Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City winning the league is just like a void year. It doesn't really count. They've won the league lots of times recently but who could honestly say which years and how many times without looking it up? They have infinite money, it's meaningless.

Liverpool winning it would count. And that's why it would be fucking unbearable. Anyone who has grown up in south-east England in the 80s or 90s, or anyone who has been to Anfield on an away day knows this.

Our need to get Champions League next year in the new stadium has now surpassed my care of Liverpool winning the league.

I couldn’t stomach Woolwich, Chelsea, or United to get top 4 and we are playing in the Europa League.

When the CL draw was made I’d imagine most fans would be happy with this outcome from the three games.

A draw today would have been fair, but the performance was encouraging anyway. Certainly pulled our weight.

Rotation doesn’t mean throwing the game.....we just done them over two legs and for half of that time we had no Kane, Sissoko or Winks.

Dier missed both, Sanchez barely played in either, Llorente came in and did his job, Wanyama played like a lion after years out and being written off, Foyth > Otamendi, Davies and KWP are solid options, Moura and Son at peak levels, Dele’s injury is minor, Eriksen returning to form, Lloris in his World Cup winners suit, two of the best CBs in world football, and the best manager on the planet right now.

Who knows what Lamela, Skipp or even Janssen will do if needed.

Keep writing off the squad, and the bench and the options.....heard it all fucking year.
Still 3rd
CL semis, stuck 4 past Dortmund and City, drew at the Nou Camp, done Inter, and went home to Tottenham.

Fuck em all. Put who you want in front of this team, I couldn’t care less anymore.
Biggest bollocks in football this club has.

Thats 7 points from 24 in the leage. 2 wins in 8 games at the business end of the season and were now scratching to hold on to top 4 by our fingernails.
Miss out and Levy and co will have a lot to answer for regarding their gross negligence and total disregard of the football team these past 2 years.
Jesus fucking Christ.

The state of you!

I'm logging off don't need this shite from our "fans". I'll let you whip yourself into a frenzy as is so predictable, whilst I'll reflect on what was a really good performance and look ahead to a Champions League semi-final.

I care, I want to win every game. Do I think we will win? Doubtful but I live In hope.
A victory will make a statement to the chasing pack and give us a better chance of being in the top four.

Fully expecting a battering from City, they are capable of resting players and brining in replacements of the same quality.

But... imagine we win by an offside goal VAR would have disallowed. I genuinely think Pep would end it right there on the touch line.

If we get comfortably beaten in this one, which is more than likely, I'm not going to be crying over it. Although I'm sure that won't prevent some of the usual miserable cunts on here going into full blow meltdown...For me, the Brighton game on Tue night is the much more important game. I'm just treating this as a free hit

Michael Oliver is such a cunt, getting so fed up of watching him ruin games.

Until this week I never thought I'd say this, but I'm fully in on VAR being used in every game now. It will iron out the inconsistencies and ultimately over the course of a season we will be one of the teams that benefits big time.

I don't get how anyone is saying this game doesn't matter. Of course it matters. We still have to take care of the bread and butter business in the league, no matter what. If we want to be a big club, we have to have more than one iron in the fire at any given time. It's still a long shot for us to win the CL, so we have to go and secure a CL place for next season via top 4, which was always our number one priority.

Back
Top Bottom