Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
John...mate...this is bordering on something more than embarrassing.
Why.

I said we should always strive to win the title.

But I don't think the heirarchy do. I think they target top 4 and are happy if that's achieved.

Not quite sure why you aint getting it tbh.

It's a good post Mark although a lot of the supposed targets you mention are based on speculation rather than fact.

One thing I would say is that after achieving CL qualification yet again after a whole season at Wembley he was fully justified in expecting the backing he so openly talked about.

The fact he got not one of his targets that summer was the start of the breakdown in his relationship with Levy.
And its my opinion that the summer of 18 led to the situation we now find ourselves in.

A stale squad. Players running out of contract. Players not wanting to stay at a club who's hierarchy are only interested in top 4 money.

But I appreciate your opinion and commend you for not resorting to the nasty insults desperately thrown around by a few losers on here

It's definitely more speculation than fact but if I was a betting man, which I am I'd say with the links we had to Grealish, Maddison, Berahino, Schneiderlin and to a certain extent Brooks in the past that we were probably looking at them but chose against a move.

Ricardo played in the same league as Aurier and moved the same summer as Serge for a similar fee. Either Poch is to blame for that one or our scouting department. Either way money has been there and the people pulling the trigger on who to go for have got it somewhat wrong. Blame needs to be laid at the feet of all involved mate.

The nucleus of our starting XI success over recent years has revolved around Lloris, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen & Kane. Poch has made a few good signings that has absolutely no question but there's a fair few let downs in there as well for the money that's been invested. Davinson Sanchez was a big risk that's massively backfired in my opinion, he simply hasn't got the brain required to read what to do and when to do it. Attackers can and will have him on toast and that's a record signing mate.

It's definitely more speculation than fact but if I was a betting man, which I am I'd say with the links we had to Grealish, Maddison, Berahino, Schneiderlin and to a certain extent Brooks in the past that we were probably looking at them but chose against a move.

Ricardo played in the same league as Aurier and moved the same summer as Serge for a similar fee. Either Poch is to blame for that one or our scouting department. Either way money has been there and the people pulling the trigger on who to go for have got it somewhat wrong. Blame needs to be laid at the feet of all involved mate.

The nucleus of our starting XI success over recent years has revolved around Lloris, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen & Kane. Poch has made a few good signings that has absolutely no question but there's a fair few let downs in there as well for the money that's been invested. Davinson Sanchez was a big risk that's massively backfired in my opinion, he simply hasn't got the brain required to read what to do and when to do it. Attackers can and will have him on toast and that's a record signing mate.

I think Poch is iffy in the transfer market, it's one of his weak points

Why.

I said we should always strive to win the title.

But I don't think the heirarchy do. I think they target top 4 and are happy if that's achieved.

Not quite sure why you aint getting it tbh.
Now we're getting somewhere.

YOU think. This is your opinion that Levy doesn't share the same ambition as Poch. I don't blame you for it, we all spray our opinions and present them as fact sometimes. But it's not fact.

Poch, for starters, has been consistent in saying we want ''big things''. If after, what, 6 years, Levy is not aligned then why the fuck is Poch still here?

Poch has said from the get go he's here to change the culture and that Levy is on board.

What you say may have been true a few years ago (I'm speculating) but there is no way that is true now. Nor is there any evidence for this.

You also seem to think we have only one, or few, targets.

I'm of the belief top 4 is our MINIMUM target, but our ULTIMATE target is these ''big things''.

Levy is the steward of the club. He is tasked with keeping it alive and stable. Poch is here to deal with all things football. If the football fails, I'm afraid Poch is first to be held accountable with the players. It's their job.

A fantastic point.

Our targets have gone from Grealish, Berahino, Schneiderlin etc. to Ndombele, Lo Celso, Fernandes, DYBALA.

If that doesn't showcase a shift in ambition, I don't know what else does.

A fantastic point.

Our targets have gone from Grealish, Berahino, Schneiderlin etc. to Ndombele, Lo Celso, Fernandes, DYBALA.

If that doesn't showcase a shift in ambition, I don't know what else does.

Our club has absolutely shifted its ambitions. The only thing is it's happened organically, within our financial means which to me shows genuine growth. I think that sometimes gets clouded when sugar daddies throw Monopoly money that isn't rightly generated by clubs at signings like Richarlison, Pepe etc.

Man U have done £135m on signing Maguire and Wan-Bissaka this summer. Can anyone say that two world record deals for players in their respective positions and age groups has changed them drastically for the better?

Our club has absolutely shifted its ambitions. The only thing is it's happened organically, within our financial means which to me shows genuine growth. I think that sometimes gets clouded when sugar daddies throw Monopoly money that isn't rightly generated by clubs at signings like Richarlison, Pepe etc.

Man U have done £135m on signing Maguire and Wan-Bissaka this summer. Can anyone say that two world record deals for players in their respective positions and age groups has changed them drastically for the better?
Yep.

It also seems (thus far) Levy has been bang on to have not given Eriksen the highest wage in the club.

Despite what some may think, the geezer knows what he's doing and knows what is good for the club. He will have a personal relationship with Toby and Chris and him not giving them top banana won't just be financial. He will have been thorough and done his due diligence. He would find out their ambition, financially and personally.

If there is one thing Levy always gets...it's value. That applies to our own too.

YOU think. This is your opinion that Levy doesn't share the same ambition as Poch. I don't blame you for it, we all spray our opinions and present them as fact sometimes. But it's not fact.

Poch, for starters, has been consistent in saying we want ''big things''. If after, what, 6 years, Levy is not aligned then why the fuck is Poch still here?

Poch has said from the get go he's here to change the culture and that Levy is on board.

What you say may have been true a few years ago (I'm speculating) but there is no way that is true now. Nor is there any evidence for this.

I'm of the belief top 4 is our MINIMUM target, but our ULTIMATE target is these ''big things''.

Levy is the steward of the club. He is tasked with keeping it alive and stable. Poch is here to deal with all things football. If the football fails, I'm afraid Poch is first to be held accountable with the players. It's their job.

I think Levy wants to win but does he really really want to win?

Summers 16 , 17,18 were opportune moments to go balls deep in the window and add to what we had, the invisible window of 18 is what has really really hurt us imo, the CL final really adds a lot of gloss to what was in truth a very up and down season.

I like Levy and he's done well overall but I'm with John he's more interested in maximizing his investment than taking risks by making a big statement of intent.

Yep.

It also seems (thus far) Levy has been bang on to have not given Eriksen the highest wage in the club.

Despite what some may think, the geezer knows what he's doing and knows what is good for the club. He will have a personal relationship with Toby and Chris and him not giving them top banana won't just be financial. He will have been thorough and done his due diligence. He would find out their ambition, financially and personally.

If there is one thing Levy always gets...it's value. That applies to our own too.

There's a reason he's the chairman of a Champions League runner up team and we all log onto The Fighting Cock forum for a reason mate, he definitely knows what he's doing more than we ever will.

I know a few won't like it but I honestly think our chairman has done an excellent job in times where we've seen two new heavyweight teams in Man City & Liverpool come out of nowhere. It's all well and good saying we haven't won anything but even back when Man U or Woolwich did bits it was only really one other team they were competing with.

In recent years we've done fantastic to overtake Wengers Woolwich, Abramovics Chelsea and the biggest money machine of them all in Man U. It's very easy for a team to fail but also very difficult for a team to have success and if people like it or not modern day success comes in the form of league consistency and that much needed top 4.

Levy has hired 7 permanent managers to date during his era so far & 2 of them have delivered us top 4. It would probably have been 3 if the PL didn't force us to endure Lasagnagate, that really ain't a bad ratio when you look at the long and short of it which as painful as some may find it to believe is the revenue streams and marketability top 4 brings. People mock it but without it we wouldn't be able to afford the wages of Kane, Poch, Sonny etc, it is what it is.

There's a reason he's the chairman of a Champions League runner up team and we all log onto The Fighting Cock forum for a reason mate, he definitely knows what he's doing more than we ever will.

I know a few won't like it but I honestly think our chairman has done an excellent job in times where we've seen two new heavyweight teams in Man City & Liverpool come out of nowhere. It's all well and good saying we haven't won anything but even back when Man U or Woolwich did bits it was only really one other team they were competing with.

In recent years we've done fantastic to overtake Wengers Woolwich, Abramovics Chelsea and the biggest money machine of them all in Man U. It's very easy for a team to fail but also very difficult for a team to have success and if people like it or not modern day success comes in the form of league consistency and that much needed top 4.

Levy has hired 7 permanent managers to date during his era so far & 2 of them have delivered us top 4. It would probably have been 3 if the PL didn't force us to endure Lasagnagate, that really ain't a bad ratio when you look at the long and short of it which as painful as some may find it to believe is the revenue streams and marketability top 4 brings. People mock it but without it we wouldn't be able to afford the wages of Kane, Poch, Sonny etc, it is what it is.

He's definitely a good chairman but the real time to judge him and his true ambition for the club is the remainder of his time at the club, there aren't excuses anymore.

Don't pander to this bullshit.
He's only here because I am.
Sorry. Quick shower.

Just to point out, your losing horse seems to have completely lost it .

On page 71 he resorted to calling me a Pig Fuck..........?
Yes, you read that right....Pig Fuck

Sometimes its best to just cut your losses and run, mate

Sorry. Quick shower.

Just to point out, your losing horse seems to have completely lost it .

On page 71 he resorted to calling me a Pig Fuck..........?
Yes, you read that right....Pig Fuck

Sometimes its best to just cut your losses and run, mate
I think he's just gone to bed.

The victor of a debate isn't simply the person who gets the last word in.

That is the tactic of the perennially defeated.

I do wonder why we didn't move for Lo Celso when he moved to Betis for £22m yet we were happy to make our move a year later when he was closer to the £50m-£55m mark. Surely that's got to be seen as a failure by those looking at the right kind of talent we'd need.
And what makes it so much fucking worse is that, being an Argentinian international, there is no way Poch could not have known of him. It is fucking ridiculous.

Bit of perspective I think. I can't stand us losing, I think I hate it more than I like winning, but weve played 3 very tricky away games in the pl and taken 2 pts where we usually would expect 3. The Newcastle defeat and the shocking 2nd half display in Greece aside I dont think it's panic stations just yet. However, if we dont beat Southampton comfortably and indeed the next two dross in the pl then I might change my perspective.

Most frustrating to me is not starting Moura consistently. I also think Kane should be dropped from time to time against teams that sit back as his movement is generally poor now.

I think he's just gone to bed.

The victor of a debate isn't simply the person who gets the last word in.

That is the tactic of the perennially defeated.
Maybe. But resorting to an insult like Pig Fuck seems like the final mutterings of a beaten man to me.
Maybe he was over tired

As you've admitted, you've resorted to insults before. Was that the final mutterings of a beaten man too?

I'm guessing you'll say it wasn't.
Don't recall ever coming out with Pig Fuck. If I did, then on that occasion, I'd probably lost the argument.

Back
Top Bottom