophies. People say we,'re a few years away from winning something. No, we're simply a few quality signings away from glory, and that's the sad part.

An owner that's happy to be a nearly team as long as he bleeds the club for all the TV revenue, CL money and club transfers. Season or two and he'll cash in on Kane & Co for mega money and half heartedly reinvest a portion of that back on some players and big up talk about *projects" and "a coach who enjoys an exciting football style" while spending the rest on another yacht in his tax haven Bahamas.
In case you inadvertently missed my question earlier :
So we keep Poch because we know Levy won't finance an alternative ? Have you ever considered what our contingency plan would be if Poch decided to seek pastures new ?

Funny thing is most of these bottom half teams have invested more then levy has. TV revenue has changed the game. Which is why these clubs are smashing their transfer records recently. The money is there. Levy can no longer peddle the stadium capacity myth as a reason why he can't sign players but you can be fucking sure he will use the "got to pay off the stadium" excuse for the next decade to come.

Our team should be capable of beating lower clubs however the players who have been here for years are no longer playing for the badge and all want moves away as they approach the business end of their careers and want to join serious clubs that put their hand in their pocket now and again to win trophies. People say we,'re a few years away from winning something. No, we're simply a few quality signings away from glory, and that's the sad part.

An owner that's happy to be a nearly team as long as he bleeds the club for all the TV revenue, CL money and club transfers. Season or two and he'll cash in on Kane & Co for mega money and half heartedly reinvest a portion of that back on some players and big up talk about *projects" and "a coach who enjoys an exciting football style" while spending the rest on another yacht in his tax haven Bahamas.

giphy.gif

Funny thing is most of these bottom half teams have invested more then levy has. TV revenue has changed the game. Which is why these clubs are smashing their transfer records recently. The money is there.

Tottenham 10 all time most expensive signings:
Ndombele
Sanchez
Sissoko
Soldado
Lamela
Son
Moura
Sessegnon
Aurier
Bent

Six signed under Poch, three were record signings.
Simple google will help eliminate these basic mistakes.

In case you inadvertently missed my question earlier :
So we keep Poch because we know Levy won't finance an alternative ? Have you ever considered what our contingency plan would be if Poch decided to seek pastures new ?

I didn't even think poch would be here this season after his CL comments and was widely mocked for suggesting it. If he leaves then I wouldn't blame him and levy will have to rue the fact he never backed poch in our most successful period in our history. Then again I don't think Levy has the capacity for self blame his ego is so big. He's a pint sized dictator who calls every shot even though he has no real football knowledge and thinks he knows better than actual football coaches. He is just a guy who's good with numbers, an accountant.

Other than that I wish the next "head coach* the best of luck. My bet is an Eddie howe type someone up and coming who isn't going to want to rock the boat too much or have any demands. Someone quiet and a yes man who simply coaches the players while levy can pretend to be the big boy calling the shots.

I didn't even think poch would be here this season after his CL comments and was widely mocked for suggesting it. If he leaves then I wouldn't blame him and levy will have to rue the fact he never backed poch in our most successful period in our history. Then again I don't think Levy has the capacity for self blame his ego is so big. He's a pint sized dictator who calls every shot even though he has no real football knowledge and thinks he knows better than actual football coaches. He is just a guy who's good with numbers, an accountant.

Other than that I wish the next "head coach* the best of luck. My bet is an Eddie howe type someone up and coming who isn't going to want to rock the boat too much or have any demands. Someone quiet and a yes man who simply coaches the players while levy can pretend to be the big boy calling the shots.
Thanks for the honest reply...... :thumbup:

If he leaves then I wouldn't blame him and levy will have to rue the fact he never backed poch in our most successful period in our history.
He has been backed with 27 players that cost 450M

He has two first teamers from the academy. One is the best striker in the world.

He threw 34M worth of his back up in the bin.
If you don’t know your history, google it.

Ndombele
Sanchez
Sissoko
Soldado
Lamela
Son
Moura
Sessegnon
Aurier
Bent

Okay now bring up the statistics of net spend please. Looks good on paper but means Jack shit when you,'re selling Bale to buy Soldado. I mean I think we' re behind Norwich on actual money spent on transfers once you've factored in the players sold in those windows.

He has been backed with 27 players that cost 450M

He has two first teamers from the academy. One is the best striker in the world.

He threw 34M worth of his back up in the bin.
If you don’t know your history, google it.

Okay and how much has levy sold in that time?

Okay now bring up the statistics of net spend please. Looks good on paper but means Jack shit when you,'re selling Bale to buy Soldado. I mean I think we' re behind Norwich on actual money spent on transfers once you've factored in the players sold in those windows.

