Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite like Davies as a player and a person from what I can tell.
He isn't that quick, doesn't deliver good balls very often, can get done badly by elite level players, but is also pretty solid defending.
He's a decent enough top 4 type player - not good enough for a title challenger imo.

That just about sums up how I feel about Ben
Good lad but hopeless against pace

So, from the looks of it we are in the process of selling both our 1st team fullbacks with no credible links to replacements. Also the possibility of losing Toby. Therefore weakening our defence.

I have every confidence the club knows what they are doing.

We are hiring a new first team coach. Ossie something. Argentinian fella. Loves a 1-4-5 formation. We’ll be fine.

Davies isn't fit to clean Danny Rose's boots

Rose is a myth.
He’s not great in defence, and offers zero in attack.
He creates a buzz around everything he does.......but 99% of it comes to nothing.

He’s fools gold. Davies more than laced his boots when Rose was injured. A far more rounded level headed player.
No point crossing if you can’t cross eh.

But Davies can’t defend against genuine pace such as Mane who tore him a new one

jan jan hes our man, if he cant do it. no one can!

media were well beyond having a semi for Sancho with his blistering pace and skill, only for a firm shut down by our number 5.

sorry I keep banging the vertonghen for left back drum, but I really would just play him there in suitable games, which generally would be up against top wingers

Rose pushes for a place in any top 6 PL side. Davies most certainly doesn't.
That isn’t actually a big thing. Full backs are generally offering nothing these days except the Liverpool lads.

The fact people are wanking over Sessengon and Wan Bissaka says everything you need to know about that position.

So what, Rose could challenge Luke Shaw, Mendy, Delph, Zinchenko, Kolasinec, Alonso and Robertson for a start......ooooooooonhhhhh

So could Davies and your fucking delusional if you think he couldn’t

But Davies can’t defend against genuine pace such as Mane who tore him a new one
This happened once.

Davies has adapted his game and has not struggled much against the dreaded pacey winger since.

Majority of the goals we have conceded this previous season came from our right flank or centrally. Davies, Rose or Jan, it didn't matter. Our left flank was locked down tight.

Report: Tottenham reject chance to sign top midfield target – but why?
Spurs Web – Tottenham Hotspur Football News / Seb Jenkins / moments ago

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly rejected the chance to sign one of their top midfield targets this summer, Dani Ceballos.
The central attacking midfielder starred for Spain at the U21 European Championships, with his team eventually lifting the trophy itself.
Sky Sports reported earlier this month that Spurs were in talks with Real Madrid over a possible signing of the 22-year-old playmaker.
In fact, at one stage, Estadio Deportivo reported that Spurs were in advanced negotiations and were close to signing the player.
However, Le Confidencial now claim that the player is close to a move to Woolwich instead after Tottenham rejected the chance to land him.
The report cites the reasons behind this decision as Real Madrid’s refusal to let Ceballos leave on a permanent deal or include an option to buy in the loan contract.
As a result, a one-year loan deal to Woolwich before returning to Madrid seems like the most likely option at this stage, with Spurs having to look elsewhere.
The post Report: Tottenham reject chance to sign top midfield target – but why? appeared first on Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News.

Visit website
This surely b.s.

Back
Top Bottom