Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes he missed an awful sitter, but thats what you get with Werner, still did more in his short role than Johnson did all game, change should have happened much sooner, all our subs were too late today.

Genuine question

How many of us could have scored that from 3 yards out not to mention an open goal

Timo is a decent player but his end product is seriously shocking and has been for 5 years

I really don’t think he should be signed long term

Genuine question

How many of us could have scored that from 3 yards out not to mention an open goal

Timo is a decent player but his end product is seriously shocking and has been for 5 years

Let's be real, 95% of the posters on here wouldn't have been able to run to that position with correct timing.

I will never forget when I played missing a chance from a square ball standing no further than 1 foot from the goal line. It was so close the thought of finishing wasn't a consideration. Just needed to make any contact.
Somehow I managed to defy physics and it went about 30 foot over the bar. It can happen, from what I put down to the chance being so easy that missing the target just doesn't enter the equation.

That being said I have so little faith in Werners finishing that I would rather it were Zokora having a shot.

Genuine question

The timing of the run required to meet a square ball and then change the ball direction on contact is a lot harder tha it looks. I completely missed the ball-it was back to defensive midfield the following week for me

Apparently, Timo is getting married at the end of the season and will not be traveling to Melbourne for the Newcastle friendly! lets hope he sows his oats well!

Sign Timo on a permanent and have him as a bench option next season? Why not.

But sign him so he can be an automatic starter at LW or RW? That'd tell us everything we need to know about the spreadsheet jeffe's true ambitions.

With his mad wages, doesn't even make sense to have him on the bench anyway.

Apparently, Timo is getting married at the end of the season and will not be traveling to Melbourne for the Newcastle friendly! lets hope he sows his oats well!
Great quote from Scott Munn about this…

“I think there’s only one player (Werner) that’s getting married that weekend, so he probably won’t travel”

I should think that future Mrs W would like that to be a bit more certain
:pritchardeyes:

He´s like the winger version of Sissoko. Amazing pace and athleticism and some great dribbling coupled with some of the worst finishing and final ball you will see.

I can see why he´s effective and also why some hate him.

Back
Top Bottom