Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
We achieved top 4 as that was our end goal.

If not winning the final and just getting to it was our end goal, then getting there would be an achievement.

But our aim was to win it, so we failed.
I understand that you're disappointed nor to win the final like me and everybody else but to say top 4 is an achievement but getting to the biggest final in this club's history is not, ridiculous.

I understand that you're disappointed nor to win the final like me and everybody else but to say top 4 is an achievement but getting to the biggest final in this club's history is not, ridiculous.

Whether we think top 4 is a worthy target is irrelevant. It was the target and we achieved it.

Getting to the CL final wasn’t the target, winning it was, so we failed.

That’s how language works

What’s funny?

You should learn what words mean
expand...
No one on earth would have predicted that Kane would become a 200m player and if you have the magic ability to predict the future can I have next week's lotto numbers please. This doesn't mean anything other than these players are just gold mines for Levy when the player eventually decides to make a dirty protest in his pants in order to get his dream move away from Tottenham.

All you're doing is actually complimenting Poch on his ability to coach a player to stardom, well done.

Spurs only break their transfer record when they smash their selling transfer record too lmao. Selling your best players in order to fund new players isn't ambition. For every good player bought there are loads that don't make the cut. Ie eriksen and somewhat lamela the only guys that came good when we broke our selling record when we sold Bale.

Kyle walker is a great example. Was here from the r3dknaop days. Saw the club wasn't making any ambitious efforts in the market and went on to win the league with man City. The likes of seasoned vets like Rose saying that he has to Google the names of players who join us.

We've got some great players who have been nurtured and developed for the past 5 years. An ambitious club would go out and buy new players to push on, regardless of whether it means a net loss in a window. They do not sell their best players in order to fund new players. This is why spurs as a club just goes round in circles for the past decade.

No one on earth would have predicted that Kane would become a 200m player and if you have the magic ability to predict the future can I have next week's lotto numbers please. This doesn't mean anything other than these players are just gold mines for Levy when the player eventually decides to make a dirty protest in his pants in order to get his dream move away from Tottenham.

All you're doing is actually complimenting Poch on his ability to coach a player to stardom, well done.

Spurs only break their transfer record when they smash their selling transfer record too lmao. Selling your best players in order to fund new players isn't ambition. For every good player bought there are loads that don't make the cut. Ie eriksen and somewhat lamela the only guys that came good when we broke our selling record when we sold Bale.

Kyle walker is a great example. Was here from the r3dknaop days. Saw the club wasn't making any ambitious efforts in the market and went on to win the league with man City. The likes of seasoned vets like Rose saying that he has to Google the names of players who join us.

We've got some great players who have been nurtured and developed for the past 5 years. An ambitious club would go out and buy new players to push on, regardless of whether it means a net loss in a window. They do not sell their best players in order to fund new players. This is why spurs as a club just goes round in circles for the past decade.

I have no problem praising Poch for what he got out the players.
It’s the reason we didnt need to spend record sums for the best players in the world at the time.

But now he’s lost his touch, simple as that

I didn't even think poch would be here this season after his CL comments and was widely mocked for suggesting it. If he leaves then I wouldn't blame him and levy will have to rue the fact he never backed poch in our most successful period in our history. Then again I don't think Levy has the capacity for self blame his ego is so big. He's a pint sized dictator who calls every shot even though he has no real football knowledge and thinks he knows better than actual football coaches. He is just a guy who's good with numbers, an accountant.

Other than that I wish the next "head coach* the best of luck. My bet is an Eddie howe type someone up and coming who isn't going to want to rock the boat too much or have any demands. Someone quiet and a yes man who simply coaches the players while levy can pretend to be the big boy calling the shots.

Bleak prospect mate but feasible

Whether we think top 4 is a worthy target is irrelevant. It was the target and we achieved it.

Getting to the CL final wasn’t the target, winning it was, so we failed.

That’s how language works
Was fourth the target is what I'm asking you.

It was never the target? Then how can we be in a position to win the CL without being in the final?

Was fourth the target is what I'm asking you.

It was never the target? Then how can we be in a position to win the CL without being in the final?

Top 4 was the target. It’s simple English.

Getting to the CL final wasn’t the end goal.
So just getting there was not an achievement.

The end goal was to win it. We failed.

You will never catch me out playing this shit cat and mouse game.

I have 100% conviction in my opinions and will not waver on basic semantics.
Learn the words you are using if you want to play this game with me.

Top 4 was the target. It’s simple English.

Getting to the CL final wasn’t the end goal.
So just getting there was not an achievement.

The end goal was to win it. We failed.

You will never catch me out playing this shit cat and mouse game.

I have 100% conviction in my opinions and will not waver on basic semantics.
Learn the words you are using if you want to play this game with me.
You don't think the players wanted to finish higher than 4th?

It was the end goal when we played Ajax can't win the CL without getting to the final. Obviously it does not compare to winning it but it's still an achievement.

You don't think the players wanted to finish higher than 4th?

It’s irrelevant what anyone wanted. The target was top 4 we achieved it.

It was the end goal when we played Ajax can't win the CL without getting to the final. Obviously it does not compare to winning it but it's still an achievement.

In isolation winning the semi was the target for that night. We achieved it.
Cup competitions are not taken as round for round successes in isolation.

Just getting to the final was never the target.
We failed our objective.

It’s irrelevant what anyone wanted. The target was top 4 we achieved it.
No its not irrelevant as you're talking about the end goal. I don’t think the end goal at the start of the season was to finish 4th.

In isolation winning the semi was the target for that night. We achieved it.
Cup competitions are not taken as round for round successes in isolation.

Just getting to the final was never the target.
We failed our objective.
It was the target for that night but it was never the target?
You're contradicting yourself.

What Pochettino needz to preside over (why can't we have a what THFC need thread?) is to preside over a team that has CONTROL over a part of the pitch.

We are not clinical, we are not strong enough in midfield and we have become weak or porous in defence. In other words we are not the force we were and that's why all teams nos believe they have a chance against us.

And they do.

What Pochettino needz to preside over (why can't we have a what THFC need thread?) is to preside over a team that has CONTROL over a part of the pitch.

We are not clinical, we are not strong enough in midfield and we have become weak or porous in defence. In other words we are not the force we were and that's why all teams nos believe they have a chance against us.

And they do.
We are starting to become spursy again

No its not irrelevant as you're talking about the end goal. I don’t think the end goal at the start of the season was to finish 4th.
I never the end goal was to finish 4th I said it was to achieve top 4.

It was the target for that night but it was never the target?
You're contradicting yourself.

Winning the Semi Final was the end goal of the semi final.

Just getting to the final was never the end goal of our CL campaign. Winning it was. We failed.

Last edited:
Fucking idiots running around thinking net spend wins trophies.....”every other club has broken their transfer record 345678 times”
Yet only three finished above us.
How many teams with a net spend have won fuck all and never will?
Yes. And why did only 3 finish above us?
Because Pocchetino was managing the fucking football team ya fooking wooden top.
On a shoestring, with his hands tied up.
Or are we to credit Daniel Levy for his coaching skills as well now.

:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom