Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

celebrating-timo-werner.gif

View: https://youtu.be/19Ocnbz6Ov0?si=lP86RYcHf-JSZ7wm

Last edited:
Not official. Bin vote.

On a serious note, he seems like a smart signing. Hard-working, selfless and very good off the ball movement. Also helped by the fact that Ange really wanted him according to reports.

Not official yet.

Never liked him either, as he was playing for the “worst” teams so far. On the other hand: Ange really wanted to have him, in the right environment he is a great player who can bag a few goals, and it’s gonna be a loan for half a season. Give him a chance and see how it goes. Gonna be interesting to see how the rotation with Son, Richy, Johnson etc. is gonna work out. Looking forward.

I'm not expecting much but honestly, why the fuck not?

I think he'll do alright until the end of the season, then we can look for a long term option.

- 6 month loan with option reported at 30m Euro so £25m roughly. Deal entirely in our favour.

- Can press properly and has a reasonable goal/assist record.

- Easily upgrades the left wing forward role if we use him there over Bryan and Solomon.

Given it’s January and attackers tend to be a summer event this is a great deal.

Seems like he could fit in a 'run to the touchline as fast as possible then cut it back' system. I think for his time at Chelsea he was always useful from a chance creation perspective, just woeful at finishing. Unfortunately with Son not around we don't really tick the finishing box across our front 3 anymore...

Back
Top Bottom