Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a fucking week... about exactly this time 7 days ago, we were all bouncing up and down at the sight of Winks scoring so late...
2 London derbies on, and it's all come crashing down.

Real shame.

3rd in the League, Champions League knockout stages, Cup semi-final...in as single season...is going backwards?

Christ, the new age fans are the worst.

Before you started supporting this club, I watched us lose 6-1 to Bolton.

Fucking backwards he says.

:dembele:
Show me a trophy.

ps.I have seen all that 6-1...etc.

3rd in the League, Champions League knockout stages, Cup semi-final...in as single season...is going backwards?

Christ, the new age fans are the worst.

Before you started supporting this club, I watched us lose 6-1 to Bolton.

Fucking backwards he says.

:dembele:
We have to stop looking to the 90s as an excuse it's gone on too long now.

No one can defend 10 years without a trophy for a club with our funds and size.

Even with this line up, we should be getting at least one goal. Right idea by poch. Can't account for stupid handballs and pen misses and a shit ton of chances not taken second half.

The club doesn't want to win domestic cups. Domestic cups would not make us "big". The club wants to win league and international trophies.

Poch not managing to motivate this team tonight makes it pretty clear he doesn't give a shit about the FA cup
The commentator in the first stream I watched picked up on this. I didn't see him out of his seat for the entire match. I did miss 15 mins at the end of the first half due to stream down. I made a note to keep looking to see if he did get up but cannot recall it happening. I was primarily focused on the game so may have missed if he did. So apologies if i'm wrong.

He didn't seem to be up for it today from that perspective anyway. Disappointing from him if so and disappointing day overall.

What a pathetic squad...we have coasted the season on the backs of 5-6 good players. I couldn't bother to comment on any of the turd that trotted out there today...bar Trippier...every time I see his sorry face I wanna puke.
What kind of training has Poch being doing with these backups, they are not fit to play in league one. And why sell a player like dembele for 9 freaking million when his presence could have given us some hope in this dire patch and perhaps rescued the season.

I really cant see Poch sticking around this summer, same with toby and eriksen...the bald one has blown it proper...the stadium becoming a poisoned chalice already...don't see how we rebuild quickly and keep the likes of Kane and Ali beyond next season with no Poch and no major signings. .

Winning domestic trophies matters to the really small clubs for whom it's a huge deal to have any excitement, or to the really big clubs for whom collecting trophies is part of building their aura and dynasty. We are neither. We are growing our business and brand, trying to become one of the really big clubs, and we need money more than anything. That's the truth of it.
...and therein lies the problem... well, it's Levy's problem... but worryingly not his concern.

Spot on- winning the Carabao cup is not going to suddenly mean we will attract the top talent to sign for the club.

Clearly the priority is to get top 4 every year, whether the fans like it or not.
Yeah because we have attracted loads of top talent the last few years from being in the top 4 ....

If you can’t keep a clean sheet then it’s almost impossible to win with such a depleted front line, we gave two shite goals away and then missed two sitters.

It’s alarming to me how much better Foyth looks than Sanchez right now.

I stand by my opinions last summer.
37 injuries and the sale of Dembele later though, I’ve changed my view.

And?

People don’t get this is a business, it’s all their jobs, if at work you had a team and they were doing nicely and doing good job you wouldn’t get more and more in, if however people became long term sick and one of your better people retired then you would look to bring in help with team that’s all this is

Also people don’t get when you have a well oiled team the chance bringing someone into workplace fitting in and not detracting from rest is high especially halfway through a season, it’s not easy

Back
Top Bottom