Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People can moan about the 'top 4 trophy' and all that, but getting CL qualification is still the most important thing for the club. You can keep complaining about it, but that's the reality of where we are and it's not something that anyone can realistically change. Going out of these cups again and again does sting but wont affect the future growth of the club as much as missing out on the CL would.
You are talking as if you are Daniel Levy or someone from the accounts department.

We are not progressing, we are stand still to going backward, wake up and stop sleep walking and stop dreaming.

A minimum of 29 years between FA Cup wins now. Completely let down by an atrocious display again, a game is 90 minutes. The first 45 were pathetic.

Fucking fuming. Never a problem losing. Always a problem losing like that.

Good to see Danny Rose having a laugh with Andross at the end. I’d like some of that as I ain’t fucking laughing. You cunt.

Bigger fish to fly when you lose your 3 best forwards, need to push Champions league as far as possible, enjoy that and make sure with finish top 4 hopefully 3rd

I’m off to watch Manchester by the Sea to cheer up

COYS

The club doesn't want to win domestic cups. Domestic cups would not make us "big". The club wants to win league and international trophies.

Poch not managing to motivate this team tonight makes it pretty clear he doesn't give a shit about the FA cup
The problem with that is we don't have the depth nor funds to win a title or champions league trophy.
We are not Man City or Real Madrid.

League Cup and FA is where we can pick up silverwear but as you said we just don't care.
It's an awful way to treat the fans who pay good money to see us play.

People can moan about the 'top 4 trophy' and all that, but getting CL qualification is still the most important thing for the club. You can keep complaining about it, but that's the reality of where we are and it's not something that anyone can realistically change. Going out of these cups again and again does sting but wont affect the future growth of the club as much as missing out on the CL would.
....and that's modern football's biggest shame.
it's become an elitist closed shop, where actually winning domestic Cups doesn't even matter any more!
...and those that do, are belittled for being 'small time'!
...and yet the irony of all of this, is that still the likes of Man City/Chelsea/Arse managed to somehow win the FA Cup, and pretend like they didn't care!

It seems we're the only ones who feign disinterest in the Cups, and yet also manage not to win any of them!
Seriously, what's the point of this modern greedy filthy rich bastardisation of the game?

The club doesn't want to win domestic cups. Domestic cups would not make us "big". The club wants to win league and international trophies.

Spot on- winning the Carabao cup is not going to suddenly mean we will attract the top talent to sign for the club.

Clearly the priority is to get top 4 every year, whether the fans like it or not.

You and a few others were all over it last summer, don't lie. Everyone saw it, christ in heaven. You ridiculed those who said we needed reinforcements constantly, inventing points of view that people didn't have (spend 100 million, sign Messi and so on and so).

Thee mess we have now has its roots last summer. The vast majority of Spurs fans know this

I stand by my opinions last summer.
37 injuries and the sale of Dembele later though, I’ve changed my view.

And?

You are talking as if you are Daniel Levy or someone from the accounts department.

We are not progressing, we are stand still to going backward, wake up and stop sleep walking and stop dreaming.
Not progressing? We've progressed hugely over the last 5 years. It's been some of the fastest progress the club has made in decades.

One poor first half is football, two in a row is taking the piss and that’s down to one person.

If you are not bothering with the FA cup then say so publicly Poch then I can choose whether to not to bother turning up like the team you pick each season.

I don’t think its too unreasonable to expect our team to at least try. I think most of us want to win this competition.

Back
Top Bottom