Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez18 Sanchez18

I think your points depending on personal opinion and perspective are valid. As I said before my opinion is based on a subjective judgment of an unquantifiable attribute; attitude. Perhaps my judgment is clouded by the clusterfuck of a season we are having so far and the poor attitude of all the players. Ive also thought vlad, along with eriksen has been our shining light so far this season (as far as the new transfers go) so for him to be pulled at HT and then go on twitter really pissed me off (as much disappointed as anything).. I still feel vlad (as well as others) really need to pull their heads in and make me believe they want to wear MY clubs shirt...if not they can fuck off to where they came or be sold for a profit to another club..
just my two cents though.

Sanchez18 Sanchez18

I think your points depending on personal opinion and perspective are valid. As I said before my opinion is based on a subjective judgment of an unquantifiable attribute; attitude. Perhaps my judgment is clouded by the clusterfuck of a season we are having so far and the poor attitude of all the players. Ive also thought vlad, along with eriksen has been our shining light so far this season (as far as the new transfers go) so for him to be pulled at HT and then go on twitter really pissed me off (as much disappointed as anything).. I still feel vlad (as well as others) really need to pull their heads in and make me believe they want to wear MY clubs shirt...if not they can fuck off to where they came or be sold for a profit to another club..
just my two cents though.
i think that at this point, we should all just wait for the new manager before making any kind judgement on anything regarding players. their are obviously depressed, and just like any depressed person, they don't think clearly, they don't care, they just want this to be over with as much as fans do. in order to decide who wants to play for the club and who doesn't, we need to see how they behave under a proper motivator and a manager who actually LOOKS like he knows what he wants from the players. if under van gaal vlad will still like posts on instagram minutes after he's been replaced and Hugo and Verts will still hint about champions league football or bye bye, then we can definitely say it's an attitude problem, but when there's chaos accusing someone of not acting properly is a bit pointless if you ask me.

i think that at this point, we should all just wait for the new manager before making any kind judgement on anything regarding players. their are obviously depressed, and just like any depressed person, they don't think clearly, they don't care, they just want this to be over with as much as fans do. in order to decide who wants to play for the club and who doesn't, we need to see how they behave under a proper motivator and a manager who actually LOOKS like he knows what he wants from the players. if under van gaal vlad will still like posts on instagram minutes after he's been replaced and Hugo and Verts will still hint about champions league football or bye bye, then we can definitely say it's an attitude problem, but when there's chaos accusing someone of not acting properly is a bit pointless if you ask me.

I understand your point and concede that its possibly a rash judgement of vlad based on 1 game..however the whole 'chaos' argument I don't necessarily agree with..partly because individual actions cannot be excused merely because of chaos, everyone is accountable for their actions regardless of the state of the wider system and also because others players, like eriksen seem to be both performing and keeping their attitude in check even in lieu of a chaotic system
ether way as you have pointed out, we will have to judge on the long term, but don't see any need to make excuses in the short

Last edited:
Victor Piturca,manager of Romania,said in an interview on a tv channel from here about Vlad Chiriches: " I'm worried about lack of form(fitness) showed by Vlad. In England,if you don't have attention (concentration) during the match ,every striker could "kill" you..." (something like that he said)

Sandro was spotted in Romania some days ago ,he came for a wedding of his best friend,who play here in a lower league,and he said to the press that he's happy to play in Premier League for Tottenham,despite he had a hard childhood in Brazil (many problems before to became a good footballer,many sacrifices when he was young in Brazil) and of course ,was asked what he think about Vlad Chiriches,and he said that he (Vlad) is a good lad,without V.I.P attitude,worker,he know portuguese,and Sandro and Paulinho was glad that he(Vlad) make conversations with the portuguese speakers from the squad,in a country where everybody speaks just english near them :D...and Sandro said that "Vlad will make a very good season next year,this season was his entry and meet hard challenge and he will know what to expect from now on in the next season..."
(photos with Sandro in Romania and his interview):
http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-exter...l-pentru-nunta-brazilianului-wallace-12543575

Can we all send mind bullets to whoever ends up in charge of Spurs next season to play Vlad as a DM? He's PERFECT for it in the prem. And it will have less nutmegging, scorpion kick keepie uppies in our own box.

Can we all send mind bullets to whoever ends up in charge of Spurs next season to play Vlad as a DM? He's PERFECT for it in the prem. And it will have less nutmegging, scorpion kick keepie uppies in our own box.
that depend what the manager think his strategy,could be so,DM,will see..

Dunno about y'all (except Gibbsy), but I'm so excited to see him take over as our first choice CB next season.

gibbs131 I agree he certainly has the skills to play as our DM, but can we really afford to toss a reliable player in a thin position forward when we have two more than capable DMs? I know Sandro has had a bad season, but he can get it done at his best. Not sure if Capoue has frequent injury problems or if it was something new to this season, but he certainly has the talent to be first choice ahead of Sandro if need be. He gets a lot of shit, but he looked good early in the season. Can't be blamed for injuries/Tim's inability to figure out that we should be playing at least one DM week in and out.

Dunno about y'all (except Gibbsy), but I'm so excited to see him take over as our first choice CB next season.

