Standing still is falling behind

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's actually against it and believes we will win the league this season
We won’t win the league this season - that much is clear. We haven’t won the league in 134 out of the 136 years we’ve existed. We’ve spent loads of money in the past. Read the Glory Game. We were the richest club in England during the ‘60’s but no league titles since the beginning of that decade. It’s how you spend the money you’ve got. Why crucify Sammy for bigging up our chances? He might well be wrong, but it’s better than hearing that if we’d spent a few quid we’d have 5 or 6 titles - if history is the judge, we wouldn’t have. We should have done better in those days, when we had an advantage. We’re right down the pecking order these days, but we’re still fighting. I like that.

We won’t win the league this season - that much is clear. We haven’t won the league in 134 out of the 136 years we’ve existed. We’ve spent loads of money in the past. Read the Glory Game. We were the richest club in England during the ‘60’s but no league titles since the beginning of that decade. It’s how you spend the money you’ve got. Why crucify Sammy for bigging up our chances? He might well be wrong, but it’s better than hearing that if we’d spent a few quid we’d have 5 or 6 titles - if history is the judge, we wouldn’t have. We should have done better in those days, when we had an advantage. We’re right down the pecking order these days, but we’re still fighting. I like that.
Because he turns on the team and manager when we don't win the league and slates others as not being real fans for not believing that we can win the league. In his opinion you're no longer a real fan, because you don't think we can win the league

Because he turns on the team and manager when we don't win the league and slates others as not being real fans for not believing that we can win the league. In his opinion you're no longer a real fan, because you don't think we can win the league
Yes, he’s done that in the past, but so have you. And I have recently. We need to stick together. We’re Spurs. Constructive criticism is welcomed.

How can I turn on the team and manager for not winning the PL and then not want signings?
Thinking we can win it at our best isn’t demanding it.

I’m not the entitled little brat that keeps switching off games at half time in December and writing seasons off in a huff, then slating the club every window.

I’ve never said someone isn’t a real fan if they don’t think we can win the league.
I’ve said I’m sick of Jonny come latelys, who weren’t born Spurs that think they can sit there and call my club an embarrassing joke.
To those people I say, fuck off and choose another team then because it’s obviously that easy.

Joe Clash was going when you could hop the turnstiles, don’t bother trying to make out I see you and him in the same level.

I told you yesterday, you’re no better because you slate people that YOU think are fair game.

I called Kane Rasaik.
You called Levy a cunt.

You can think what you fucking want about Levy, but you’re not any better than me about it.

Why crucify Sammy for bigging up our chances? He might well be wrong, but it’s better than hearing that if we’d spent a few quid we’d have 5 or 6 titles - if history is the judge, we wouldn’t have. .
Although I could ask why do you keep crucifying me for bigging up the size and history of our club. Just as you did, again, in the Poch thread the other day.
After all, Its better to fail aiming high, than to succeed aiming low.

Although I could ask why do you keep crucifying me for bigging up the size and history of our club. Just as you did, again, in the Poch thread the other day.
After all, Its better to fail aiming high, than to succeed aiming low.
Coz I know it brother John - like we all do. We don’t need no cheerleaders. Again, why have a go at Sammy? Shouldn’t you be on the same page? He’s saying we can win the league - as far as I can gather you don’t so stop with the history bollocks - we all know it. It’s about time we stopped reading about it and started making some. Why criticise a bloke who thinks we’re good enough? His opinions bear out your expectations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom