Who's next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's next?

• Total voters
If Poch goes, he'll be snapped up by a money club and backed and backed and backed.
He'll either be an enormous success or will get found out

The fact he has hardly been backed at all in his time at Spurs still has me doubting we really know what level he's capable of.

It's always been "he has done really well with what he's got, and what he's got is less than most teams I'm the league"

Problem is, were we really good enough to be in a CL final? Of course results say yes, but in all honesty we were out of that thing about 5 times if it wasn’t for divine intervention....

Players know that too, they know we are short, and even at our best we are still behind City & L’pool, and that togetherness and belief is flying out the door...last season 3rd was as good as it was ever going to get, nothing has changed this summer to suggest any higher is a possibility, and another CL run to the final like season is near on impossible, and every player to a man knows that.

We more than rode our luck, but it did reflect the quality we have in our squad. We’ve improved that with our summer signings, but it seems like our old Ajax contingent have caused a stir with their contract situations. Maybe raising Kane’s wages then offering a newbie such as Ndombele a similar salary has had a knock-on effect.

We more than rode our luck, but it did reflect the quality we have in our squad. We’ve improved that with our summer signings, but it seems like our old Ajax contingent have caused a stir with their contract situations. Maybe raising Kane’s wages then offering a newbie such as Ndombele a similar salary has had a knock-on effect.
That's just the market dictating though

Are we really suggesting that to come and manage a team that was in the CL final last season and finished fourth in what is conceivably the toughest league in Europe is not a mouth watering prospect for some of the top managers out there ??

Was it a mouth watering prospect to replace Claudio Ranieri at Leicester?

Managers don't give a shit about what the previous guy accomplished, they give a shit about the resources they're going to have to accomplish things themselves.

Top managers will look at Tottenham and say "wow, that's a job with great potential", and go to Daniel Levy and say "give me 100M net each of the next two summers and I will catch City and Liverpool"

And then Daniel Levy will thank the top manager for his time and press the button under his desk to release the hounds.

Was it a mouth watering prospect to replace Claudio Ranieri at Leicester?

Managers don't give a shit about what the previous guy accomplished, they give a shit about the resources they're going to have to accomplish things themselves.

Top managers will look at Tottenham and say "wow, that's a job with great potential", and go to Daniel Levy and say "give me 100M net each of the next two summers and I will catch City and Liverpool"

And then Daniel Levy will thank the top manager for his time and press the button under his desk to release the hounds.

Why do you only quote the bit of my post which suits your reply ?? The last sentence read Is Levy really that scary or tight fisted ?
As I stated in the thread 'What's gone Wrong'
The next manager (whenever that may be) will be asked for his plans and given targets and objectives. He will then explain what he requires in order for those goals to be achieved and a time frame, particularly from a financial basis.
Should Levy say "I'm quite happy with top four every season and the money that brings" then undoubtedly HE is the problem. Should Daniel genuinely crave silverware success then he has to surely realise a new ambitious manager will demand backing in the transfer market to bring in the players he requires.

Misquote me at your leisure if it suits your attempts at humour ....however strained those attempts may be.

Hard to say what goes on behind the scenes really.....What we as fans have to look at is what we see on the pitch, and if it ain’t to our liking then we complain, plain and simple.I mean it’s not like if the club made a statement saying there has been unrest as players don’t like what other players earn, we suddenly go, oh so that’s the problem, fair enough we will let it slide then😂

Bunch of over paid wankers the lot of them🙄

In my humble opinion what will eventually happen is that the club will announce that Poch is leaving with mutual consent. Something along the lines of
"The manager feels he has gone as far as he can with the club and has decided to seek a fresh challenge (sound familiar :roflmao: ) which he feels is in the interests of both parties. The club would like to thank him for his huge contribution towards the team's development and wish him every success for the future".

This weekend's game will be pivotal to the time scale of such a development. A win or draw will grant him breathing space but a defeat by a significant margin will hurt Poch deeply because he knows what the game means to Spurs fans. That may just be enough to make him walk, especially,if has been suggested, he has lost the dressing room support.

That is just my personal slant on how I see the current situation.

Last edited:
On the previous page I think the question was, what is failure, 5th, 6th or 12th.

I believe that if our team finished 6th. Did not shit our pants on a regular basis and lose games at home to shit like Newcastle and are competitive and decent then not many people will be moaning.

But finish 6th and have a cunt of a season involving games like yesterday and moaning will be extreme. And so it fucking should be.

If I could shake Pochettino into life I would, i’d not sack the guy, but Jesus he’s behind some astounding shit in the league and needs to wake the fuck up.
Are you serious? If we finished 6th then it would mean dropping a lot more points than we have become accustomed to. There's no way that people would not moan..it would either mean dropping points against shit teams at home, or it would mean having a terrible away record, or it would mean losing all our games to Woolwich, Chelsea, Man Utd etc. One way or another, we finish 6th, people are going to moan, sure as night follows day.

Simeone imo, similar to Poch but better tactical ability and will give us a ruthless edge

I think Mourhino would win us a trophy, he even got that shower at United a trophy and our team is far better than United but his brand of football would bore me to absolute tears (not that Poch is any better currently but at least I know he can make us play good football when things are right behind the scenes.)

It's all for nothing though because I want Poch to stay and fix the issues and lead us to glory.

Your post is a confusing one, initially you effectively say we need a person with more tactical ability and ruthlessness than Poch yet your last line suggests he is the guy you want to 'fix the issues and lead us to glory'. I can only assume that you wish Poch to go on some sort of 'tactical awareness improvement course' and then after that he spends some time with members of the SAS acquiring a less timid approach to matches. :thumbdown:

Spot on.

No way Simeone would come to us - why exactly are we a better situation than what he currently has?
Doesnt speak English and if he was to leave Atletico it would probably be to a Utd/City/Bayern/PSG
I agree Simeone would not come to us. But it would be out of fear rather than anything else.
The other clubs you mentioned in your support of them are smaller or lack credibility. Utd is now a smaller club. Bayern harbour rapists. City and PSG are about as real as the ski slopes of Dubai. That you speak of them as if they are more attractive than us, says more of you than it does our club or this forum. Hang your head in shame

I agree Simeone would not come to us. But it would be out of fear rather than anything else.
The other clubs you mentioned in your support of them are smaller or lack credibility. Utd is now a smaller club. Bayern harbour rapists. City and PSG are about as real as the ski slopes of Dubai. That you speak of them as if they are more attractive than us, says more of you than it does our club or this forum. Hang your head in shame

Get a grip mate and stop being so dramatic.
You're actively putting out polls asking who our next manager is going to be, trolling the forum.

If City are as real as the ski slopes of Dubai then why did Pep go to them?

Surprised that this thread didn't make an appearance five minutes after the game yesterday!
And no, I'm not going to read any further or vote!
We laughed at how Woolwich fans were with Wenger for years, now you know there must be one or two of them (the no-mates ones, which is most of them) with nothing better to do on a bank holiday weekend than looking on here and laughing at all these bloody threads...

Get a grip mate and stop being so dramatic.
You're actively putting out polls asking who our next manager is going to be, trolling the forum.

If City are as real as the ski slopes of Dubai then why did Pep go to them?
Your idolisation of Pep is misplaced here. Do not disgrace your family further. They are appalled

Back
Top Bottom