Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well yeah, obviously. We could be Coventry City, or under siege from Islamist mentals or dying from diphtheria.

But given where we have been, it's a fucking mess and as far as I can see, our Chairman and (maybe to a lesser extent or an equal one, you can debate that point) our manager are responsible
No back up for Kane or other positions, this NFL ground is killing us. I can’t have this Levy guy at all he tries everything on the cheap and still gets his bonus. Heart breaking watching that today. We need owners that want to win. TV was nearly moved into garden through patio doors!

Son at left wing back against Chelsea ...
I don’t really blame Poch for that because he didn’t have a lot of options and if Son hadn’t made a incredibly dumb challenge in the box it probably would have been fine.

The last two Chelsea goals were also fucking ridiculous in that match.

Chelsea also won the title that year. United last year were secretly shit, despite finishing 2nd.

Ya, forgot about that second leg. Allegri completely flummoxed Poch with some relatively basic tactical changes. Thanks for reminding me.

:pochsulk:

At least Poch made a couple subs earlier today, including one at half!

Was it tactical or is Jan injured? Because that’s all we fucking need

What fucks me off most is people confusing realism - I. E. The league being more important this season with cl guaranteed next season - with not wanting to win trophies. Of course we all want to win trophies but this season literally everything has gone against us. That's not to say it doesn't make me want to cry when we play like today and want to personally sell Eric dier and Sanchez as sexual slaves to trump. Let's hope we pull a performance out vs Watford on Wednesday.

I’m not even angry over the game today, but I’m sad and despair that some people think the cups aren’t even worth trying to win.

What’s the point then? We aren’t good or consistent enough for the league or CL.

The one that really gets on my tits is when people mug off the UEFA Cup.

Except neither I, nor anyone else, has ever, ever said anything remotely similar.

Are you ever going to stop utterly inventing other people's arguments? It's beyond weird
Oh dear oh dear oh dear Bill

Both in the summer and on Sunday I've talked about buying ONE FUCKING PLAYER in central midfield, STOP FUCKING INVENTING other people's opinions

Such a shame, but better luck next time

*waits for explanation about how one player meant four players*

You don't get given trophies because you have a good team, you have to win the fucking things...
Yes which is why I originally said we shouldn’t be snobs to trophies like the FA cup??? Then you started this random conversation and made no points at all then did a full circle and somehow ended up agreeing with my main point... the fuck lol

Was it tactical or is Jan injured? Because that’s all we fucking need
I’m assuming tactics considering the first half performance.

Probably some man management as well. Not a shock that Verts and Dier came off. He’s really trying to juggle the squad at the moment. That’s why players like Skipp, GKN got the full 90 and why Dier was replaced by Wanyama.

It's not fan snobbery. It's the modern football landscape.

Ever ask yourselves why the alleged "nothing to play for" mid-table mainstays aren't all out for domestic silverware each year???
Maybe because they probably don’t have teams good enough to win it, we do though

Fuck off with your new fans jibe, assuming we dont win the League or the European Cup, this is the longest we've gone without a trophy SINCE THE WAR

Has there ever been a Spurs manager in history who's gotten away with as much?

The fact that

David Pleat
Glen Hoddle
Jacques Santini
Martin Jol
Juande Ramos
Harry Redknapp
Tim Sherwood and
Pocchetino

Have only mustered on league cup between then suggests something's rotten at the top though, doesn't it

Poch:

"It was a fair result. They scored and we didn’t. I can’t say anything about that. We can talk about possession and shots but if you don’t score you don’t deserve to win games."

"We came from a crazy fixture schedule and we were forced to make some changes. We knew it would be a tough season for us but not as tough as it has been. We’re out of two competitions since Wednesday and we’re disappointed."

"People wish that in the end we win some trophies, but realistically we are doing so well. To win a title here in England like the FA Cup or Carabao Cup is to have luck as well as quality in your squad."

"Again we’re going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don’t agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four."

I'm sure a nonce will disagree with this post.

Last edited:
Yes which is why I originally said we shouldn’t be snobs to trophies like the FA cup??? Then you started this random conversation and made no points at all then did a full circle and somehow ended up agreeing with my main point... the fuck lol
Should have used the new gif...

Back
Top Bottom