Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some Conclusions (personal observations) at the end of the season about Vlad Chiriches:

- this season 2013/2014 was his entry in Premier League,a newcomer in a hard league of football.
- at his 24 years old,he played in many matches as left centre back,and some matches as right centre back,he show skills and some weaknesses (aerial duels especially in the beginning of the season,some improvements in the end of the season at this chapter)

- he played his best football in the 4-2-3-1 system when Spurs with AVB started the season,with Walker (RB) - Dawson (RCB) - Vlad (LCB) - Vertonghen (LB) and with Paulinho and Dembele in his front as defensive midfielders,some matches ended without concede a goal. (clean sheet)

- he played not so well ,when was 4-4-2 changed system,and the team suffering from many injuries,he did not played well with:
Naughton (RB) - Kaboul (RCB) - Vlad (LCB) - Rose (LB) and with Paulinho and Bentaleb in his front , i see that Vlad with Bentaleb in his front is a pain to watch,instead when Vlad have Dembele in his front as DM ,the situation is more well changed.

-His Best match : Manchester United - Tottenham 1-2 (was choosed Man of the match)
-His Worst match: W.B.A - Tottenham 3-3 (he was substituted at the half time,when was 3-1 for the hosts)

If he don't get other any injury in the next season,Vlad could be more strong and efficient in the next season,after a good entry this season ,when he meet hard challenge in Premier League (16 matches as titular),3 matches titular in Europa League,1 game in FA Cup,3 games in the League Cup,and he did well,overall, most of the matches,with 3-4 bad games,2 matches from them ,watching myself and conclude that he was not so well in fit ,after his back injury (2 months out from the pitch)
Another observation about him,he grew in mass muscle on his legs,more muscles than Steaua period in Romania,properly, for this Top League in Europe,physically intense one.

I want him in the squad also for the next season,he show that could be a solution in defence of the team,where he could play as left and right centre back ,but we know all that nothing is secure in football today (transfers),depend what new manager will come on WHL and with what strategy.

You sir, are one of my favorite posters.

Vlad Chiriches received call from the romanian manager of the national team to play 2 friendly games in a little tournament in Switzerland (neutral field) against Albania (31th May) and Algeria (4th June).
Romania is not qualified for the World Cup Tournament (12th June - 12th July) in Brazil, so Victor Piturca wants these 2 friendlies before to let the players to go in vacation.
Vlad Chiriches (24 years old) is a key player in the national team of Romania,who wants to qualify for Euro 2016 desperately...last final tournament of Romania with his presence was in ...2008 (Euro in Switzerland/Austria).

Last edited:
Vlad Chiriches received call from the romanian manager of the national team to play 2 friendly games in a tournament in Switzerland (neutral field) against Albania (31th May) and Algeria (4th June).

Lol. Cancelling his holidays to go to Albania and Algeria, haha. Enjoy your diarrhea Vlad!

...in the meantime,Vlad wait to see if the new manager ,Pochettino will include him or not in his plans in the squad for the next season,anyway ,Vlad will have his wedding in this summer,who will be held in the location-The castle "Forte di Belvedere" (Firenze,Italy) with Sabrina Macsim,an expensive wedding with many guests,footballers from Steaua and Tottenham (some of them,not all the players of course),His wedding will cost him around 500.000 Eur,said the press... interesting is that the location is Firenze,a team-Fiorentina who wants him (rumors of the press) in a transfer for this summer...
photo of Vlad and Sabrina:
http://www.sport.ro/liga-1/toata-ec...-la-bucuresti-pentru-nunta-lui-chiriches.html

Last edited:
...in the meantime,Vlad wait to see if the new manager ,Pochettino will include him or not in his plans in the squad for the next season,anyway ,Vlad will have his wedding in this summer,who will be held in the location-The castle "Forte di Belvedere" (Firenze,Italy) with Sabrina Macsim,an expensive wedding with many guests,footballers from Steaua and Tottenham (some of them,not all the players of course),His wedding will cost him around 500.000 Eur,said the press... interesting is that the location is Firenze,a team-Fiorentina who wants him (rumors of the press) in a transfer for this summer...
photo of Vlad and Sabrina:
http://www.sport.ro/liga-1/toata-ec...-la-bucuresti-pentru-nunta-lui-chiriches.html

You think I could be your +1? I'd fancy Firenze right now!

