Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a quick reminder:
1. Net Spurs Spending for the last 4 and half years , ie: since Poch took power = £30m
2. Net Liverpool spending last season = over £100m

Above proves which policy is working which is not.
But people still say spending big is a waste of time BUT the reason those teams did better than us is because they spent big.

The fact that

David Pleat
Glen Hoddle
Jacques Santini
Martin Jol
Juande Ramos
Harry Redknapp
Tim Sherwood and
Pocchetino

Have only mustered on league cup between then suggests something's rotten at the top though, doesn't it

Mate, to be fair we have made many semis, and lost three or four league cup finals in that time.

His chances are a bit limited with us I don’t mean game time I mean what the rest of the team are creating for him! How many crosses did he have that gave him an opportunity? He was picking up the ball at the 18yard that’s no use for him that’s not his game.

Meh.

You said he was finished at Swansea and implied we should have know better.

Poch:

"It was a fair result. They scored and we didn’t. I can’t say anything about that. We can talk about possession and shots but if you don’t score you don’t deserve to win games."

"We came from a crazy fixture schedule and we were forced to make some changes. We knew it would be a tough season for us but not as tough as it has been. We’re out of two competitions since Wednesday and we’re disappointed."

"People wish that in the end we win some trophies, but realistically we are doing so well. To win a title here in England like the FA Cup or Carabao Cup is to have luck as well as quality in your squad."

"Again we’re going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don’t agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four."
At least he is consistent in this regard. Not what supporters want to hear right now, though.

Poch:

"It was a fair result. They scored and we didn’t. I can’t say anything about that. We can talk about possession and shots but if you don’t score you don’t deserve to win games."

"We came from a crazy fixture schedule and we were forced to make some changes. We knew it would be a tough season for us but not as tough as it has been. We’re out of two competitions since Wednesday and we’re disappointed."

"People wish that in the end we win some trophies, but realistically we are doing so well. To win a title here in England like the FA Cup or Carabao Cup is to have luck as well as quality in your squad."

"Again we’re going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don’t agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four."
All the elite teams have ego’s, that’s why they are winners because they believe they can win

Again we’re going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don’t agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four."

That’s a really shit comment. A poor excuse for him throwing the cups...

I wonder if certain others will be able to criticise these comments

Meh.

You said he was finished at Swansea and implied we should have know better.
The team is built around Kane’s unique skillet - very few players can do what Kane does (scoring, passing, hold up play, and so on). Almost anyone else coming in is going to look shit because they aren’t Kane and it disrupts he the team attacks because of it. May as well buy a young up and coming talent or just have youth players on the bench.

Son has basically said that he is running on fumes. He said he couldn't sleep properly over there or anything.

Poch said he omitted Eriksen because he is very tired.

They are not machines.

Also, 6-2 away games Everton Eriksen played 90 minutes Son played 80 when we had the game sewn up by minute 60.

Bournemouth 5-0. 3-0 after what 30 minutes, game tied up after 60 at 4-0 yet Son played until 88 minutes, Eriksen until 84 minutes.

Tranmere away, Son substituted 65 minutes with the game 4-0. Why not 10 minutes earlier when the game is clearly done?

Cardiff 3-0, Eriksen played the WHOLE GAME, Sonny played 76 minutes when the game apwas done 25 minutes in.

Genuinely what's the point if you know you have big games coming up, that injuries can happen when the sport scientists must know when fatigue could and will set in.

To my calculations Eriksen played 30 minutes more at Everton than he should have, 45 minutes more vs Bournemouth, 45 minutes more than he should have at Cardiff & Sonny 30 minutes more at Everton than need be, 45 against Bournemouth, 10 minutes more than he needed to at Tranmere & 45 minutes more than required at Cardiff.

How you can keep them on a field when you're 3-0, 4-0 up yet say one or both are knackered at the moment is absolutely insane man management. I love Pochettino but fuck me for both to be tired when in total both played 120 minutes & 130 minutes more than need be when smacking teams I just can't fathom

Poch:

Better finish in the top 4 then.

The only thing that attracts top talent is shit loads of money being thrown at them, and possibly CL football. They don't give a fuck if it's Tottenham, Liverpool, the Arse or Chelski based on past achievements.

Levy needs to pay the money, which he won't I fear, or we will drop further and further back in the years to come.

....All them players extending their contracts for less money and no prospects?

How do we boost our spending power further?

Finish top 4 regularly and increase matchday and commercial revenues.

If peeps find that "unacceptable"; it's time they started lobbying the bodies that control the game...

Last edited:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear Bill

Such a shame, but better luck next time

*waits for explanation about how one player meant four players*
And as I went on to say, again and again and again and again, because unlike you, I haven't changed my opinion one fucking iota, that ONE player (a new Dembele for recent fans of this series) was the utmost priority. If we only signed one, we should have signed him. At the time, you vocally disagreed, and often, to lots of people saying the same thing.

Do you understand what priority means? That others can and should come after?

Remember you disagreed then that we should make signings. Then later, against United, when it wasn't clear what Sissoko's or Kane's injury were, again, I said the the priority was a midfielder (understood here clearly that if we were to sign Isco AND Icardi, I wouldn't be too annoyed, y'feelme?). And you thought it would be cool to call me a cunt for prioritising (a) over (b).

And now I'm once again on the wrong side of the "strengthen squad argument", as I say without waverin.

(1) We need to sign a new Dembele
(2) We need striker cover
(3) We need to rethink our recruitment process
(4) We need more transparency, in general

How you can keep them on a field when you're 3-0, 4-0 up yet say one or both are knackered at the moment is absolutely insane man management. I love Pochettino but fuck me for both to be tired when in total both played 120 minutes & 130 minutes more than need be when smacking teams I just can't fathom
I don't know, but I'll have an honest guess for you. Maybe he's not too crazy about our squad players. Maybe the drop-off in quality is too steep.

Also, 6-2 away games Everton Eriksen played 90 minutes Son played 80 when we had the game sewn up by minute 60.

Bournemouth 5-0. 3-0 after what 30 minutes, game tied up after 60 at 4-0 yet Son played until 88 minutes, Eriksen until 84 minutes.

Tranmere away, Son substituted 65 minutes with the game 4-0. Why not 10 minutes earlier when the game is clearly done?

Cardiff 3-0, Eriksen played the WHOLE GAME, Sonny played 76 minutes when the game apwas done 25 minutes in.

Genuinely what's the point if you know you have big games coming up, that injuries can happen when the sport scientists must know when fatigue could and will set in.

To my calculations Eriksen played 30 minutes more at Everton than he should have, 45 minutes more vs Bournemouth, 45 minutes more than he should have at Cardiff & Sonny 30 minutes more at Everton than need be, 45 against Bournemouth, 10 minutes more than he needed to at Tranmere & 45 minutes more than required at Cardiff.

And it’s game time that others have missed out on to build their confidence and match sharpness.

Back
Top Bottom