Who's next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's next?

• Total voters
I think I’d honestly finish 5th playing well than get 4th like we did last season.
At least I’d see hope for the following season.

This can’t go on.....we are garbage mate
That's not a good idea, drop out the top 4 and give manure and woolwich plus chelski a chance to over take us means we are back to the old days of last decade. We are not woolwoich to spend £140m while in the EL. Revenue loss being out of the CL and stadium debt still to pay. We can't win the PL and CL in the near future, domestic cups and top 4 are valuable trophies for the club.

Poch will have almost full squad after the international break and with TW shut and knows the players he is working with, expect to sort any rift and get with the job in hand. He and players should have learned from previous mistakes so no excuses, if they haven't learnt by now they never will.

giphy.gif

Spot on.

No way Simeone would come to us - why exactly are we a better situation than what he currently has?
Doesnt speak English and if he was to leave Atletico it would probably be to a Utd/City/Bayern/PSG

Why would Pep leave Barca, it’s a challenge not saying he would but the prem is the hardest league, if he wants a challenge this would be it.

Don’t see it happening but we are now a pretty attractive club.

On the previous page I think the question was, what is failure, 5th, 6th or 12th.

I believe that if our team finished 6th. Did not shit our pants on a regular basis and lose games at home to shit like Newcastle and are competitive and decent then not many people will be moaning.

But finish 6th and have a cunt of a season involving games like yesterday and moaning will be extreme. And so it fucking should be.

If I could shake Pochettino into life I would, i’d not sack the guy, but Jesus he’s behind some astounding shit in the league and needs to wake the fuck up.

Vince lad I'd take this more seriesly if you hadn't included Yogi Hughes, who I dare say half on here haven't even heard o! Neil Lennon and Derek fuckin McInnes dearie me! And I'll say again as I did on the last thread of this ilk we have one of the best young managers on the go just now granted he's made mistakes everyone does we lost one game fecking game against a middling team who got lucky we are notoriously bad at the start of a season shit happens and yes it's annoying but it's how Tottenham roll........

I think that conversation might not even take place if we get hammered by Scum....he’ll probably walk on Monday
If we turn up with some cookie tactical set up that involves a lot of side to side passing which results in impossible attempted threaded passes and wayward crosses into the box, and we are on the wrong end of a embarrassing defeat, then if he has any self respect he will walk Monday.

Pochettino is one manager I’d love to see win with us, and since he walked into this club he has filled me with nothing but positivity, but that positivity has left me, it has been since the CL final. And I think it has left Pochettino too, sadly!!

How bad were Alex McLeish and Gordon Strachan for SausageVince not to include them?

Even most Celtic fans don't want Neil Lennon.

The levels of delusion of some people on here is frightening. The same people, who a few weeks back thought we could sign dybala like it was any old signing..and now throwing simeones name about like he’s the manager of some mid table nobody’s in la Liga.

If we turn up with some cookie tactical set up that involves a lot of side to side passing which results in impossible attempted threaded passes and wayward crosses into the box, and we are on the wrong end of a embarrassing defeat, then if he has any self respect he will walk Monday.

Pochettino is one manager I’d love to see win with us, and since he walked into this club he has filled me with nothing but positivity, but that positivity has left me, it has been since the CL final. And I think it has left Pochettino too, sadly!!

Yep. Liverpool got over the final defeat to Real by having a serious crack at the title and winning the CL.

It’s still early days but we just seem to be deflated, as if the manager and players know they blew their one moment of genuine glory (at least at club level). Getting so close should be motivation rather than a hindrance.

The levels of delusion of some people on here is frightening. The same people, who a few weeks back thought we could sign dybala like it was any old signing..and now throwing simeones name about like he’s the manager of some mid table nobody’s in la Liga.

Klopp was a major name and yet 10th placed Liverpool with a mediocre squad were able to attract him.

We secured Ramos, who arguably the hottest managerial talent in Europe at the time despite being mid table so let’s do the little Spurs narrative and that the Premier league isn’t the dominant league in the world.

Fairly delusional for people to claim talk of Poch going is absurd because of the brilliant work he’s done, and all the huge achievements and how good he’s made us........and then when someone says the word Simeone start acting like we are Kettering Town and cant get anyone good.

Are we really suggesting that to come and manage a team that was in the CL final last season and finished fourth in what is conceivably the toughest league in Europe is not a mouth watering prospect for some of the top managers out there ??..
Is Levy really that scary or tight fisted ??? :thumbdown:

Yep. Liverpool got over the final defeat to Real by having a serious crack at the title and winning the CL.

It’s still early days but we just seem to be deflated, as if the manager and players know they blew their one moment of genuine glory (at least at club level). Getting so close should be motivation rather than a hindrance.
Problem is, were we really good enough to be in a CL final? Of course results say yes, but in all honesty we were out of that thing about 5 times if it wasn’t for divine intervention....

Players know that too, they know we are short, and even at our best we are still behind City & L’pool, and that togetherness and belief is flying out the door...last season 3rd was as good as it was ever going to get, nothing has changed this summer to suggest any higher is a possibility, and another CL run to the final like season is near on impossible, and every player to a man knows that.

Apparently the 11 highest paid managers in Europe;
(20th May 2019)

£5m Sarri (Chelsea)
£5.3m Ancelotti
£6m Emery
£7m Pellegrini
£7m Klopp
£7.5m Solskjaer
£8.5m Pochettino
£10.5m Zidane
£15.2m Guardiola
£20.2m Valverde
£35.9m Simeone

Harry Kane is our top earner on £10.4m.
According to this source Simeone is on £690k per week.

If anyone can point me to a better source that would be great - but yeah, looking at those figures we ain't getting Simeone.

Interesting that Poch earns more than Son for example.. only Kane and Ndombele get paid more!

Is old Fergie bored of retirement yet🤔

Joking aside, I do think the team needs a shake up, and it’s obviously easier changing the manager than multiple players, but who comes in to take us on to the next level (winning titles) on the format in which we run the club?
The answer is no one....Pochettino might actually be the best option we have, hell the last 3/4 years might be as good as its ever going to get for us and it’s just a case of floating in and out of the top 4 from here on in....

Back
Top Bottom