Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are talking as if you are Daniel Levy or someone from the accounts department.

We are not progressing, we are stand still to going backward, wake up and stop sleep walking and stop dreaming.
3rd in the League, Champions League knockout stages, Cup semi-final...in as single season...is going backwards?

Christ, the new age fans are the worst.

Before you started supporting this club, I watched us lose 6-1 to Bolton.

Fucking backwards he says.

:dembele:

Agree.....anyone from the academy would be more useful than Llorente. Nice bloke Fernando .but he has been finished as a top striker since his Swansea days. I cannot understand why he was signed. Past it and doesn't suit Poch's tactics/style at all

Scored 14 goals for Swansea.

Fucking goldfish... Everywhere!

People can moan about the 'top 4 trophy' and all that, but getting CL qualification is still the most important thing for the club. You can keep complaining about it, but that's the reality of where we are and it's not something that anyone can realistically change. Going out of these cups again and again does sting but wont affect the future growth of the club as much as missing out on the CL would.

I think what most fans complain about is the way in which we go out of these cups. It is never through lack of quality. It is always through lack of mentality or lack of tactics.

when we signed llorente, having scored 15 times for a relegated team, thats what we thought we were getting (remember it was Pochettino that persuaded him to join us over chelsea)

we all have 20 20 vision with hindsight.

Pochettino's biggest flaw for me is that he sends the young players he thinks may not make it out on loan. I would have some of the ones he thinks will out on loan.

I accept the point on Llorente. I thought he was an excellent signing at the time but you do need 3 strikers, of differing quality.

Final thoughts: I'm honestly more angry at the injury gods than I am at Poch or most of our players today. I don't see the lineup as being an indictment on how much he cares, for example I see Eriksen being left out as simply a way to prevent breaking him as well.

This period really has highlighted who in the squad just isn't up to scratch though. So yeah, it would be nice to do something by the end of Thursday evening transfer-wise.

We got beat and deservedly so and for various reasons, missing players,not turning up til was too late late blah,blah but worse still will be the media and the “Pochettino has taken them far enough” shite that’s more fecking annoying and that’s all we will here until this Man Un rubbish is done and dusted.

Fucking shit. I was thinking, is this Poch fault, than I saw the bench, Lamela was the only player he could start over someone, and even he was shite. Sanchez brainless at first goal, KWP at second. Trippier misses the pen. It can't get worse than that.

SIGN SOMEONE!
My granny's free

We are all different though. I find people personally abusing our players as more like gooners. Whereas it don't seem to bother you.

I dont think, in the main, those that have a pop at players for playing like gobshites take pleasure in it

anyway, if i pay money to have a plumber repair my combi and the house explodes, he's not getting a round of applause.

I pointed out to John Thomas John Thomas that it gives the IMPRESSION that he takes pleasure in a loss. I make no comment on if he actually does. Im not one of the people that thinks he is a gooner.
he aint that much of a cunt

....and that's modern football's biggest shame.
it's become an elitist closed shop, where actually winning domestic Cups doesn't even matter any more!
...and those that do, are belittled for being 'small time'!

Seriously, what's the point of this modern greedy filthy rich bastardisation of the game?
Winning domestic trophies matters to the really small clubs for whom it's a huge deal to have any excitement, or to the really big clubs for whom collecting trophies is part of building their aura and dynasty. We are neither. We are growing our business and brand, trying to become one of the really big clubs, and we need money more than anything. That's the truth of it.

Back
Top Bottom