We don’t need a net spend because we have a striker worth 200M who was free.
Winks would set a team back 50M today. He cost nothing.
Dele cost 5M and before he went shit was talked about being worth 100M.

If Poch has quality players, what the fuck difference does it make what they cost?

Is Kane shit? Because he was free?
People falling over saying Eriksen is the best AM in Europe and irreplaceable then trying to say he’s shit because he cost 14M so they can bash Levy.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Poch is starting to create friction on purpose and engineer an out.

That would be the most unprofessional move ever. Sabotage a club for personal gain? For all of Poch’s whining, I don’t think that is his motivation. I think he has just lost the plot and doesn’t understand how to win it back.

Ndombele
Sanchez
Sissoko
Soldado
Lamela
Son
Moura
Sessegnon
Aurier
Bent

Absolutely pathetic argument. Even you must be disappointed with yourself with that post.
Every premier league club has broken their transfer record 3,4,5,6,7 or 8 times over since Poch took charge.
To use this as evidence of Poch being backed is childish nonsense in the extreme.
Go give yourself a slap!

Getting rid of the poisonous Bale was the catalyst for us being where we are now.

Jermain Defoe even told us Bale refused to train.

Absolutely pathetic argument. Even you must be disappointed with yourself with that post.
Every premier league club has broken their transfer record 3,4,5,6,7 or 8 times over since Poch took charge.
To use this as evidence of Poch being backed is childish nonsense in the extreme.
Go give yourself a slap!

Having 6 of the most expensive signings in the clubs history and breaking our transfer record 3 times in 5 years isn’t backing him?

Keeping every single player he wanted to keep isn’t backing him.
Paying him 9M a year isn’t backing him?

You’re a joke.
Answer this. Is Eriksen shit because he cost 14M? You’d be happy with Levy if Aurier cost 70M and we had a debt?

Fucking idiots running around thinking net spend wins trophies.....”every other club has broken their transfer record 345678 times”

Yet only three finished above us.
How many teams with a net spend have won fuck all and never will?

And that’s your proof of success???

Twat

Last edited:
We don’t need a net spend because we have a striker worth 200M who was free.
Winks would set a team back 50M today. He cost nothing.
Dele cost 5M and before he went shit was talked about being worth 100M.

If Poch has quality players, what the fuck difference does it make what they cost?

Is Kane shit? Because he was free?
People falling over saying Eriksen is the best AM in Europe and irreplaceable then trying to say he’s shit because he cost 14M so they can bash Levy.

No one on earth would have predicted that Kane would become a 200m player and if you have the magic ability to predict the future can I have next week's lotto numbers please. This doesn't mean anything other than these players are just gold mines for Levy when the player eventually decides to make a dirty protest in his pants in order to get his dream move away from Tottenham.

All you're doing is actually complimenting Poch on his ability to coach a player to stardom, well done.

Spurs only break their transfer record when they smash their selling transfer record too lmao. Selling your best players in order to fund new players isn't ambition. For every good player bought there are loads that don't make the cut. Ie eriksen and somewhat lamela the only guys that came good when we broke our selling record when we sold Bale.

Kyle walker is a great example. Was here from the r3dknaop days. Saw the club wasn't making any ambitious efforts in the market and went on to win the league with man City. The likes of seasoned vets like Rose saying that he has to Google the names of players who join us.

We've got some great players who have been nurtured and developed for the past 5 years. An ambitious club would go out and buy new players to push on, regardless of whether it means a net loss in a window. They do not sell their best players in order to fund new players. This is why spurs as a club just goes round in circles for the past decade.

Last edited:
No one on earth would have predicted that Kane would become a 200m player and doesn't really mean anything other than these players are just gold mines for Levy when the player eventually decides to make a dirty protest in his pants in order to get his dream move away from Tottenham.

All you're doing is actually
Hahahahahaa

So because so one knew Kane would be the best striker in the world, it means that Poch doesn’t have a good striker because he was free.

He came from the academy. That Levy built.

It doesn’t mean anything when he scores 37 goals in a season. Because he was free?

Fuck off

We achieved top 4 qualification into the Champions league group stages. Or is that not an achievement either?

We achieved top 4 as that was our end goal.

If not winning the final and just getting to it was our end goal, then getting there would be an achievement.

But our aim was to win it, so we failed.

We achieved top 4 as that was our end goal.

If not winning the final and just getting to it was our end goal, then getting there would be an achievement.

But our aim was to win it, so we failed.
So at the start of the season we wanted to finish no higher than 4th?

Back
Top Bottom