Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People seem to forget that there was a team in front of us today that worked their bollocks off to stop us playing, same as West Brom. Kane being out (and perhaps Toby) is clearly an issue, but I thought we did okay today. We're one point off top spot so the league is well within reach at this point of the season.

....and yet Liverpool managed to score twice against the same INPENETRABLE WALL!!!

I'm not saying that yesterday's or last week's draws were definite signs we can't still have a good season... but we clearly have trouble breaking these defences down... when others manage to score with gay abandon!!

What is it now... 40+ shots and 1 goal to show for it???

SUCH a shame Janssen is being burdened with covering for Kane... rather than fighting him for a spot and playing on merit, he KNOWS he's in the squad by virtue of Kane's absence... that's not really much of a motivation!

To be fair no one is whining. Only the whiners about the non existent whiners. It makes the whiners about the non existent whiners feel better.
If spurs disappoint people they seem to have found comfort in having a go at so called melter's. It is their way of venting.
We all need an outlet.

So, pretending we are saying sack poch & sell the whole team makes some feel better.
Even if we only really said we didn't play our best & are capable of a lot more.

....and yet Liverpool managed to score twice against the same INPENETRABLE WALL!!!

I'm not saying that yesterday's or last week's draws were definite signs we can't still have a good season... but we clearly have trouble breaking these defences down... when others manage to score with gay abandon!!

SUCH a shame Janssen is being burdened with covering for Kane... rather than fighting him for a spot and playing on merit, he KNOWS he's in the squad by virtue of Kane's absence... that's not really much of a motivation!
It couldn't be that liverpool have a better attack than us could it? & we have a better defence.

Our attack is obviously something we can improve a lot on.
Where as our defence can't really get much better than it already is.

On reflection I find it strange that against WBA we nearly conceded more times and nearly scored more times ( foster saved them) than Bournemouth or us had really good goal scoring chances. Yet WBA parked the bus and Bournemouth played Football.
Did Poch concentrate on improving our defensive capabilities after the WBA match? We just did not look as dangerous yesterday.

I know we are pretty much rock solid at the back, just seem to be missing a bit of magic upfront but then Harry Kane, the golden boot winner has been out... pretty much says it all don't it.
If he ain't back soon Heard Adebayor is available on a free come January!
:adethumbup:

All seem to forget Liverpool players, only have Flopps genitals to play with in the week. Their Players are pleased and rested. We are doing so poor, we are 1 point of the top, unbeaten in th PL, are excellent at the back and are in a good position to get out the CL group stage. With two players to return this will lift us. We need to keep amongst top runners and when things click then they are in fighting distance.

Wenger just said about the scum result ' we are not happy with it but at least we did not lose it' I think that is also Poch's position on our match. Apart from the Lloris save early on and a header over the bar late on, we did not look like conceding. However there were few real chances to score. Think the number of matches is catching up on us and some of the players will now get a rest in midweek. We need to win our next match v Leicester
And what a lift that would give everyone . Big game , big performance I expect.

All seem to forget Liverpool players, only have Flopps genitals to play with in the week. Their Players are pleased and rested. We are doing so poor, we are 1 point of the top, unbeaten in th PL, are excellent at the back and are in a good position to get out the CL group stage. With two players to return this will lift us. We need to keep amongst top runners and when things click then they are in fighting distance.

Very true....and as harry once said, just enough distance to pounce....

12950439_963475483760689_896828487_n.jpg

Looking at Janssen's YouTube vids, he scores most often when attacking from wide or deep central positions. Maybe he's not a #9 at all, but more of an attacking midfielder?

Even if we only really said we didn't play our best & are capable of a lot more.

No that's not what was said - that much is obvious. It's the expectation of some folk that we have a right to beat certain teams in the middle of a difficult run of away games. They're entitled to those expectations and I'm entitled to counter them. It's not a way of venting - it's just a difference of opinion.

I know that it only really counts in May... but it wouldn't half have been nice to be top for the weekend... especially after the Man City/Arse results...

talking of which, yesterday was a POINT for us... some are calling it a good point...
I'm not s'sure... Southampton & Middlesbro' earned GOOD POINTS this weekend...
ours still feels like 2 dropped!

Still, at least no one made too much ground on us! (unless Chelsea are about to beat man Utd by 3 or more goals, in which case it might be an even more painful 2 points dropped!)

I know that it only really counts in May... but it wouldn't half have been nice to be top for the weekend... especially after the Man City/Arse results...

talking of which, yesterday was a POINT for us... some are calling it a good point...

