Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here is a question would spurs fans rather win a few cups in a few years or rather keep getting knocked out and happy finishing 3rd and 4th

You'll have to be more specific.

Where are we finishing when winning "a few cups" ?

I would rather went into every season focusing on the League and Champions League than the domestic cups. 100%

Andros wanted to go because he wasn't playing. Same with Chadli. I wish we had kept both of them.

NAAAH....

AT got trf listed for having a tantrum at one of Poch's crew during a game.

Andros was largely shite for us which was pretty unanimous at the time we sold him.

Last edited:
Here is a question would spurs fans rather win a few cups in a few years or rather keep getting knocked out and happy finishing 3rd and 4th
Consistently finishing 3rd and 4th is what puts you in a position to win cups. How many teams outside the top 4 have won a domestic cup in the last 10 years? Wigan, Birmingham ... that's it I think.

Unfortunately football has become showbiz now and all the older ideals have changed. It seems as though money is now the key element and with this in mind, we have possibly the worst chairman of all time.
I've been a Spurs fan all my life and no matter how they perform, they'll always be. I seriously doubt we have a chance in the CL so why not really go for FA Cup.?

Im not saying it aint happened, and please dont bring me up tons of quotes, but i cant recall players getting shit other than for their performances on the pitch, or for crap like getting photo'd in chelsea shirts or whatever.
Yeah that's why I said we see things differently. I dont think personally abusing our players is a good way to support the team. You don't seem bothered by it. Each to their own.

2nd half pleased me
Easily pleased!

Skipp pulled out of the challenge that led to the first goal. Sanchez then got muscled off the ball.

Generally Skipp was poor trying to replicate what Winks does. Him and Dier gave up posession multiple times. Wanyama came on took over from Dier!

Foyth - OK.

KWP played out of position and was miserable. Every Palace defender knew he would check back onto his right foot and played accordingly. Only he knows what he was doing with the hand-ball!

The rest pretty abysmal.

I repeat, on the evidence of today's 'performance' that team would struggle in the Championship.

It was in reply to Bill...he's the one who said we were in a mess...I'm saying that as messes go we could be in a lot worse of a one...
Well yeah, obviously. We could be Coventry City, or under siege from Islamist mentals or dying from diphtheria.

But given where we have been, it's a fucking mess and as far as I can see, our Chairman and (maybe to a lesser extent or an equal one, you can debate that point) our manager are responsible

Back
Top Bottom