Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite like Davies as a player and a person from what I can tell.
He isn't that quick, doesn't deliver good balls very often, can get done badly by elite level players, but is also pretty solid defending.
He's a decent enough top 4 type player - not good enough for a title challenger imo.
Leicester won the league with Christian Fuchs at left back.

All these ITKs lol.... just making shit up.

Odds on the Saliba rumors being 100% fabricated by the player's agent/club to increase their negotiation position? Can't believe Lion is 'confident' he's joining us when Leparisien and literally every reliable journalist came out today and last night and said he's signing for the scum....

If we go into the season with Davies as our starting LB and Sessegnon and Aurier/KWP at right back we are in serious trouble... not to mention our two best, starting centre backs will almost certainly leave in 12 months time which means we should start replacing them NOW, not post-fact.

Love the Ndombele deal but this is not encouraging.

We don't pay the wages necessary to have players that aren't starting sitting on the bench. That is the crux of the issue.

So we are going to have to have players that can do multiple jobs to ensure we have the depth needed across the squad to compete.
The problem with that is rotation and injuries. Towards the end of last season we had kids on the bench that Poch had no intention of playing. There is a difference to putting a kid on the Bench because he deserves it and could get some minutes and putting a kid on the bench because we have no one else. Also the multiple jobs does not work as last season Davies had to cover at CB but that left Rose playing twice a week without cover. We need numbers. we have added only 1 player to the squad for this season to replace Dembele. Yet Vorm, Trippier and Llorente have left. I am not convinced that we have a good enough 3rd GK and for a team that is in the CL we need a better back up. I know he will not play unless we get injuries but some older GK could fill the place. As to Trippier he needs to be replaced by HGrown but not necessarily at RB as Foyth could move there but in the squad. Llorente again does not need to be replaced by a back up striker but we need players in the squad that Poch and fans trust to perform for rotation purposes when playing 2 matches a week.
A few weeks ago it looked as if we were close to bringing our targets but it seems quieter now which is a concern.

All these ITKs lol.... just making shit up.

Odds on the Saliba rumors being 100% fabricated by the player's agent/club to increase their negotiation position? Can't believe Lion is 'confident' he's joining us when Leparisien and literally every reliable journalist came out today and last night and said he's signing for the scum....

If we go into the season with Davies as our starting LB and Sessegnon and Aurier/KWP at right back we are in serious trouble... not to mention our two best, starting centre backs will almost certainly leave in 12 months time which means we should start replacing them NOW, not post-fact.

Love the Ndombele deal but this is not encouraging.
I treat the ITKs with a measure of contempt and levity they deserve

But this Lion has been on a roll all window and stuck to his guns throughout

Maybe just damn good guessing but if so ..... he’s a damn good guesser !!

Lo Celso all over Twitter now.

Apparently for around 70 million.

That’s a lot of doughnuts.
I suspect thats just cribbed from the figure that GLC and Betis have agreed to let him go for, as was revealed in the local press a couple of days ago and then posted here.

Stay tuned to TFC for the very latest news from the Iberian Peninsula

Morning lads (and lasses!). Blades fan in peace. Just thought I'd pop onto your forum to give a little bit of info that I've received today.

For my sin's, I live in Doncaster & happen to know a fella who is a drinking buddy with friends and family of Danny Rose. He's been told that Danny hasn't travelled with the Spurs squad to wherever you're pre-season is currently taking place & also spent some of last week in Paris.

Could be him putting 2+2 together & making 5, but there is potential of a move to PSG on the cards. Has anyone heard anything similar here?

Looking forward to playing your boys this year & also very much looking forward to visiting your new gaf in November!

UTB
Blimey!!

:adesalute:

The only reason I can figure that people don't rate him as well is that he isn't as flashy of a player as Rose is. He is very sound defensively, can fill in at CB when needed,
Actually I'd go further than that, I think he's a very good CB. I feel very confident if he needs to play there if Jan picks up an injury or needs rotating.

I treat the ITKs with a measure of contempt and levity they deserve

But this Lion has been on a roll all window and stuck to his guns throughout

Maybe just damn good guessing but if so ..... he’s a damn good guesser !!
if there are 20000 twitter accs pretending to be 'in the know', one of them is bound to get 5 rumors right in a row... lol

Medicals already done for those players? lol! People are spying at airports all over the world now, players literally can not hide. Lo Celso has NOT done a medical and Sessegnon & bro might very well join along with Lo C but come on.

Morning lads (and lasses!). Blades fan in peace. Just thought I'd pop onto your forum to give a little bit of info that I've received today.

For my sin's, I live in Doncaster & happen to know a fella who is a drinking buddy with friends and family of Danny Rose. He's been told that Danny hasn't travelled with the Spurs squad to wherever you're pre-season is currently taking place & also spent some of last week in Paris.

Could be him putting 2+2 together & making 5, but there is potential of a move to PSG on the cards. Has anyone heard anything similar here?

Looking forward to playing your boys this year & also very much looking forward to visiting your new gaf in November!

UTB

Good to see the blades back in the top league, first time since those cheating cunts from East London survived at your expense.
Looking forward to you visiting their shithole banter ground..
If you want a hand smashing the place up, give us a shout and I’ll gladly lend a hand.. :dembelelol:

if there are 20000 twitter accs pretending to be 'in the know', one of them is bound to get 5 rumors right in a row... lol

Medicals already done for those players? lol! People are spying at airports all over the world now, players literally can not hide. Lo Celso has NOT done a medical and Sessegnon & bro might very well join along with Lo C but come on.
Yeah like I say ... using your number of 20000 .... he’s currently the 1 getting things right

Currently he’s worth mocking a bit less for that

Levy at 0.15. Looks like most of the transfers are going through without too many hitches if the master negotiator is out with the team and Poch, having delegated anything to those on Levy's team left in London

Back
Top Bottom