Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2/2 g/a from 7 matches (5 starts) is great contribution from the wing. If he keeps this up we should probably sign him.

He's basically on 1 x G&A every 103mins.

His general play has been decent too.

There's no need to shoot our load with the "buy him" shouts already though......... The upside of 'try before you buy' is that there's no rush to make our minds up.

He’s a very good dribbler.

Not just the 1 on 1 with a sublime first touch.

He made Palace have 2 men close to him often in the game, because he was such a threat and was taking his man on, brave on the ball and quality.

No question he starts against Villa.

Ange knows best.

Did not for a moment think we would se Johnson starting at LW.

Great goal Timo

:ange-arms:

He's basically on 1 x G&A every 103mins.

His general play has been decent too.

There's no need to shoot our load with the "buy him" shouts already though......... The upside of 'try before you buy' is that there's no rush to make our minds up.
Just like with Kulusevski we might as well wait it out and be all "oh... We arent really sure about it, because you know money is tight and all...maybe if you would shave a few millions of the price...??"

:levystare:

We absolutely must sign him. Works hard. Has a goal in him. And even if not starting every or even most games, he's a great option to have on the bench to bring on against tiring defenders. He also comes across as just a really good guy who will never cause any fuss or bother which is always an added bonus.

He's a steal in today's crazy market considering he's at a great age and is a full International for Germany. He has almost 60 caps now.

We absolutely must sign him. Works hard. Has a goal in him. And even if not starting every or even most games, he's a great option to have on the bench to bring on against tiring defenders. He also comes across as just a really good guy who will never cause any fuss or bother which is always an added bonus.

He's a steal in today's crazy market considering he's at a great age and is a full International for Germany. He has almost 60 caps now.

Also:

Werner in the CL:
43 apps / 31 starts / 17 goals / 7 apps.
2520mins = 1 x G&A every 105mins.

.........Even in the EPL his record = 1 x G&A every 159mins.

It really is the case that peeps (myself included) only remembered the sitters missed.

The decision with Werner isn't whether he's good value. It looks like he certainly will be. I think the signing fee was in the region of 13 million, which is a pittance in today's world.

The decision is whether he's good enough to take us to the next level and we want to give a contract to a player that will likely stay with us for another 3/4 years.

I still think the one player we're desperate for is an absolute monster striker/wide player, that the opposition are terrified of. For the sake of argument, someone like Kvara.

I don’t think signing Werner as a squad addition should preclude us from signing a monster
Keep Werner, move on Gil/Solomon, sign Monsta.

We started the season with Perisic, Gil & Solomon and it's more than likely at least 2 of those will be gone in the summer.

Now whether that ends up meaning:

NEW x 2 + one of TW or MS
or
NEW x 1 + TW and MS

.....I don't know.

I am still curious about what Solomon can offer us though.

The decision with Werner isn't whether he's good value. It looks like he certainly will be. I think the signing fee was in the region of 13 million, which is a pittance in today's world.

The decision is whether he's good enough to take us to the next level and we want to give a contract to a player that will likely stay with us for another 3/4 years.

I still think the one player we're desperate for is an absolute monster striker/wide player, that the opposition are terrified of. For the sake of argument, someone like Kvara.

He's not going to take us to any new level. You have to be world-class to do that, or very close to, and he's neither. But he is a good player and a very good option to have in the squad. Nothing against Soloman at all, but I'd rather be bringing Werner off the bench or starting him here and there.

Solomon looked really good in the few games he played. One, in particular, although I can't remember who it was against.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us move on Richarlison, especially if a UAE type offer arrives.
Don't know if this is the game that you're referring to, but the 5-2 at Burnley I thought he showed a lot of promise. I remember thinking that the front three we played that day of Kulusevski-Son-Solomon was going to be the one going forward. They seemed to have a really good balance of technique and pace. Certainly think he has something.

Back
Top Bottom