Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TOTTENHAM defender Toby Alderweireld is wanted by Roma as club director confirms all offers for Nicolo Zaniolo will be “evaluated”.

Roma just signed a younger cheaper CB so i'm thinking the Toby to Roma ship has sailed

All of these line ups that people post assume that we will play the same formation in every game and that players won't get injured or tired or lose form or be suspended and so on.

And another thing, people saying things like "A can always play in position B" (i.e. "Sissoko can fill in at right back"), when we're supposed to be strengthening the squad, not looking for bodge-job patches, strip my fucking gears

Report: Tycoon could be set to launch Spurs bid to Daniel Levy
Spurs Web – Tottenham Hotspur Football News / T.A Bharadwaj / 39 minutes ago

According to a report in The Evening Standard, American business tycoon Todd Boehly, who holds 20% stake in Major League Baseball team the Los Angeles Dodgers, is considering making a bid to buy a stake in Tottenham Hotspur.

Boehly is backed by his private investment firm Eldridge Industries, which controls shares in a wide array of businesses from real estate, insurance, and sport.

The report claims that the 46-year-old is interested in investing in the Premier League and is considering two London based clubs closely – Chelsea and Tottenham.

It is suggested Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich values the Blues at around £2.5bn and that Tottenham are worth more owing to the recent upgrades of their training ground and stadium.

The report goes on to claim that Boehly currently favours the Lilywhites over Chelsea but it remains to be seen if Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis – partners in the investment company ENIC International, are willing to sell the club.

Spurs Web Opinion

You can never rule out the possibility of Levy or ENIC deciding to sell the club if they receive a good offer given how pragmatic an operator the Spurs chairman is. However, it is unlikely that he will be tempted to walk out just when the club looks on the cusp of doing something special.

The post Report: Tycoon could be set to launch Spurs bid to Daniel Levy appeared first on Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News.

Visit website

There is a separate thread on this , and btw the guy owns (through his Eldridge Industriesc group )Cain Hoy , now renamed Cain Internationa, l who tried to buy Spurs 3 or 4 years ago so nothing particularly new in him coming back. But nothing to do with transfers.

All of these line ups that people post assume that we will play the same formation in every game and that players won't get injured or tired or lose form or be suspended and so on.

And another thing, people saying things like "A can always play in position B" (i.e. "Sissoko can fill in at right back"), when we're supposed to be strengthening the squad, not looking for bodge-job patches, strip my fucking gears

You're not referring to the post using no full backs, are you? That idea is from ages ago in the tactics thread. With the players we have, that same formation could easily switch to 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 etc. using aurier and davies for example. I mean, we've already played using that same formation many times, albeit different names listed.

3 weeks to go and we need...at least 4 more players

Not a good position to be in to be honest, would have preferred any signings to be part of the preseason tour like N'dombele is and get some game time with the squad and some training with Poch.

We need a RB now (because Foyth, KWP and Aurier aren't good enough and if they are they would have played as first choice last season) we need a new LB unless Rose somehow stays, we need a backup striker for Kane and some competition for Eriksen (that's if Eriksen is still here and if he isn't we will need two signings in that position imo.)

We don't pay the wages necessary to have players that aren't starting sitting on the bench. That is the crux of the issue.

So we are going to have to have players that can do multiple jobs to ensure we have the depth needed across the squad to compete.

3 weeks to go and we need...at least 4 more players
To be fair, that's where most teams are at the moment. Players getting back from vacation and pre-season kicking off in full gear. It's always crazy the last few weeks every window and it ain't going to change when 50% of the window players are pretty much unavailable for one reason or another.

Not a good position to be in to be honest, would have preferred any signings to be part of the preseason tour like N'dombele is and get some game time with the squad and some training with Poch.

We need a RB now (because Foyth, KWP and Aurier aren't good enough and if they are they would have played as first choice last season) we need a new LB unless Rose somehow stays, we need a backup striker for Kane and some competition for Eriksen (that's if Eriksen is still here and if he isn't we will need two signings in that position imo.)
As much as I would like and think we need another RB, I it is abundantly clear that based on recent reports and the lack of transfer links that we will not be signing a new one unless we sell Aurier.

Where did Toby play last season midfield?

By the way Toby is the second oldest of any of our defenders, so given your logic shouldn't he be the second one out after Jan?

Obviously age is not the only factor. We also have to consider their fitness, contract length, market value, commitment, ability etc. Rose had one amazing season but since then he has frequently been injured, frequently talked about leaving, and frequently played shit. He’s had some good games too but not enough to stop us from turning down significant bids for an older player on a downward slope.

Look at Ashley Young for an example of what happens when you hang onto a player for too long. Rose wants to go and the team needs to freshen up in defence, it’s not like he’s being thrown out of the club. It’s a natural time to part ways, the boy is lucky he got another game for Tottenham after that disgraceful interview he did two years ago.

Back
Top Bottom