Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really not bothered,.. Losing 1-0 away to City after our midweek heroics is probably the least surprising result we've had all season.
Yet drawing 1-1 (or 0-0) would've been one of the most surprising!! Yet we had more than one opportunity to do just that...
That's what hurts!

Let's not get like sky and make it all about the top 4. This season has been about the glory of our CL campaign. We have on the brink of elimination most games. The top 6 is so strong 2 will have to drop out in any season. What you will see is the two that drop out one will win the Europa. People have said about blaming Levi. If we get to CL final and finish 5th I wont be blaming anyone.
If we get to a CL final and lose and get 5th the season is a failure according to Poch.

That was unlucky - thought we deserved more but Sonny wasn't quite sharp enough sadly.
Well if the three games against them is a showcase for what £1bn buys these days, I think on balance I prefer to pass on the big signings and concentrate on youngsters and improving talent. OK they won the league last year and will come at least second this year, but Stones at £50m and Laporte at £57m, Walker £50m and Mendy £52m - really? If Poch gets £150m to spend in the Summer what does that buy given the way City ignore everyone else and push fees through the roof? 2 quality players? 3 ok players?
Even Utd giving Solsjkaer £250m buys what - 3/4 good players? Its just gone to shit these days and no team, certainly not us, will ever have enough money to out buy City.
Why can't we just enjoy the progress we have seen - and hope for an elusive trophy or two rather than expect it (only a handful of teams win trophies these days so lets not kid ourselves that its our right).
I don't know the answer sadly, I just don't think that we will ever have enough to spend to please a big chunk of our so called supporters base.

Last edited:
No, I understand, just don't think we will win our last four games. I think Pikeys or Brighton will nick a point, and Arse/Chelsea will finish ahead of us on 78.
It’s not just our run-in, which is now the easiest remaining, it’s everyone else’s. Woolwich ain’t winning all those away matches, United and Chelsea still play each other, and besides that United is at Everton and plays City, with Chelsea at Leicester. There’s a reason why we are still top favorites for top 4.

Anyway, not fussed. Still grinning from ear to ear. CL semi final lads, at our new ground which is one of the greatest stadiums in the world.

If that isn’t enough, what’s the point.

City winning the league is just like a void year. It doesn't really count. They've won the league lots of times recently but who could honestly say which years and how many times without looking it up? They have infinite money, it's meaningless.

Liverpool winning it would count. And that's why it would be fucking unbearable. Anyone who has grown up in south-east England in the 80s or 90s, or anyone who has been to Anfield on an away day knows this.

Anyway, not fussed. Still grinning from ear to ear. CL semi final lads, at our new ground which is one of the greatest stadiums in the world.

If that isn’t enough, what’s the point.
Exactly.
Wanted to win, disappointed we didn’t get a draw, but would not swap the games for anything in the world.
If they’re honest, they’d rather be in the semi and have lost today.

Last edited:
Exactly.
Wanted to win, disappointed we didn’t get a draw, but would swap the games for anything in the world.
If they’re honest, they’d rather be in the semi and have lost today.

Not so sure mate

They don’t really rate the CL for some reason and would prefer to win the PL

I prefer finishing in the CL spots over caring about who wins the league. At the end of the day I want us to do as well as we can. We've screwed the second half of the season up due to, largely, poor finishing. Consider today, saints, Woolwich and Liverpool; better finishing and we would have had about 9-12 more points and possibly be in the running for the title. It's almost infuriating.
I have to agree

Here's a thought to cheer you up (cheered me up anyway).
If we do finish 5th or 6th behind Man U in 3rd and Woolwich in 4th, and Chelsea win the Europa League, (stick with it, it gets better), but we win the Champions League, the qualifiers for next years Champions League would be Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs. Woolwich would drop back into the Europa League.
Its called clutching at straws.
:pochfacepalm:

Here's a thought to cheer you up (cheered me up anyway).
If we do finish 5th or 6th behind Man U in 3rd and Woolwich in 4th, and Chelsea win the Europa League, (stick with it, it gets better), but we win the Champions League, the qualifiers for next years Champions League would be Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs. Woolwich would drop back into the Europa League.
Its called clutching at straws.
:pochfacepalm:

Yeah, it'd be hilarious.

Especially if Woolwich lost the EL final to Chelsea too.

You'll be able to taste all the Woolwich salt too wouldn't you?

"But we finished above you!!"

I'm sorry, but I don't get the logic that somehow, we weren't allowed to want us go go through on Wednesday, AND get something out of today, 'cos that would be deemed as being 'greedy'... and of COURSE, that's not acceptable, or sporting!

...well, what the FUCK else are Man City Fans... demanding, nay expecting the Quadruple by virtue of their money hungry owners pumping BILLIONS of skewed, immoral, World choking oil money into their club...?

If that's not 1st World, self-entitled, fuck the rest, spoilt greed, I dunno what is!

City winning the league is just like a void year. It doesn't really count. They've won the league lots of times recently but who could honestly say which years and how many times without looking it up? They have infinite money, it's meaningless.

Liverpool winning it would count. And that's why it would be fucking unbearable. Anyone who has grown up in south-east England in the 80s or 90s, or anyone who has been to Anfield on an away day knows this.
Grew up in South East London and have been to Anfield and today I decided I want Liverpool to win it.
It makes no difference to me, I have zero Liverpool fans in my life, and I don’t have any social media bar this forum.
City are scum, their fans are Stoke levels of cunt, without the noise, and they can fuck off.

It would be hilarious if the only thing they won was the Mickey Mouse. Even funnier than winning nothing.....say what you want about the Scousers, at least they were there when they were shit.

didn't expect to win today but I disappointed we played so well and if Son or Lucus had been in top form we may have won,
Well done lads, now just win the rest of the league games get us top 4 again

Back
Top Bottom