Would you cash in now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really Joe, not moaning, just making a minor point but my main point was that no I wouldn't cash out for the reason I gave

Too many threads go off subject through petty squabbling and this was another one

Does it really matter whether it's Billy Nic or Bill Nick?
I had the honour and privilege to meet him once and, for me, there will only ever be the one!

We all knew what you meant so no need to rise to Eskimos bait etc etc etc

Nah, you're right mate. Have a great weekend. There's a lot of sporting stuff on. Cheers.

And you

:dierpochhug:

Spoilt for choice from rugby league/Union to Super Bowl on sun with loads of footy in between and Mrs B visiting relatives!

What's not to like?

:dude:

Even if we falter, I would much rather enjoy the ride of expectations and support the squad through the challenge ahead.

I figure we need 80 points to win the league this year. That's 35 points out of 42 remaining. We still have to play MC, scum, Liverpool, ManU and Chelsea, so in order to win the league we are going to have to beat at least 2 of them (more likely three of them.) That is a challenge. I think the squad is up for it.

Our other 9 matches are all winnable. We could get 27 points from them, but more likely we will get 23/24 because of a few unlucky draws and potentially one trip up.

If we head into the final day of the season with even a chance of winning the title, I think I will be as excited as I have ever been as a Spurs fan.

We still have not achieved the 2 points per game average needed to ensure, at the very least, CL qualification so 'cashing out ' is not an option.
For me that's our first target, achieve that, and I may join the ranks of those who feel we have shot at winning the EPL.

We still have not achieved the 2 points per game average needed to ensure, at the very least, CL qualification so 'cashing out ' is not an option.
For me that's our first target, achieve that, and I may join the ranks of those who feel we have shot at winning the EPL.

I think the OP meant would you take 3rd now? Well would ya? Yes or no?

No way cash in
I lived through 40 years of spurs not winning the league and enjoyed the glimpses of glory we have achieved in that time. I can take another 40 years.

But to win the league well basically I would go insane with happiness. Have to go all in for the league. My kids cant understand how mental I am at the moment now that our 25% chance has moved into 33.3% territory. Win the next 2 games and it moves to 50 %.

Have to go for it. For the sake of Spur_kind go for it.

I`m all for going for it, but your percentages are probably somewhat optimistic!
We are still the dark horse to win though.
Currently you can bet on us to win for 6/1 at betfair. That`s aprox 15%.
Not long ago you could get us for 20/1, so the chances are improving,
Win the nest 2 & we are probably around 4/1.

Cash in on what? I can't believe people would settle for third when we are 2 points of City (who I still believe to be our biggest rivals for the title)

To dare is to what?

I don't think any Spurs fan should ever feel like cashing in. Even if we were sitting in 4th in place and found ourselves 1 point infront of 5th and just 3 points off top with 1 game left. Because that CHANCE is still there. When you have a chance, you go for it.

We are in a great position. We are third, we are NOT far off top and we are above Woolwich - we could potentially be 2 points off top tomorrow, to be in February and being this close is unreal.

What the fuck Hans? We? Fuck off you German nonce cunt. How sad are you? I called you out, many backed you up. You've done all right hans. There's not many on here who would disagree with you now. I, however, think that you are a cunt. Stick your odds up your fat German arse. Cunt.

Relax will Joe?
Every time someone write something that gets you annoyed, which by the way doesn`t take much, you go calling people cunts and whatever.

I have followed Tottenham for 30 years. It`s february and I`m bubbling inside. We all know that doesn`t happen every year. I`m even suddenly active on a Spurs forum ffs, that`s how bubbly I a. Not really because I`m hoping for us to win the league this year, although I HOPE of course. I
But I also don`t think the chances are any bigger than they are. Realistically I don`t think we have more than 15% of us winning it at the moment, that is still dream scenario ffs! You can disagree all you want, 15-30-50%, who cares. It`s was just an observation. Rate my post disagree, Say you disagree. I don`t mind at all, but don`t go about like a complete nutter. Relax.

If we won the Europa League and FA Cup, I think I would take third now, even thought it goes against our club's heritage. I still feel the pain of the 'Mind the Gap' season, Lasangegate and all the other near misses we have suffered. I am equally pessimist and optimist about our chances of winning the League, that's what being a Spurs supporter all these years does to you - you don't know if you're coming or going!

Will look at this thread in a month
& see what or who changes opinion. I'd take a finish above Woolwich if offered at the start of the season but now- think we can win it. How's that for fence sitting?

its game on. Starting at 3pm.

Back
Top Bottom