Would you cash in now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Better to fail aiming high..."

Great article, and if you believe that it's better to fail aiming high, then you would go all in. But the sentiment of the article, with which I agree, is that Poch is building something really special, rather than going for the short-term quick fix option (which is what Saha and Nelson were supposed to be). So I would take 3rd now and use it as a platform for future success, rather than risk (for example) an injury to Kane and dropping back to fifth.

Plus I remember 2012 too well.

The only thing that makes me doubt my choice is the fact that we would end before that lot on goal difference and they would never accept it, using the same points argument over and over again and that would lead to us posting the league table on every gooner account we'd come across. But as that is petty and small time , lets just go all out and try to achieve the highest possible.

I'm torn. I can see the appeal of going all out for the win, and of course the Billy Nick quotes come out, but I'm too much of a realist perhaps. Third, finishing ahead of them lot, it not to be scoffed at. Finishing fifth could be devastating.

I've seen a lot in recent weeks about how this is our chance, this season our one opportunity to take advantage of poor opponents and go on to grab a title - well I don't think that way. I see this as another step forwards towards being a regular challenger. So rather than our one chance, it's our first chance.

Under ENIC we've moved from 9th to 5th, then consolidated there. Now it feels like we're taking the next step, up to 2nd/3rd. With the new stadium in place, we would then be comfortable in taking that final move into a proper league winner.

So, whilst I want to see us go on and do the business this year, I can't help but feel that for the big picture, for the long term planning for club success, taking 3rd right now would be the sensible option.

Having said all that, it's of course irrelevant - we can't cash out now, and we're going to win the league regardless.

As much as finishing higher than Woolwich is appealing I still think we should go all out and see what we can achieve.

It will be exciting seeing what this group of players can achieve and how much they believe in themselves.
There is something very special going on a t the moment and it would be criminal to cut short their potential.

No way cash in
I lived through 40 years of spurs not winning the league and enjoyed the glimpses of glory we have achieved in that time. I can take another 40 years.

But to win the league well basically I would go insane with happiness. Have to go all in for the league. My kids cant understand how mental I am at the moment now that our 25% chance has moved into 33.3% territory. Win the next 2 games and it moves to 50 %.

Have to go for it. For the sake of Spur_kind go for it.

The only thing that makes me doubt my choice is the fact that we would end before that lot on goal difference and they would never accept it, using the same points argument over and over again and that would lead to us posting the league table on every gooner account we'd come across. But as that is petty and small time , lets just go all out and try to achieve the highest possible.

Imagine winning the league on goal difference.

The tears and petitions would never end.

Poch & players have already shown what they are made of, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that they have the mentality. Win, loose or draw everything is in place already.

For me the only thing to hinder our progress is our micro cock fanbase (home fans). When we are going through a tuff spell during the game the crowd go quite, it starts to get nervous. Our fans lack what it takes to support our players when the pressure builds. Our home fans spend more time looking at results of "other games" whilst ours is going on. If we are to draw or loose another game, which I am sure we will, they boo (Newcastle).

If our fans had the same mentality as our Manager and players we will be unstoppable.

Using a K in his name is like putting an S on the end of Hotspur.

Taken from his obituary by Brian Glanville:

This inevitably caused potential problems when the captain of his double-winning team was Danny Blanchflower. The loquacious Ulsterman was a right-half like "Billy Nick", but there the resemblance ended. Where Nicholson had been fustian, Blanchflower was all flair and illumination, a tremendous inspiration to his teams. Occasional clashes were inevitable, but overall they complemented one another, and the partnership worked remarkably well.

What a small minded comment to make anyway. Fuck you. Kunt.

No way would I cash in, what would I do for the next three months?

But would I be delighted if the league table finished with us above Woolwich on goal difference - fuck yeah.

Back
Top Bottom