Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyway, not fussed. Still grinning from ear to ear. CL semi final lads, at our new ground which is one of the greatest stadiums in the world.

If that isn’t enough, what’s the point.

Short of hosting the final, a CL semi-final is the biggest game a club could host at their ground.

It’s incredible that the stars have aligned to have our first CL semi-final in the new Lane, and against Ajax no less. A club I and many Spurs fans have a lot of respect for.

Obviously I want CL football again next season, but this season has gone from being a struggle to being incredible.

did any body see Poch shake toby's hand when he was subbed ? I was watching on Polish tv so maybe edited out, but normally Poch is off the bench to shake sub's hand

Shouldn’t have been the case but often is, a league game after a big European match is nearly always flat and today both teams were hellish flat Wednesday knocked the momentum out of both for different reasons! But looking at that fixture without the European element did anyone expect to win? Probably not.....so no surprise there. Looking at the 3 games I feared the worst we’d win at home but it would end up being irrelevant and we’d lose the other two and city would get everything going but no they’ve the 3pts and we’ve the semi final.......
W383jTc.jpg
happy days..........

Grew up in South East London and have been to Anfield and today I decided I want Liverpool to win it.
It makes no difference to me, I have zero Liverpool fans in my life, and I don’t have any social media bar this forum.
City are scum, their fans are Stoke levels of cunt, without the noise, and they can fuck off.

It would be hilarious if the only thing they won was the Mickey Mouse. Even funnier than winning nothing.....say what you want about the Scousers, at least they were there when they were shit.
I'm from Essex and half my family and most of my mates support Liverpool if you can believe that. I don't want Liverpool to win the league for them, fuck them. I hope they beat city to it for one reason only and that's because of the endless money they have and will continue to pour into buying all the trophies they can.

After a close run season how will they react? Throw another £300m at it no doubt. City are going to be around for a long time yet doing this and it's bad for football. They could potentially be the dominant force at home and in Europe for the next decade. Then we'll all be happy for a Liverpool or someone else to be challenging them (Not Woolwich or Chelsea).

Yes it will be bad If the Dippers win it and i for one will never hear the end of it but for football's sake i'd live with it.

I'm from Essex and half my family and most of my mates support Liverpool if you can believe that. I don't want Liverpool to win the league for them, fuck them. I hope they beat city to it for one reason only and that's because of the endless money they have and will continue to pour into buying all the trophies they can.

After a close run season how will they react? Throw another £300m at it no doubt. City are going to be around for a long time yet doing this and it's bad for football. They could potentially be the dominant force at home and in Europe for the next decade. Then we'll all be happy for a Liverpool or someone else to be challenging them (Not Woolwich or Chelsea).

Yes it will be bad If the Dippers win it and i for one will never hear the end of it but for football's sake i'd live with it.
I have sort of come round to the same opinion.
3 months back it was a case of anyone but liverpool(except Le Arse,Chelsea and West ham).
I am now resigned to them winning it,and can see it a good thing that Citeh don't.I wont ever buy a paper again though, not that i do anyway

The Liverpool fans I know are the worst. The worst "banter". The most spiteful, most self-entitled. They were celebrating like Cundy on Wednesday night I can assure you. The majority wouldn't know how to get to Anfield but yet they all seem to definitely be going to Madrid in June. These are not deluded teenagers, these are proper fully grown men. If you're my age and you don't know dozens like this from your school, work, local area then I envy you.

As it happens I know 2 City fans. One a genuine Maine Road boy, a proper lad. The other a proper Surrey oink, irritating but very easily ignored.

Liverpool have a bigger wage bill than ManC. What's the difference between ManC buying the league or being the dominant team for a few years or ManU buying the league and dominating for two decades ?

The only crumb of comfort in this is City march onwards to the title and make everyone associated with Liverpool cry. The trouble is when it comes to the crunch I just don't trust them not to fuck it up against some team in the bottom half of the table.

Liverpool have been so much more efficient this year in putting out the trash.

Liverpool have a bigger wage bill than ManC. What's the difference between ManC buying the league or being the dominant team for a few years or ManU buying the league and dominating for two decades ?

There is no difference in City or United buying the league. I felt the same then. Man Utd are not our rival, i don't have any United fans in my family so i have no reason to dislike them yet back then i was happy to cheer for Blackburn or Leeds to beat them to titles for the same reason. I would have cheered anyone on who wasn't Woolwich or Chelsea to beat them. Unfortunately they were the only two who ever really challenged them during that time.

Wage bill. Yes, you have me there. Liverpool can be argued are going the same route and i did argue the point that Liverpool were trying to buy the title to my red brother at the start of the season. If anyone else were in the title race i'd be for them. Fuck me, it would have been magical if we could have done it.

Many fans saying they wouldn’t swap today for Wednesday- fair enough but why do we have to choose? With the right investment in Jan we could have had both

Back
Top Bottom