Would you cash in now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting back to the original question and article. NO
We have done top 4 and this is a chance with the so called big teams struggling to get more. Disappointed the article is all about the League. We also have a good chance of glory in the cups. Yes we may end up out of the cups and 5th but to stop now is like being 1-0 up on the hour mark and parking the bus.

OK I'm wrong if it makes you feel better.....

And so are Tottenham Hotspur....

b3vq01.jpg

Bill Nic Testimonial latest 8 August 2001 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

Search Results - tottenhamhotspur.com

Don't fuck with the big boys.

What do they know? Some 18 year old intern? They treated him badly. Everyone called him Nick.

Testimonial for Bill Nicholson

:dawsonlol:

Last edited:
2012 whilst bad, was no 1987! The glory of failure that year, and we finished 3rd!

I want us to be aiming for the top. We're not Woolwich revelling in the 4th place trophy year in year out.
Yeah, i still replay that season in my mind a lot. The football was a joy to watch most of the time, but we ended up with nothing.I still wonder how it all happened. Great football though

Heck no. We're going all out. We in here, we in for it. If we win the title I'm going out shirtless waving and screaming with my scarf. Audeo. Facio. Heck yeah

Im glad something I wrote has sparked up such a debate lol. COYS

Shame it got sidetracked by people arguing about 'k's
ffs

:chadliblow:

But to answer your original post no I wouldn't cash out, one reason being I wouldn't want some smarmy, smug Gooner cunt like Piers Morgan saying we only finished higher than them on goal difference!

Let's beat them decisively

Wankers

:dier:

ffs

But to answer your original post no I wouldn't cash out, one reason being I wouldn't want some smarmy, smug Gooner cunt like Piers Morgan saying we only finished higher than them on goal difference!

Wankers

But it's a.....

Kellogs-Special-K.jpg

ffs

Wankers

Don't you mean wancers you fukcin kunt?

:gallashmm:

:kanehand:

:memeokay:

I put money on us winning it this season, placed the bet some time ago at decent odds. Maybe I can cash in now and get a payout. Not even going to look though as that isn't the kind of person I am and I don't believe that is the kind of club I support either. Fuck taking third, we have an opportunity to win this thing! I'd rather risk finishing 17th trying than take third now. Would I take third at the start of the season though? Sure would have.

ffs

Wankers

Jeez, you're always moaning about something Baz. :llorisserious:

To cash out now would be in the same camp as those losers that just care about a top 4 finish and getting into the Champions League, a fucking tournament. As if that's the end all be all of world football.

Basically you'd be your average Gooner.

No thanks. :dembelefingers:

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

Pretty much about this innit? I genuinely believe this and I want this to be our ethos, logos and pathos.

let the chips fall where they may

Just enjoying the ride and looking forward to every match. No point in limiting our ambition or melting if we fall short.

To cash out now would be in the same camp as those losers that just care about a top 4 finish and getting into the Champions League, a fucking tournament. As if that's the end all be all of world football.
Basically you'd be your average Gooner.
No thanks.

I disagree with your logic there. See, what's amusing about the gooners is that they're satisfied with finishing 4th year in, year out. That all that matters is being in the Champions League. They aren't improving but they think that 4th is an end game in itself.

To me, Champs League be fucked. I want to finish 3rd (or higher) to show continued progression, not because it's a qualifying place. Finishing above them up the road is an added bonus of course.

Cashing out on this season is definitely not the same as saying lets settle for fourth forever more. I see it as a major step forwards from 5th towards the ultimate goal of 1st. I believe this is a progress, a continued improvement towards being the best team in the country, and that goes well beyond one single season's ambition or aims.

Now, if I were Leicester, I'd be all for going all out. This genuinely is their only shot at it; they need to go all out for this one year and there's no point in settling.

I disagree with your logic there. See, what's amusing about the gooners is that they're satisfied with finishing 4th year in, year out. That all that matters is being in the Champions League. They aren't improving but they think that 4th is an end game in itself.

To me, Champs League be fucked. I want to finish 3rd (or higher) to show continued progression, not because it's a qualifying place. Finishing above them up the road is an added bonus of course.

Cashing out on this season is definitely not the same as saying lets settle for fourth forever more. I see it as a major step forwards from 5th towards the ultimate goal of 1st. I believe this is a progress, a continued improvement towards being the best team in the country, and that goes well beyond one single season's ambition or aims.

Now, if I were Leicester, I'd be all for going all out. This genuinely is their only shot at it; they need to go all out for this one year and there's no point in settling.

with a young inexperienced team like we have, the possibility of failure is not necessarily a bad thing. If we end up in 4th then great, if we win the league then outstanding, if we fail to get a Europe spot then so be it. Because this team is young with a young coach and we're in this for the long haul and anything that happens is vital learning to such a young squad.

This s a really tough one for me.

At the start of the season, I just didn't see how we'd finish in the top four and push out one of chelsea (haha), Woolwich, citeh or united, so I would have taken 4th place then.

But looking at it now, it doesn't seem likely that we will finish outside the top 4 does it. Man city and Woolwich are inconsistent, and leicester arent dominating games, they are winning them, but not dominating, so I can see them dropping points. We are the only team dominating games AND getting the results. Our confidence is only growing each week and it's so clear to see.

I would have to twist, and see where this season takes us, we have a genuine chance of winning this thing, and with de bruyne out of the team, I wouldn't bet against us beating city next week.

We were the team that started slowly this season, got gradually better and better throughout the season, turned those draws into wins, so while we're still not favourites for the title, when you look at how the next few weeks could go, we might well be by then.

Fuck this is exciting.

Jeez, you're always moaning about something Baz. :llorisserious:

Not really Joe, not moaning, just making a minor point but my main point was that no I wouldn't cash out for the reason I gave

Too many threads go off subject through petty squabbling and this was another one

Does it really matter whether it's Billy Nic or Bill Nick?
I had the honour and privilege to meet him once and, for me, there will only ever be the one!

We all knew what you meant so no need to rise to Eskimos bait etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom