Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Solomon looked really good in the few games he played. One, in particular, although I can't remember who it was against.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us move on Richarlison, especially if a UAE type offer arrives.

Burnley. He was excellent.

Started against Sheffield United and was pretty average, never started another game. Came on against Woolwich and barely touched the ball and I remember how frustrating he was off the bench against Liverpool. We needed someone to beat a man and get the ball in the box, so he decided to continuously pass back.

Werner is basically a better version of Solomon. Who are both better than Gil

Solomon looked really good in the few games he played. One, in particular, although I can't remember who it was against.

2 assist v Burnley so probably that game.

He caught my eye with his cameos at Fulham last season... Seemed like the kind of guy happy to try and take a game by the scruff of the neck.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us move on Richarlison, especially if a UAE type offer arrives.

“Sancho and Richarlison were both the subject of Saudi interest towards the end of the summer transfer window, but the United winger showed no inclination of wanting to make the move and Tottenham were not interested in allowing their Brazilian to leave"

Either way; I can't see Rich wanting to semi-retire at 27 though.

I am still curious about what Solomon can offer us though.
Fast, great control at speed, fantastic shooting RF curled into far post, strong LF low into far corner. Takes a decent free kick too.

Such a shame he's been injured.

I like Werner and I'd really like him to succeed with us, but Solomon I think has a higher ceiling and better finishing.

The annoying thing is that all our pacy wingers (Johnson, Werner, Solomon) seem to be best suited to LW. And cutting in like Ange's inverted system.

Johnson imo has looked better on the left, but someone needs to alternate with Kulu on the right. Surely one of them can play on the right?

Someone here said Madz thought he was the most skillful player in the club, if you see some of the things he's done at pace, you'd believe it. Incredibly fast feet.

On current form we will sign Werner. Levy will wait til late on though in case his form slips or if he were to get injured.

Between Werner, Johnson, Son and Richy we have plenty of LW cover. RW is where we should be looking for an upgrade to our starting XI. Kulu is doing well but we have so few options out right compared to left it’s the obvious place to improve our attack. I’m fine letting Son and Richy play as ST next season too- not worried about upgrading there.

Definitely need squad depth for weekday games next season. We saw what happened to Aston Villa in the second half. Some of that was Spurs but some of it was they also that they were worn down from earlier in the week.

He’s really quick and good at blindly cutting back the ball. And he tries. A lot. There’s also lots of good reasons why Leipzig and Chelsea cut their losses, and missing the target from a foot away is a good reminder of that.

Woeful miss.

But man, at least he fucking takes his man on. He needs to be back in the starting eleven. Get him on the left and Johnson on the right and just have them take their man on.

Enough of the inverted wingers. We have inverted full backs doing that job.

Terrible miss, but he was the only one that came with a bit of spark and anger. The others didn't look bothered at all for 90 mins.

With Kulu taking away defenders on our right we had more space on our left today.
BJ was not bad but maybe Werner starting would have spun the game?

Back
Top Bottom