Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not even angry over the game today, but I’m sad and despair that some people think the cups aren’t even worth trying to win.

What’s the point then? We aren’t good or consistent enough for the league or CL.

After 37 injuries that has culminated in a fucking tyre fire of a week (right when we play cup games, of all times) - I think we'll look back at this and see that we were hamstrung (no pun intended) by the football gods to a massive degree. The semi final loss against United last season made me furious, but the Chelsea one this year really doesn't.

It's not a particularly 'glorious' sentiment, but given everything that has gone against us this season it's just a case of getting top 4 secured and getting into that new stadium that matters the most. It has to be better next season with a couple of new faces bedded in to improve the squad, no Wembley, and almost certainly fewer injuries (helped in no small part by the fact there is no international competition in the summer).

We have been consisntently in top 4, why aren't we winning those cups though?
We’ve been “consistently” in the top four for only 3 years. Our success, relatively speaking, is still fleeting. If we want more depth to help compete on multiple fronts, we need income to support it. Up until the last year or so, every other top 6 sides wage bill has been higher than our turnover.

You can throw everything at cups and pull a Leeds or Portsmouth or Wigan, or you can give yourself a lot more bites at the cherry by building a solid base for long term growth and stability.

The first 45 today was abysmal and embarrassing, and fans should keep demanding silverware because what else is there, but big picture we are still in the middle of a massive project.

Anyway, out of 2 cups in 3 days, I would say make it 3 and out of CL because: 1. We have so many injuries. 2. We have no chance winning it (pls see Carabao and FA cups).
Let's make sure to get top 4. The season will count as below average.
As for the stadium, Levy should make it is ready this season for the fans to cheer up for something.

What the fuck is the point you’re trying to make? That because we haven’t won in ages we should just expect us to not win ever again? This team over the past few years without a doubt had/has the quality to win at least 1 trophy. To say otherwise is just laughable
You don't get given trophies because you have a good team, you have to win the fucking things...

First goal. Skipp and Sanchez need to show more determination. But our man Tripper, mate goal side......

Second goal. At that level is that handball acceptable ? Jenas being really kind doing KWP a right favour with his hand in the face shit. Most people will buy that. And many won’t care. Idiotic.

Penalty. Why is Trippier on penalty duty ? Seriously why ?

Otherwise, 4 attempts on target. Against a 40 year old third choice keeper.

I feel sorry for our fans who stood in the cold today watching that bollocks.

After 37 injuries that has culminated in a fucking tyre fire of a week (right when we play cup games, of all times) - I think we'll look back at this and see that we were hamstrung (no pun intended) by the football gods to a massive degree. The semi final loss against United last season made me furious, but the Chelsea one this year really doesn't.

It's not a particularly 'glorious' sentiment, but given everything that has gone against us this season it's just a case of getting top 4 secured and getting into that new stadium that matters the most. It has to be better next season with a couple of new faces bedded in to improve the squad, no Wembley, and almost certainly fewer injuries (helped in no small part by the fact there is no international competition in the summer).
The loss to United last year was 1000x worse than Thursday and today combined. That’s been the only cup match where Poch really fucked up (outside of the Woolwich one in his first year).

We’ve won fuck all for ages, I don’t understand this mentality of being snobbish to a Trophy

It's not fan snobbery. It's the modern football landscape.

Ever ask yourselves why the alleged "nothing to play for" mid-table mainstays aren't all out for domestic silverware each year???

First goal. Skipp and Sanchez need to show more determination. But our man Tripper, mate goal side......

Second goal. At that level is that handball acceptable ? Jenas being really kind doing KWP a right favour with his hand in the face shit. Most people will buy that. And many won’t care. Idiotic.

Penalty. Why is Trippier on penalty duty ? Seriously why ?

Otherwise, 4 attempts on target. Against a 40 year old third choice keeper.

I feel sorry for our fans who stood in the cold today watching that bollocks.

Fucker gave goals away for free against Liverpool. But this is the new Spursy. Teams put up more of a fight. Well, that’s how it seems. Today we did help that by being so fucking inept.

Son has basically said that he is running on fumes. He said he couldn't sleep properly over there or anything.

Poch said he omitted Eriksen because he is very tired.

They are not machines.

OK so Sonny is running on fumes & Christian was very tired so we can expect not to see them against Watford during the week? I'm sorry but I work my bollocks off as I'm sure others do and o never get away with the excuse of being tired.

For 10 minutes in case they are needed they should be on the bench when the likes of Dele and Kane are injured.

I'm not saying they should start but a 10 minute spell if we are chasin the game I definitely think can be expected of a professional athlete if it's just fatigue. I'll trust Pochettinos judgement but I don't hear about many other teams that have so many tired players that they can't make a 10 minute spell of football in case they are required

Back
Top Bottom