Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a quick reminder:
1. Net Spurs Spending for the last 4 and half years , ie: since Poch took power = £30m
2. Net Liverpool spending last season = over £100m

Above proves which policy is working which is not.

Lest we forget.

Dx79RWyXQAACY-y.jpg

Stupid decision to give GKN 90 mins. Good luck selling him now, any potential buyers will have just watched him run into defenders all game and on the odd occasion kick it at them.

You could argue that winning the carabao cup and not finishing Top 4 would be worse though - are the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Alli etc going to want to stay for the glory of winning the Carabao cup or would they rather player champions league each season?
Yeah I get what your saying but it all just feels a little pointless in the end

There is no way we are winning the league or Cl anytime soon

So do we just accept that we are unlikely to see a trophy for a considerable amount of time ?

The reason why the squad won't get strengthened will be because over the next 4 weeks Son is back, Wanyama, Sissoko and Dier return to full fitness, and Dele and Harry are back by mid March. Moneyball Levy looks at that, reckons we are going out v BVB, and goes why spend money, unless we get the VdV style signing in the next few days

Doesn't make me feel any less shit going out this early in the cup, against them as well.
fully agree with the players coming back Levy hopes we just get into next season's CL, and if not no problem as he can reduce bonus's and pay for those that stay ( Bye Bye Eriksen Bye Bye Toby )

Winning domestic trophies matters to the really small clubs for whom it's a huge deal to have any excitement, or to the really big clubs for whom collecting trophies is part of building their aura and dynasty. We are neither. We are growing our business and brand, trying to become one of the really big clubs, and we need money more than anything. That's the truth of it.

How long will it take?

No, I meant abusing them not because of a crap performance. To me personal abuse of our own players isn't a good way to support the team.
Im not saying it aint happened, and please dont bring me up tons of quotes, but i cant recall players getting shit other than for their performances on the pitch, or for crap like getting photo'd in chelsea shirts or whatever.

The commentator in the first stream I watched picked up on this. I didn't see him out of his seat for the entire match. I did miss 15 mins at the end of the first half due to stream down. I made a note to keep looking to see if he did get up but cannot recall it happening. I was primarily focused on the game so may have missed if he did. So apologies if i'm wrong.

He didn't seem to be up for it today from that perspective anyway. Disappointing from him if so and disappointing day overall.
Tournaments like this is just a example of how the club and fans both want the same things (trophies), but want different things at the same time.

For the fans the FA and league cups are echoes of past glories. Cups still matter to the fans. Whereas clubs in our position put much more value in being at the top of the league table and competing in Europe. That is where the modern day glory is.

Back
Top Bottom