He's just too crazy imo. He does too many unorthodox things in box for him to give away points in calamitous situations. And he has so much in his locker on the ball, it would be a shame to have him at CB only. His tackling is crazy good though.

We have to watch it with players like Kaboul, Walker, Vlad, Sandro etc. Too many volatile players in the back 4 and you can have keystone cops moments. Vlad and Walker next to each other is pushing it IMO. I could be wrong though. With less porous players allround, there could be less of that desperate last gasp defending going on.

Entering in the pitch in the 27th minute,because Kaboul gets red card too early,Vlad,my countryman, played well today ,his part of duty as central back,without mistakes coming from him,he was careful with passes,good tackles,good pace,he increased his fitness obviously...pity is that don't helped the team,his team mates wasn't on good form today,losing 0-2 away with West Ham ...probable Vlad will be titular for the last match in Premier League ,home vs. Aston Villa (11th May)
I wait to see the statistics,about Vlad,what i saw he did well his part of duty today,despite the bad result for Spurs.
Lloris - the best our player today ,with Chiriches and Eriksen near him on good form

Yeah Chiriches didn't look too bad today. Looked good in the air on a couple of occasions, made a few important tackles and clearances etc.
86% pass accuracy ,good 30 from 35 ,said statistics, 3 won tackles etc but he regain physical form after that 2 months injury,unfortunately,the season will end with the last match vs Villa,home ,11th May...well we see what will be in the next season,he won muscle mass,he look more well on shape,fitness superior in comparison with him about 1 or 2 years ago...i hope that's will help him in the next season,if Spurs decide to keep him (he have another 4 years contract with Spurs)

http://www.ziare.com/vlad-chiriches/stiri-vlad-chiriches/managerul-lui-tottenham-a-decis-soarta-lui-chiriches-dupa-revenirea-pe-teren-1297102?utm_source=Gsp.ro-Cross&utm_medium=Managerul lui Tottenham a decis soarta lui Chiriches dupa revenirea pe teren&utm_campaign=Interpromo

In this article they said that: "Tim Sherwood,Tottenham manager,revealed that he was "pleased" what Vlad played in the match with W.Ham,despite the team lose with 2-0.
And with that,Tim Sherwood decide that Vlad will play with Dawson in the next match as titulars, vs Aston Villa.
In this season,Vlad played 16 matches in Premier League as titular,but he lost his place because previous 2 not good games of him,but that came after a bad injury,now after this last match he look more well on form.
Vlad Chiriches is considered to be the third option for Tottenham as centre back ,after Dawson and Vertonghen".

Last edited:

gibbs131 I agree he certainly has the skills to play as our DM, but can we really afford to toss a reliable player in a thin position forward when we have two more than capable DMs? I know Sandro has had a bad season, but he can get it done at his best. Not sure if Capoue has frequent injury problems or if it was something new to this season, but he certainly has the talent to be first choice ahead of Sandro if need be. He gets a lot of shit, but he looked good early in the season. Can't be blamed for injuries/Tim's inability to figure out that we should be playing at least one DM week in and out.

Yep I think he can be a good cb, but just too risky. He was lucky not to get a penalty against him trying to take the shirt of a wet spam player on a set peice. You also touched on capoue and sandro injury issues, which is all the more reason to groom him for that role.

Some Conclusions (personal observations) at the end of the season about Vlad Chiriches:

- this season 2013/2014 was his entry in Premier League,a newcomer in a hard league of football.
- at his 24 years old,he played in many matches as left centre back,and some matches as right centre back,he show skills and some weaknesses (aerial duels especially in the beginning of the season,some improvements in the end of the season at this chapter)

- he played his best football in the 4-2-3-1 system when Spurs with AVB started the season,with Walker (RB) - Dawson (RCB) - Vlad (LCB) - Vertonghen (LB) and with Paulinho and Dembele in his front as defensive midfielders,some matches ended without concede a goal. (clean sheet)

- he played not so well ,when was 4-4-2 changed system with Tim Sherwood,and the team suffering from many injuries,he did not played well with:
Naughton (RB) - Kaboul (RCB) - Vlad (LCB) - Rose (LB) and with Paulinho and Bentaleb in his front , i see that Vlad with Bentaleb in his front is a pain to watch,instead when Vlad have Dembele in his front as DM ,the situation is more well changed.

-His Best match : Manchester United - Tottenham 1-2 (was choosed Man of the match)
-His Worst match: W.B.A - Tottenham 3-3 (he was substituted at the half time,when was 3-1 for the hosts)

If he don't get other any injury in the next season,Vlad could be more strong and efficient in the next season,after a good entry this season ,when he meet hard challenge in Premier League (16 matches as titular),3 matches titular in Europa League,1 game in FA Cup,3 games in the League Cup,and he did well,overall, most of the matches,with 3-4 bad games,2 matches from them ,watching myself and conclude that he was not so well in fit ,after his back injury (2 months out from the pitch)
Another observation about him,he grew in mass muscle on his legs,more muscles than Steaua period in Romania,properly, for this Top League in Europe,physically intense one.

I want him in the squad also for the next season,he show that could be a solution in defence of the team,where he could play as left and right centre back ,but we know all that nothing is secure (safe) in football today (transfers),depend what new manager will come on WHL and with what strategy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom