THST Board Meeting with THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought this was an interesting point & good new for those of us that had LOTS of LPs as a Bronze member)

2.13 KL asked for clarification of the mechanism for allocating FA Cup semi-final or final tickets this season given the influx of new Season Ticket holders. There would be roughly 32,000 tickets for a SF and 28,000 for a Final and potentially large numbers of new Season ticket holders on the same points total.
IM felt that the points awarded throughout the season would have helped separate out the new Season Ticket holders but that the deciding factor would be the number of bronze points held on upgrading to a season ticket should there be a large number all on the same number of points.
THST agreed with this as they felt no new Season Ticket holder should be worse off this season than there were as a bronze member last season. So those bronze members who qualified for tickets through their points totals last year should qualify again this season, in principle.
Excellent. Judging by the loyalty points table as it stands at the last update, looks like any ST holder with 50+ LPs should be guaranteed an FA cup final ticket should we make it.

I like the sound of this in principle:

"IM explained that the ticket exchange would be operational next season, along with a ticket transfer scheme for home games – called TicketShare. This would allow a ticket holder to forward an eticket to a fellow fan within their network should they not be able to make a game. It would offer a secure way to pass on a ticket. THFC to provide more detail on this ticket transfer tool shortly"
I'm so sceptical on most things ticketing, I hope to high heaven that this is going to be done, on the face of it, it sounds great and I'm all for it but we have hundreds, maybe thousands of ST holders who hold at least one ST for the sole purpose to trade, most have absolutely cleaned up the past 10yrs or so earning enough money to cover their own ST, contribute directly to increase of ticket prices, contribute directly to the increase of tourists on a PL bucket list, at the same time (based on my personal experience) slagging off the general demise of atmosphere, cunts. Anyway, what happens with them? All I can see is they continue holding an ST and then ensure that they have "customers" in their network.

What would really please me is to see the club in some way cleanse the ST list, this should be ONLY for individuals who are to attend the game regularly, commit to every game, if sick, wedding whatever then provide a mechanism for that ticket to get in the hands of a fan, if that's a person in your network then great.

I'm so sceptical on most things ticketing, I hope to high heaven that this is going to be done, on the face of it, it sounds great and I'm all for it but we have hundreds, maybe thousands of ST holders who hold at least one ST for the sole purpose to trade, most have absolutely cleaned up the past 10yrs or so earning enough money to cover their own ST, contribute directly to increase of ticket prices, contribute directly to the increase of tourists on a PL bucket list, at the same time (based on my personal experience) slagging off the general demise of atmosphere, cunts. Anyway, what happens with them? All I can see is they continue holding an ST and then ensure that they have "customers" in their network.

What would really please me is to see the club in some way cleanse the ST list, this should be ONLY for individuals who are to attend the game regularly, commit to every game, if sick, wedding whatever then provide a mechanism for that ticket to get in the hands of a fan, if that's a person in your network then great.
Yes, this would definitely open up potential for (more) abuse of season tickets. Maybe tickets should only be transferable to people who have been in your 'network' for 6-8 weeks already or something...

Yes, this would definitely open up potential for (more) abuse of season tickets. Maybe tickets should only be transferable to people who have been in your 'network' for 6-8 weeks already or something...
Yeah agree. Usually I can think of solutions to things but in this case I can acknowledge problems. Obvious ones I can think of do have privacy downsides such retina scans, or fingerprint recognition systems, technology has been around for years so can easily be implemented but for many I can see that might be taking the piss, it would without doubt stop the greedy cunt in the fanbase from profiteering whilst contributing to a declining match day experience (my pet hate of all pet hates, filth).

This too often gets overlooked when we talk about wages:

Not really becuase the elite clubs will operate their own bonus structure in addition to paying significantly higher wages than us. From a players perspective a high guaranteed salary with a lower bonus structure is going to be the preferable option over a lower salary but higher bonus structure. We are just not as attractive as the elite clubs when it comes to remuneration but that shouldn’t come as a surprise and there is not a lot we can do about that.