Still, at least no one made too much ground on us! (unless Chelsea are about to beat man Utd by 3 or more goals, in which case it might be an even more painful 2 points dropped!)

Bournemouth did very well yesterday. They are bang on form and if they can repeat this perfomance against the other top teams they will get more teams.

We have reached a point of the seasons where the lesser teams manage to get points vs the top
teams as the respect has gone. Boro, Cherries and Soton got points, WBA was close. Burnley got all three.

Next weekend it could continue:

29.10:
Sunderland - Woolwich
Man U - Burnley
Spurs - Leicester
WBA - Man C
Palace - Pool
Everton - WH
Soton - Chelsea

I predict tough games for Woolwich, City, Pool and Chelsea. Our game obviously too.

Move on, we dropped two points yesterday, so did others. All top teams will slip up.

After today's result it looks like this:

1. City 20p +11
2. Woolwich 20p +10
3. Pool 20p +9
4. Spurs 19p +9

Worth mentioning is that if the Chavs beat United with 3 goals or more they can get ahead of us on GD. All a bit academic on this stage. Overall we have had a good start, and we're in a good position to challenge.

Bournemouth did very well yesterday. They are bang on form and if they can repeat this perfomance against the other top teams they will get more teams.

We have reached a point of the seasons where the lesser teams manage to get points vs the top
teams as the respect has gone. Boro, Cherries and Soton got points, WBA was close. Burnley got all three.

Next weekend it could continue:

29.10:
Sunderland - Woolwich
Man U - Burnley
Spurs - Leicester
WBA - Man C
Palace - Pool
Everton - WH
Soton - Chelsea

I predict tough games for Woolwich, City, Pool and Chelsea. Our game obviously too.

Move on, we dropped two points yesterday, so did others. All top teams will slip up.
Granted, sometimes the smaller teams raise their game enough to grab a point or three from the favourites. However, at the start of the season, when the clubs are going through the fixture list, looking to see where they should pick up points, I'd be stunned if Woolwich, Liverpool and City didn't have these matches down for three points.

And if they don't get those three points, I'll bet that this would disappoint them, no matter what the other results hold. One thing is for sure, some of the people on here saying "there's no easy games anymore" will be straight on the Woolwich thread laughing at their inability to beat Sunderland.

After today's result it looks like this:

1. City 20p +11
2. Woolwich 20p +10
3. Pool 20p +9
4. Spurs 19p +9

Worth mentioning is that if the Chavs beat United with 3 goals or more they can get ahead of us on GD. All a bit academic on this stage. Overall we have had a good start, and we're in a good position to challenge.
And if we'd played to near our potential in the last two games, we'd be three points clear. These dropped points are always academic until we look back in May and say to ourselves "if only" when we lose out on something major by a couple of points.

Granted, sometimes the smaller teams raise their game enough to grab a point or three from the favourites. However, at the start of the season, when the clubs are going through the fixture list, looking to see where they should pick up points, I'd be stunned if Woolwich, Liverpool and City didn't have these matches down for three points.

And if they don't get those three points, I'll bet that this would disappoint them, no matter what the other results hold. One thing is for sure, some of the people on here saying "there's no easy games anymore" will be straight on the Woolwich thread laughing at their inability to beat Sunderland.

We're disappointed, but Woolwich and City were too. You think the Scousers were happy when they lost to Burnley.

It happens to everyone. It's ok to feel disappointment, but you need to give the 'lesser' teams some credit where it's due too.

And if we'd played to near our potential in the last two games, we'd be three points clear. These dropped points are always academic until we look back in May and say to ourselves "if only" when we lose out on something major by a couple of points.

You make it sound like the same wasn't the case for City and Woolwich at home. If expected results would go in, City would still be first. We're 1 point behind, could be better, but could be much worse.

Statistics are very interesting.
30% possession in final 1/3 leads to only 5% of a shot . This has only a 35% chance of being on target but 65% chance of the move breaking down . Moving the play to the left will increase this ratio by 10% . A cross from the right has a 8% less chance of being effective
Playing before lunchtime reduces an effective response to a counterattack by 8% .
As Bob said the answers " Are blowing in the wind " but after 2.30 bob could be your uncle.
......and its all 100%:bollocks.

Chavs and Liverpool, we all understood they had no distractions so would benifit. Why are we all surpised.

Going top would heap a whole lot of preasure which we proberbly couodnt handle ?

weeks rest, come out fighting. Its all about freshness of the players not the quality?

Back
Top Bottom