Would you cash in now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A Leicester City fan stands to earn £25,000 if his team win the Premier League title after placing a £5 pre-season bet at 5,000-1.
Leicester are 5 points clear and he has declined an offer to cash in for a guaranteed £3,200.

i would cash in for the £3,200!
especially as i think Woolwich will beat them next.
I bet the guy can't even sleep poor sod.

A Leicester City fan stands to earn £25,000 if his team win the Premier League title after placing a £5 pre-season bet at 5,000-1.
Leicester are 5 points clear and he has declined an offer to cash in for a guaranteed £3,200.

hang in there. £25k is a millionaire in Leicester?

He could almost certainly lay off the bet on Betfair with much better odds, guarantee himself much more than £3.2k whatever happens.

He could almost certainly lay off the bet on Betfair with much better odds, guarantee himself much more than £3.2k whatever happens.
Yeah he could guarantee himself about £7k by laying it on Betfair - only problem is he'd need a spare £18k cash lying around that he could afford to tie up for 3 months to cover the liability to Betfair if Leicester do go on and win it!

Yeah he could guarantee himself about £7k by laying it on Betfair - only problem is he'd need a spare £18k cash lying around that he could afford to tie up for 3 months to cover the liability to Betfair if Leicester do go on and win it!
Oh yeah. There is that. And the fear the bookie would claim palpable error on the original bet, if you were to do this.

Oh yeah. There is that. And the fear the bookie would claim palpable error on the original bet, if you were to do this.
There's already an article on BBC Sport about this bloke, with a comment from a spokesman from the bookie he used. No way they'll be able to go back on it. If I were him I'd be explaining the situation carefully to my bank manager and negotiating a loan!

There's already an article on BBC Sport about this bloke, with a comment from a spokesman from the bookie he used. No way they'll be able to go back on it. If I were him I'd be explaining the situation carefully to my bank manager and negotiating a loan!
Yeah you're right. Some bookies have used exceedingly dodgy methods and so-called terms and conditions to get out of bets with long odds, but even they couldn't get out of this one.

For me, compared with the others, our run in is just too tough for us to win it.

We still have to get through:

City (A)
West Ham (A)
Scousers (A)
Utd (H)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (A)

If every team wins the games they are expected to (an ambiguous statement at best) then i see us finishing in third.

Leicester just look impossible to beat at the moment, and have no other distractions. No doubt City and the scum WILL drop points unexpectedly, but even then we would really need to pull a number of results out the bag to still be in consideration.

We have been equally tough to beat this season, and do think we have a good chance of winning something this year because of that, but the league is a big ask.

Let's see where we are at the end of the March.

COYS!

For me, compared with the others, our run in is just too tough for us to win it.

City (A)
West Ham (A)
Scousers (A)
Utd (H)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (A)

If every team wins the games they are expected to (an ambiguous statement at best) then i see us finishing in third.

Leicester just look impossible to beat at the moment, and have no other distractions. No doubt City and the scum WILL drop points unexpectedly, but even then we would really need to pull a number of results out the bag to still be in consideration.

We have been equally tough to beat this season, and do think we have a good chance of winning something this year because of that, but the league is a big ask.

COYS!

After Sunday we only have to play one of the top eight away from home.

City (A)
West Ham (A)
Scousers (A)
Utd (H)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (A)

COYS!

Might just be me being optimistic, but I see 4/5 of those games as winnable.....

After Sunday we only have to play one of the top eight away from home.

Might just be me being optimistic, but I see 4/5 of those games as winnable.....

Oh no doubt we will get a result from some of them. It's the old Spurs supporter in me that fears these games, but just because Chelsea / Liverpool etc are having poor seasons doesn't mean we don't have the potential to drop points there. 0-0 draws against both of them in the home fixture doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Ultimately, If we keep up the form that we are showing now, as opposed to the form that saw us draw about 7 games we should have won earlier in the season then we have every chance.

It is very difficult to look at matches left and predict results. Look at the year we got CL. Lost to Portsmouth in the Cup semi and then had the Scum & Chelsea as our next 2 matches. I thought no chance, but we won. Then the decider AWAY to our rival for 4th. We were not favourites but did it.
No way could I see Leicester winning last week at MC.
I am in no way predicting where will end up and just look at it 1 match at a time.

It is very difficult to look at matches left and predict results. Look at the year we got CL. Lost to Portsmouth in the Cup semi and then had the Scum & Chelsea as our next 2 matches. I thought no chance, but we won. Then the decider AWAY to our rival for 4th. We were not favourites but did it.
No way could I see Leicester winning last week at MC.
I am in no way predicting where will end up and just look at it 1 match at a time.

Of course there are surprises to be had, the unpredictability of the beautiful game is one of its joys.

Still, on a shit boring Thursday afternoon, with us in the uncustomary position of being 2nd in the league and having a team that is actually very tough to beat then surely you can excuse a man for speculating?

Youre+the+real+mvp+_fa29b2e57461d24c56a3e2026ea0a663.gif

Not while we are doing so well!

If I would cash in. No I'm not the type. But maybe it would be the smart thing to do. Found this renaming program comparison in a Swedish paper. h means home. b means away.

Leicester
14/2 Woolwich (b)
27/2 Norwich (h)
1/3 WBA (h)
5/3 Watford (b)
14/3 Newcastle (h)
19/3 Crystal P (b)
2/4 Southampton (h)
9/4 Sunderland (b)
16/4 West Ham (h)
23/4 Swansea (h)
30/4 Man United (b)