Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you not be happier right now three points clear with a couple of 2-0 wins in the bag than you are after two ropey draws?

Speaking for myself and hopefully a number of the "melters" all I'm saying is we should be targeting six points from the last couple of games. And better performances in attack. On the flip side, getting three points against City was an unexpected bonus, the kind that's the difference between 4th and 1st. Drawing against West Brom and Bournemouth is the difference between 1st and 4th.

Yes I would have been happier with 6 points but content with where we are and how we're playing!

Very optimistic for the season and pleased with how far we've come under Poch

So I do get pissed off with the melters!

I accept I'm being simplistic. I just don't subscribe to the idea that when anyone attached to Spurs, management or players, looked at these last two fixtures they thought "I'll not be disappointed with two draws as these are teams I don't expect us to beat".

I'd be heartbroken if the players or manager thought the last two performances were acceptable. I understand the tiredness factor of playing in midweek, but drawing these matches just cannot be the limit of our ambition.

No one is saying the two draws are the limits of our ambition

But equally they weren't bad results and didn't deserve the ridiculous melting that appeared during the game

Reread it and you will see

Yes I would have been happier with 6 points but content with where we are and how we're playing!

Very optimistic for the season and pleased with how far we've come under Poch

So I do get pissed off with the melters!
You did go a bit disagree crazy. But if you are happy with insipid performances leading to dropped points, you carry on. Not everyone that points out we should have played better should be classed as a Melter and not everyone who thinks a draw to Bournemouth is a good point should be classed as a fucking know nothing hippy.

No one is saying the two draws are the limits of our ambition

But equally they weren't bad results and didn't deserve the ridiculous melting that appeared during the game

Reread it and you will see
They were bad results. League champions generally tend to win these matches. There are exceptions, but most teams with ambition feel they can beat Bournemouth.

Ive certainly no appetite to read a thread about it anyway.

You did go a bit disagree crazy. But if you are happy with insipid performances leading to dropped points, you carry on. Not everyone that points out we should have played better should be classed as a Melter and not everyone who thinks a draw to Bournemouth is a good point should be classed as a fucking know nothing hippy.

I was mentored by ArceSpace the disagree master!
:dembelefingers:

But I disagree with our performances being "insipid"

They could have been better granted but two of our best players were injured against Bournemouth and I thought we we were the better side!

No not everyone who pointed out we should have played was a melter but some of the comments

"Dogshit performance"

"Atrocious "

"Lamela doesn't add anything "

Etc etc etc

Ad finitum

Ad nauseam

Are ridiculous and they emanate from the same posters

Like I said reread the thread

:pochrolleyes:

I was mentored by ArceSpace the disagree master!
:dembelefingers:

But I disagree with our performances being "insipid"

They could have been better granted but two of our best players were injured against Bournemouth and I thought we we were the better side!

No not everyone who pointed out we should have played was a melter but some of the comments

"Dogshit performance"

"Atrocious "

"Lamela doesn't add anything "

Etc etc etc

Ad finitum

Ad nauseam

Are ridiculous and they emanate from the same posters

Like I said reread the thread

:pochrolleyes:
No. can't be arsed. I'll happily accept we differ in opinion. We can look back in May and decide then if these points mattered or not. Hopefully they won't.

There is a bit of a middle ground here. People who said they were not happy with the performance are completely right, and the two draws are not what we hoped for or expected, but the way some on here were 'melting' like we have some god given right to get the six points was way over the top as well.

Back
Top Bottom