Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All it shows is most are reserves are way below standards
Agreed

Our effective 3rd XI against their 2nd (and as 2 of them are returners almost 1stxi)

Our 3rds should be weak

What surprised me was the legs on Palace today - I expected them to tire and they didn't. Kudos, they played to their strengths (including a disgrace of a pitch that I'm gobsmacked the PL still allow), we looked weak, tired and understrength

The reason why the squad won't get strengthened will be because over the next 4 weeks Son is back, Wanyama, Sissoko and Dier return to full fitness, and Dele and Harry are back by mid March. Moneyball Levy looks at that, reckons we are going out v BVB, and goes why spend money, unless we get the VdV style signing in the next few days

Doesn't make me feel any less shit going out this early in the cup, against them as well.

rtS4Qas.jpg
Mind is bigger, won't fit on screen.

I dont think, in the main, those that have a pop at players for playing like gobshites take pleasure in it

anyway, if i pay money to have a plumber repair my combi and the house explodes, he's not getting a round of applause.

I pointed out to John Thomas John Thomas that it gives the IMPRESSION that he takes pleasure in a loss. I make no comment on if he actually does. Im not one of the people that thinks he is a gooner.
he aint that much of a cunt
No, I meant abusing them not because of a crap performance. To me personal abuse of our own players isn't a good way to support the team.

The only thing that attracts top talent is shit loads of money being thrown at them, and possibly CL football. They don't give a fuck if it's Tottenham, Liverpool, the Arse or Chelski based on past achievements.

Levy needs to pay the money, which he won't I fear, or we will drop further and further back in the years to come.
That is what I am saying but we have quite few deluded fans.

Has there ever been a Spurs manager in history who's gotten away with as much?

That's harsh tbh. I agree with all those who say we need to be winning some cups alongside all the top 4 finishes and it's frustrating that the manager doesn't seem to fussed by the cups, but i am very grateful for the top team we have become under Poch

That's harsh tbh. I agree with all those who say we need to be winning some cups alongside all the top 4 finishes and it's frustrating that the manager doesn't seem to fussed by the cups, but i am very grateful for the top team we have become under Poch

I couldn't give a shit about trophies.

And I too am grateful for what Pochettino has made us.

Well lads, that's the strength of our reserves! On the strength of today, they'd struggle in the Championship. I don't see a future for anyone in that team today. I'll give Skipp the benefit of the doubt. Even he shouldn't have pulled out of the challenge that led to the first goal.

All those delusionists that said we didn't need to strengthen the squad last summer - your thoughts please?

At least we'll have Lloris, Sissoko, Winks, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Rose, Eriksen and Son back for Wednesday.

Three points please - it won't be easy.

Sanchez - 22
Foyth - 20
Skipp - 18
Wanyama - first game back for how long & has proven to be an important player in the past
Walker-Peters - bar the brain fart for the penalty I thought he showed some really promising signs
Lucas - I thought he was a threat and didn't play badly to be fair, minus the choke in stepping up to take the penalty

The result and first half was diabolical but the pace of the 2nd half pleased me even if a few just ain't up to the requirements needed long term, and I think we know who those players are

That was pretty pathetic, not going to lie, that was our most probable chance of winning a trophy and we have gone out because of a shit first half performance, just like the Chelsea game.

Irrespective of what you think of our first 11 it is incredibly clear that either now, or in the summer, we need some quality backup options in our squad that can rotate on a regular basis.

The idea that we can't improve because our team is too good is utter bollocks, I am a glass half full kind of guy but honestly, it's nonsense to suggest we can't improve.

We need a proven backup striker that won't just play second fiddle to Kane but will actually get some regular games, someone like Zaha who can play as a winger/striker (not saying Zaha is the right option, just saying, someone of his type) either beside him in the team or as a replacement to rest Harry when he is tired.

We need investment in midfield, letting Dembele go before the summer is looking like a terrible idea, we could have used him, even in a limited capacity until then tbh and Trippier is shockingly poor, he needs some competition on that right side, our secondary options are woeful and we can't be looking like fodder when we get some injuries like this.

I understand we have lost basically our 3 best forward players and that would trip any club up but the top clubs at least have players that can come in and make some sort of impact, any kind of impact on a game, we seem to lack that in abundance.

Annoyed as fuck but not surprised we are out.

Back
Top Bottom