Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sign Timo on a permanent and have him as a bench option next season? Why not.

But sign him so he can be an automatic starter at LW or RW? That'd tell us everything we need to know about the spreadsheet jeffe's true ambitions.

With his mad wages, doesn't even make sense to have him on the bench anyway.
Yeah option not to bring him on absolutely useless

Thought he was a constant threat tbh. And we look alot better when him and Johnson are on the wings looking to beat tbeir man.

Just a massive shame about that finishing. Then again, if he was a better finisher, he wouldn't be at a club like Spurs.

He was really good today. Just the finishing wasn’t there.

I hope he is becoming good friends with Sonny. Perhaps it would do him a lot of good if he trains with Sonny in the summer.

Not for me. I’d rather put his fee towards a different player.

Depending on what happens with Solomon, we could be 3 wingers down come the end of the season..... 4 down if Kulu is transitioned into MF.........

Perisic
Gil
Solomon (?)
Kulu (?)

I'd say that, even if only as a squad player, 13m quid for Werner makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Depending on what happens with Solomon, we could be 3 wingers down come the end of the season..... 4 down if Kulu is transitioned into MF.........

Perisic
Gil
Solomon (?)
Kulu (?)

I'd say that, even if only as a squad player, 13m quid for Werner make a lot of sense.

It makes a lot of sense if you like watching a player continually fuck it up whenever it really matters by fucking up easy chances.

I'd only sign him if it doesn't impact our spending on bringing in a top, quality winger.

I can live with him as a squad player and back-up, but it'd better not be at the expense of bringing in the real deal.

Very good in possession, always willing to take players on, but God his finishing can be poor. If he can be got for 12-15M and we can move on likes of Gil, Sess then he is probably worth the gamble, ideally as someone pushing for a start and not one starting week in week out.

Yep , we're practically minnows

A club version of San Marino

He’s hilarious. We literally have Son. We fucking had Kane. A Timo Werner who could finish at a decent level still wouldn’t be as good as those two! He’s quick, works hard and is good 1on1 but he’s not technically anything special in any regard. Hardly an elite dribbler or physically apart from pace FFS.

The low expectations from our fanbases can be scary at times. Brennan is decent but with loads of room to grow and he still racks up a solid amount of contributions. Quick, direct attackers in this system should and do feast.

He’s hilarious. We literally have Son. We fucking had Kane. A Timo Werner who could finish at a decent level still wouldn’t be as good as those two! He’s quick, works hard and is good 1on1 but he’s not technically anything special in any regard. Hardly an elite dribbler or physically apart from pace FFS.

The low expectations from our fanbases can be scary at times. Brennan is decent but with loads of room to grow and he still racks up a solid amount of contributions. Quick, direct attackers in this system should and do feast.
The acceptance and celebration of mediocrity in this fanbase continues to depress and baffle me in equal measure

Probably Enics greatest achievement

Thought he was a constant threat tbh. And we look alot better when him and Johnson are on the wings looking to beat tbeir man.

Just a massive shame about that finishing. Then again, if he was a better finisher, he wouldn't be at a club like Spurs.
That 70S Show Burn GIF by PeacockTV

His movement and anticipation when getting into attacking positions is really good,just a shame his finishing is poor.Whenever he plays he really makes things happen.

Back
Top Bottom