The press from Romania still insisted that Vlad Chiriches will leave Tottenham for Fiorentina,in a transfer with exchange of players ,Stefan Savici for the Spurs and Vlad for the italian team,like i said previously,Vlad making his wedding soon in Italy,in...Firenze. Coincidence or not ?!
Florin Manea,agent of player,said that "Tottenham wants Stefan Savici from Fiorentina,really insisted for him, and offer to them in a deal, Chiriches + amount cash of money (unknown yet)" It's a good deal also for Vlad ,i think is more right for him to play in the italian league than the english league" said the agent on tv (DolceSport channel from here)
http://www.gsp.ro/international/str...mb-tottenham-isi-aduce-alt-fundas-427101.html

Last edited:
We would be mad to sell him seeing that apart from Jan he's our only CB of high quality.
probably the new manager ,Pochettino have another plan regarding our defenders,press from England said that he wants another defenders for the Spurs,will see...nobody signed anything until now,just rumors of the press

Chiodi ,the italian agent of Chiriches denied interest of Fiorentina for Chiriches,and said that the player (Vlad) will remain to play in the next season for the Spurs...
Today was a friendly game in Switzerland (neutral pitch) between Romania and Albania,ended 1-0 for Romania (Razvan Rat min.83 the scorer).
Vlad Chiriches played all 90 minutes without mistake,secure,in defense (right centre back in the system 4-2-3-1)
photos from the game:
http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/...427186-galerie-foto-pic-619676.html#poza_mare
just like a curiosity in this match,an interesting kid, team mate of Chiriches,have today his first cap for the national team,no.4 in the photo ,Cristian Manea his name,having ...16 years old! he played as right back all 90 minutes! with confidence and without any big mistake, he's a player in the romanian first league,a player of Viitorul Constanta,with Gheorghe Hagi,celebre romanian star in the 90's, being the owner of the team, new kids on the mainstream of european football soon...from Romania

Last edited:
Chiodi ,the italian agent of Chiriches denied interest of Fiorentina for Chiriches,and said that the player (Vlad) will remain to play in the next season for the Spurs...
Today was a friendly game in Switzerland (neutral pitch) between Romania and Albania,ended 1-0 for Romania (Razvan Rat min.83 the scorer).
Vlad Chiriches played all 90 minutes without mistake,secure,in defense (right centre back in the system 4-2-3-1)
photos from the game:
http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/...427186-galerie-foto-pic-619676.html#poza_mare
just like a curiosity in this match,an interesting kid, team mate of Chiriches,have today his first cap for the national team,no.4 in the photo ,Cristian Manea his name,having ...16 years old! he played as right back all 90 minutes! with confidence and without any big mistake, he's a player in the romanian first league,a player of Viitorul Constanta,with Gheorghe Hagi,celebre romanian star in the 90's, being the owner of the team, new kids on the mainstream of european football soon...from Romania
http://www.footballfancast.com/prem...-to-offload-flop-signing-for-ex-man-city-ace?

The article is contrary to your reports.

I don't believe anything that footballfancast report, so I have more faith in yours.

http://www.footballfancast.com/prem...-to-offload-flop-signing-for-ex-man-city-ace?

The article is contrary to your reports.

I don't believe anything that footballfancast report, so I have more faith in yours.
at least ,all things depend on what the new manager of Spurs,Pochettino,decide about him,if Vlad is on his plans for the next season,then doesn't matter what one or two agents said in the press,he will remain on WHL...until now i didn't heard anything coming from Vlad saying that he will leave Tottenham,just his agent speaking in the press that "in his opinion for Vlad is better for him to play in the italian league than Premier League (more harder league)" just blah blah in the press ,to make ratings ,the truth we will find after the World Cup tournament when transfers will start in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom