Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The ironic shite of this is , Chavs and Liverpool were crap last season and have no EL or CL footy. We achived so much and our squad is short and needs a few more players not because of quality ite the resting thing.

After today's result it looks like this:

1. City 20p +11
2. Woolwich 20p +10
3. Pool 20p +9
4. Spurs 19p +9

Worth mentioning is that if the Chavs beat United with 3 goals or more they can get ahead of us on GD. All a bit academic on this stage. Overall we have had a good start, and we're in a good position to challenge.
Spurs 19p we are at least worth 2 bob?

Spurs 19p we are at least worth 2 bob?

I'm very relaxed about our position. We will have Dembele getting back to match fitness, an eager Harry up front soon again and the best defender in the league to return.

I don't mind the rest of them forgetting about us again.

Chavs and Liverpool, we all understood they had no distractions so would benifit.
weeks rest, come out fighting.
Its all about freshness of the players not the quality?

Dunno about a WEWKS rest... 3 days more like (for a few!) ... Well at least US and Liverpool are in the same boat this week!

No that's not what was said - that much is obvious. It's the expectation of some folk that we have a right to beat certain teams in the middle of a difficult run of away games. They're entitled to those expectations and I'm entitled to counter them. It's not a way of venting - it's just a difference of opinion.
It wasn't aimed at you. I agree with you that any one can drop pt's away in the premiership.
We didn't play well & a draw was fair in the end.

It was aimed at the one's calling everyone melter's if anyone says we didn't play well etc.

Still, at least no one made too much ground on us! (unless Chelsea are about to beat man Utd by 3 or more goals, in which case it might be an even more painful 2 points dropped!)

:kaneshh::pochfacepalm:

Sometimes I wonder if the anti-Spurs footballing Gods actually do read the internet!

Sorry 'bout that... it would've ended 0-0 if I hadn't opened my trap!

While it's a shame we only grabbed a point yesterday, it's a decent point. Bournemouth aren't the whipping boys they were last year and our rivals will have a lot to do to get three points at The Vitality.

this is my "having slept on it" response. I was proper pissed off yesterday. 1 Point off the top still...

I know that it only really counts in May... but it wouldn't half have been nice to be top for the weekend... especially after the Man City/Arse results...

talking of which, yesterday was a POINT for us... some are calling it a good point...
I'm not s'sure... Southampton & Middlesbro' earned GOOD POINTS this weekend...
ours still feels like 2 dropped!

Still, at least no one made too much ground on us! (unless Chelsea are about to beat man Utd by 3 or more goals, in which case it might be an even more painful 2 points dropped!)
You are in for a tortious year mate. The current top 8 are now set. Positions however are going to swap more frequently than my panini spares when I was 12yrs old. The only thing that matters is if we are in the hunt in 7 months time.
Forgive me for saying this but you don't seem to be enjoying the fact that we are very much in the mix, being one point off the top and having our best start to a league in a generation.

:kaneshh::pochfacepalm:

Sometimes I wonder if the anti-Spurs footballing Gods actually do read the internet!

Sorry 'bout that... it would've ended 0-0 if I hadn't opened my trap!

I know you cursed it! :pochrolleyes:
Still after our draw I'm pretty happy to still be 1 point off top!
Granted it Would have been nice to go into work and be able to put it to the Chavs and scousers but I'm sure once we get Harry back and on form then we will have the bragging rights!!

I know you cursed it! :pochrolleyes:
Still after our draw I'm pretty happy to still be 1 point off top!
Granted it Would have been nice to go into work and be able to put it to the Chavs and scousers but I'm sure once we get Harry back and on form then we will have the bragging rights!!
A draw away to the cherries is better than a draw at home to boro.
Positive thinking!

Forgive me for saying this but you don't seem to be enjoying the fact that we are very much in the mix, being one point off the top and having our best start to a league in a generation.

No, I'm loving it... I just don't wanna get to May ruing some of the points we dropped... 'cos we've definitely been THERE before!

But yes, I see your point. We are a good team, full of Internationals... new ground being readied... and we're DEFINITELY going places...
What's not to like?

Even Poch said these are the games we should be winning in the post match interview, is he a melt, does he make our club look bad?

We are a good side but we have a manager who wants us to be the best, we have not had that probably in my lifetime, our defence is amazing but our attack is still short of that bit of extra quality and that is the difference between a genuine title challenge this season and a top 4 challenge.

People are not melting, they are not saying I will not longer support the club after that performance or anything along those lines, they are just frustrated that we have come up short again when given the opportunity to go top. Like most things people will have a beer and a sleep and it will probably be forgotten about by tomorrow.

I get what you're saying Tomo but have another look at this thread!

Too many melters!

Thought we played shit. This should have been a tough but eventual win.

Awful performance, awful in attack. Need a massive boost for Liverpool/Woolwich.

Sometimes it's better to lose a game and get a kick up the arse than just carry on going unbeaten. 1 loss and 1 win ends up giving you more than 2 draws. Feel like, in a strange way, much like last year at Stoke (I believe?), we'd have benefited more from losing today - some of the performances today was shocking.

Shocking????

Bollocks!

Some below par performances from Eriksen, Lamela and Son yes but that's all!

Positives include Walker, Wanyama, Jan and, apart from one howler Dier!

Now to stuff the Dippers!

sure.gif

Are you sure your not Owen in discuise???

Owen "When they don’t score they hardly ever win."

It was actually a poch quote after the match.

"We managed the game but it is true if you don't score it is difficult to win."

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino pleased with draw against Bournemouth

Chavs and Liverpool, we all understood they had no distractions so would benifit. Why are we all surpised.

Going top would heap a whole lot of preasure which we proberbly couodnt handle ?

weeks rest, come out fighting. Its all about freshness of the players not the quality?
Yeah, no surprise those results came when us, goons, City, United had all played in Europe; Liverpool, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Boro all had the week off. (Southampton played in Europe as well but they played a weakened team vs Inter, United seemed to play all or most of their best players against Fenerbahce.)

Back
Top Bottom