Not really becuase the elite clubs will operate their own bonus structure in addition to paying significantly higher wages than us. From a players perspective a high guaranteed salary with a lower bonus structure is going to be the preferable option over a lower salary but higher bonus structure. We are just not as attractive as the elite clubs when it comes to remuneration but that shouldn’t come as a surprise and there is not a lot we can do about that.
Apart from build a stadium.

I like the sound of this in principle:

"IM explained that the ticket exchange would be operational next season, along with a ticket transfer scheme for home games – called TicketShare. This would allow a ticket holder to forward an eticket to a fellow fan within their network should they not be able to make a game. It would offer a secure way to pass on a ticket. THFC to provide more detail on this ticket transfer tool shortly"

I think this would be an interesting experiment. But why not just sell back to the club at FV?

But it’s not going to enable to us compete with the elite clubs. Our capacity to spend in terms of the market and wages will still remain well below theirs. The new stadium moves us on a par with the likes of Liverpool, that’s it.
Boo Hoo! But we are competing with the elite clubs!!!
It moves us on par with Liverpool, much closer to Chelsea and if Woolwich fail to get CL this year and we do we should be fucking close with them too (that scenario is about a £70m combined swing in our favour). Fucking hell mate, that leaves City and Utd. the highest valued club on planet earth and the biggest club on earth, get some perspective for fucks sake!

Oh and given what we have seen on the spending in recent years are you seriously trying to say that Utd's recruitment has been better than ours, I mean fuck me look at the utter shit their half a billion pound spend has got them. Are you trying to tell me Utd has a better team than ours?

Last edited:
There should only be 6 clubs - United, City, Madrid, Barca, Munich and PSG - who are clearly ahead of us in spending power within 5 years. We would be on a similar level to Woolwich, Liverpool and Chelsea who are the ones immediately those 6, and clearly ahead of teams like Dortmund, Atletico and Juventus. The nature of middle eastern politics means the day will come when you can remove City and PSG from that list, too. There is no reason we cannot aspire to regularly compete for the Premier League title and have a realistic shot at the Champions League.

Boo Hoo! But we are competing with the elite clubs!!!
It moves us on par with Liverpool, much closer to Chelsea and if Woolwich fail to get CL this year and we do we should be fucking close with them too (that scenario is about a £70m combined swing in our favour). Fucking hell mate, that leaves City and Utd. the highest valued club on planet earth and the biggest club on earth, get some perspective for fucks sake!

Oh and given what we have seen on the spending in recent years are you seriously trying to say that Utd's recruitment has been better than ours, I mean fuck me look at the utter shit their half a billion pond spend has got them. Are you trying to tell me Utd has a better team than ours?

I’m talking about competing financially as I said before we are an non elite club that currently possesses an elite side. We do not have the capacity to retain and maintain an elite side and the stadium isnt going to alter that, certainly not without any effective financial constraints on clubs like City and Chelsea. The same applies to similar clubs our standing such as A.Madrid, this isn’t unique to us. That’s not being negative it is simply accepting the reality of the situation. Money will dictate long term success and unfortunately for us the stadium will not and cannot more us into the bracket of an elite clubs.

I’m talking about competing financially as I said before we are an non elite club that currently possesses an elite side. We do not have the capacity to retain and maintain an elite side and the stadium isnt going to alter that, certainly not without any effective financial constraints on clubs like City and Chelsea. The same applies to similar clubs our standing such as A.Madrid, this isn’t unique to us. That’s not being negative it is simply accepting the reality of the situation. Money will dictate long term success and unfortunately for us the stadium will not and cannot more us into the bracket of an elite clubs.
We will be miles off City and Utd financially, I've made numerous previous posts about this, they have been and will continue to pull away from all clubs financially, despite the new revenue the stadium will bring to us. They are arguably (in City's case) the richest clubs in world football. But you are wrong about us only putting us on par with Liverpool, we get much, much closer to both Chelsea and Woolwich. Financially we've already past Atletico and if we see off Juve in the CL we go past them too (still might given we are banking more than a £1m per game at Wembley and this takes into account the rental of it), if you don't class Juve as an elite football club, I have absolutely no idea what one is.

We will be miles off City and Utd financially, I've made numerous previous posts about this, they have been and will continue to pull away from all clubs financially, despite the new revenue the stadium will bring to us. They are arguably (in City's case) the richest clubs in world football. But you are wrong about us only putting us on par with Liverpool, we get much, much closer to both Chelsea and Woolwich. Financially we've already past Atletico and if we see off Juve in the CL we go past them too (still might given we are banking more than a £1m per game at Wembley and this takes into account the rental of it), if you don't class Juve as an elite football club, I have absolutely no idea what one is.

Chelsea have a billionaire benefactor, closing the distance between our respective revenues is largely irrelevant whilst he remains present. As for moving on a par with Liverpool and Woolwich well both clubs are not elite clubs, neither clubs competes or win the major honours and neither club is able to retain its best players. I’m well aware that our capacity is already ahead of A. Madrid’s (only just). It’s a point of reference, that despite all of their success, despite their new stadium none of this has resulted in them becoming part of the elite. The elite clubs are the likes of United, Bayen , Real and Barca (clubs who’s natural resources dwarf all others) and the induced clubs like City, PSG and Chelsea. Success, certainly sustained success. in the modern era is dictated by revenues and the simple reality is that without the new stadium we are the 6th biggest club by turnover in the league and with it we are still the 6th biggest club by turnover in the league. This isn’t the great leveller that so many are making it out to be.

But it’s not going to enable to us compete with the elite clubs. Our capacity to spend in terms of the market and wages will still remain well below theirs. The new stadium moves us on a par with the likes of Liverpool, that’s it.

So just give up right?

Who are the ‘elite’ clubs in your opinion?

And as you’ve correctly identified, we have an elite team, so of course it’s possible to
compete.

Aren’t we competing with Utd? I take it they fit your definition of an ‘elite’ club?

Last edited:
Chelsea have a billionaire benefactor, closing the distance between our respective revenues is largely irrelevant whilst he remains present. As for moving on a par with Liverpool and Woolwich well both clubs are not elite clubs, neither clubs competes or win the major honours and neither club is able to retain its best players. I’m well aware that our capacity is already ahead of A. Madrid’s (only just). It’s a point of reference, that despite all of their success, despite their new stadium none of this has resulted in them becoming part of the elite. The elite clubs are the likes of United, Bayen , Real and Barca (clubs who’s natural resources dwarf all others) and the induced clubs like City, PSG and Chelsea. Success, certainly sustained success. in the modern era is dictated by revenues and the simple reality is that without the new stadium we are the 6th biggest club by turnover in the league and with it we are still the 6th biggest club by turnover in the league. This isn’t the great leveller that so many are making it out to be.
You never answer a question. Is Juve an elite club or not?

Chelsea football club owe the Russian £1b of course it fucking matters, he also no longer bank roles the club, hasn't for a number of years.

So are you aren't even bothered that we are building a new stadium? It's a waste of time? What's the point? Why did we even bother?

Barca couldn't keep hold of it's best player, so your point is completely fucked. Utd can't keep it's best player (Ronaldo) so your point is completely fucked. In fact what actual is your point?

So just give up right?

Who are the ‘elite’ clubs in your opinion?

Where did I say that?

I have already answered the second part.

We need to be creative like we have been and we also need to stop trying to be and thinking we are something that we are not.

The UEFA Cup is a prime example of the club spurning Opportunities in front it.

The main thing from all THST discussions for me is the migration of fans into the new stadium. The noisy fuckers in the Park Lane and Shelf Side simply must be allocated seats in the central 'wall' stand (and I don't consider myself one btw) to generate atmosphere or we'll have a West Ham style disaster on our hands...

Back
Top Bottom